Plugin Contributions

Default Ceon Advanced Shipper - how can I limit the display of available shipping methods?

Hi all, I know that this is a paid extension but I'm not having much luck with jsweb, and since the circumstances around this mod is so extremely unfortunate I would wish someone who's still using it could spare me some of his / her's precious time.

I found out about this mod just a few days ago and I'm totally amazed by the possibilities it offers for my complex shipping situation.

However, there is one thing I would like to change.

I have setup shipping methods per category, and I'm offering 3 types of shipping (First Class Mail, Economy Mail & Registered Mail).

It outputs just fine when you shop from only one category that has the same shipping method setup :

But once I shop from two categories with different setups, it get's a bit messy :

In the example above, a customer would like to buy both a vinyl record and a t-shirt. This will be sent in two packages and with Advanced Shipper I can finally charge the actual shipping cost for this. However, the display above may seem a little too confusing for a customer. Even though I understand that flexibility is the whole point of this mod, I simply don't have the need to offer my customers to select shipping method PER PACKAGE, only PER ORDER. So, I want only 3 options to be available, like this (photoshopped) :

One possible option could be to make two clones of Advanced Shipper and display 1 shipping type for each clone, this would clean up the output a little bit. I do not however have the skills to do this myself, and I was hoping on finding a quicker solution for this. Maybe I even can setup the mod in a different way, while still achieving the functionality I'm after?

I would love to get some input on this. Big thanks in advance.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ceon Advanced Shipper - how can I limit the display of available shipping methods

Quote Originally Posted by dysfunctional View Post
    Hi all, I know that this is a paid extension but I'm not having much luck with jsweb, and since the circumstances around this mod is so extremely unfortunate I would wish someone who's still using it could spare me some of his / her's precious time.

I found out about this mod just a few days ago and I'm totally amazed by the possibilities it offers for my complex shipping situation.

However, there is one thing I would like to change.

I have setup shipping methods per category, and I'm offering 3 types of shipping (First Class Mail, Economy Mail & Registered Mail).

It outputs just fine when you shop from only one category that has the same shipping method setup :

But once I shop from two categories with different setups, it get's a bit messy :

In the example above, a customer would like to buy both a vinyl record and a t-shirt. This will be sent in two packages and with Advanced Shipper I can finally charge the actual shipping cost for this. However, the display above may seem a little too confusing for a customer. Even though I understand that flexibility is the whole point of this mod, I simply don't have the need to offer my customers to select shipping method PER PACKAGE, only PER ORDER. So, I want only 3 options to be available, like this (photoshopped) :

One possible option could be to make two clones of Advanced Shipper and display 1 shipping type for each clone, this would clean up the output a little bit. I do not however have the skills to do this myself, and I was hoping on finding a quicker solution for this. Maybe I even can setup the mod in a different way, while still achieving the functionality I'm after?

I would love to get some input on this. Big thanks in advance.
    Agree paid for plugin, not exactly the right place to discuss that aspect of it.

As for any mod that offers combinations, if you want to only allow the parallel equivalent value of what would be an array of values, then somewhere in the construction of the data, need to capture the value of the first "attribute" and only allow the second/subsequent attribute if it is the same as the first. Should expect to find a loop of loops where the first value can be captured and each subsequent addition of the applicable shipping method only if the same as the first. I would be surprised though that there is not an option to do exactly that. Might be an oddly worded check box or something. Only allow the same type of shipping throughout or something.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ceon Advanced Shipper - how can I limit the display of available shipping methods

Hi mc12345678, thanks for replying.

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Agree paid for plugin, not exactly the right place to discuss that aspect of it.

As for any mod that offers combinations, if you want to only allow the parallel equivalent value of what would be an array of values, then somewhere in the construction of the data, need to capture the value of the first "attribute" and only allow the second/subsequent attribute if it is the same as the first. Should expect to find a loop of loops where the first value can be captured and each subsequent addition of the applicable shipping method only if the same as the first.
    Sounds logical. Way over my programming skills though I'm afraid.

I would be surprised though that there is not an option to do exactly that. Might be an oddly worded check box or something. Only allow the same type of shipping throughout or something.
    I'm kind of surprised too, but there's nothing mentioned in the docs about this and I really can't find any settings for it.

Plugin Contributions

Jsweb finally got back to me, and when I sent them the question above, they say they don't know more about this module than what's already in the docs. Which I have carefully studied over and over. Sad with such a great module.

By making two clones of it I'm hoping to achieve acceptable results.

Still curious to hear how other users of this mod are handling this issue???

Best regards

Peter

Plugin Contributions

look for my new post in addon shipping modules. will solve your problem