Page 318 of 356 FirstFirst ... 218268308316317318319320328 ... LastLast
Results 3,171 to 3,180 of 3558
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Stock by Attribute v4.0 addon for v1.5.0-1.5.6

Quote Originally Posted by webmanstudios View Post
    Hi All, :)

I'm guessing that the image is the issue mvstudio is experiencing?

Attachment 18774
    Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Had a moment to look some things over, apparently I have locally resolved this in the 3.2.1 branch, but have not updated GitHub to reflect the capability that I thought was available to all. That said, you should see on the site that the recent issue discussed is resolved. I will be posting the fix to GitHub soon, but want to try to make it clean commits.
    Please explain why this image is being considered to explain the situation described by mvstudio? To me it doesn't appear that way, though I can also see that the dropdown menu does not use the SBA Basic Select (dropdown) option name type. I'm not sure which setting is enabled, but I do see that 0.00 is displayed adjacent to the attribute option which would not normally be expected. But the issue addressed by my above attached post is related to Dynamic Price Updater and I do not see at the site referenced by that image that DPU is installed. This brings me back to the request to explain.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Hi mc,

I was checking to see if if this was the issue before lodging a new support request.

If the image was the issue being addressed I would of not bothered you further and just awaited the update to the module. :)

I have run the ''All Dropdowns to SBA Select Basic Dropdowns'' options but i did get error:

product_attribute_combo field updated Error Message: PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_TYPE_SELECT_SBA not defined.

Thank you for any assistance you can offer.

Kind Regards,

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by webmanstudios View Post
    Hi mc,

I was checking to see if if this was the issue before lodging a new support request.

If the image was the issue being addressed I would of not bothered you further and just awaited the update to the module. :)

I have run the ''All Dropdowns to SBA Select Basic Dropdowns'' options but i did get error:

product_attribute_combo field updated Error Message: PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_TYPE_SELECT_SBA not defined.

Thank you for any assistance you can offer.

Kind Regards,
    The error message described above, was that provided in the configuration section after attempting to apply the option or was that logged in a myDebug file?

It is expected that the PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_TYPE_SELECT_SBA be added to the database when running the install/upgrade; however, there still remain occasions where this doesn't happen and it appears to be session related. Generally, selecting the logout option from the admin screen and then logging in again to the configuration are and rerunning at least the product type install will lead to proper installation, but it has been something difficult to reproduce on an on call basis.

There is a process that can be followed to push that constant to the database, though the preference is still to identify a way for the code to do it if able to it. Information about how to reproduce the reported issue always helps as well as how it was reported.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you so much for the help. I have the addon installed but am running into an issue. I cannot update the quantity of the attribute. When I click in the Quantity box I can only highlight the existing quantity (0). If I click on Edit Quantity I am able to enter a number but when I submit it the quantity doesn't update. What am I missing?

Thank you!

Generally speaking, the code has advanced from those earlier instructions to where there is now an installer for the sql portion.

The general install process is pretty much the following now:
    Obtain the software from https://github.com/mc12345678/stock_...butes_combined by selecting the green button on the right and download the zip file.
    Load/merge the files found in the includes and admin folders with those of your site (there are a few files in the includes/modules and includes/templates directories that need to merge with your current template.)
    Access the folder for your version of ZC, there is a single folder for both 1.5.3 and 1.5.4 because of their similarities and improvements that should be maintained regardless which version.

Access the admin install file by logging into your admin and then modifying the browser path to goto: admin/stock_by_attr_install.php

Where admin is the folder name for your admin.

Then there are two configuration groups added: Dynamic Dropdowns and Products with Attributes Stock (aka SBA) Setup, configuration settings added to Stock and one to Attribute Settings.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by tjetzer View Post
    Thank you so much for the help. I have the addon installed but am running into an issue. I cannot update the quantity of the attribute. When I click in the Quantity box I can only highlight the existing quantity (0). If I click on Edit Quantity I am able to enter a number but when I submit it the quantity doesn't update. What am I missing?

Thank you!
    I've seen this happen, but haven't been able to get into a good testing situation to discover wht exactly. Some things that come to mind as to what it might be (again I haven't been able to reproduce it on command in some time) relate to permissions of the Ajax related files in the admin, to the method(s) of verifying that the value(s) are numeric, at one point whether the page passes html validation.

I wouldn't mind getting access to try to see what is going on and resolving if details can be provided by PM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by tjetzer View Post

Thank you!
    I've seen this happen, but haven't been able to get into a good testing situation to discover wht exactly. Some things that come to mind as to what it might be (again I haven't been able to reproduce it on command in some time) relate to permissions of the Ajax related files in the admin, to the method(s) of verifying that the value(s) are numeric, at one point whether the page passes html validation.

I wouldn't mind getting access to try to see what is going on and resolving if details can be provided by PM.
    Credentials were provided and the opportunity to review the site in its "natural" state was given. Here's what I found:
    When attempting to modify any of the fields from the Products with Attributes (aka SBA) page, no matter on what I clicked it did not become editable (this was identified while using the browser Microsoft Edge). When I clicked F12 and looked at the Console, I saw that there was an error message about items not supporting ajaxForm. Come to find out that the template override files in the base includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE and includes/modules/YOUR_TEMPLATE were not incorporated into the template's folder (e.g. /includes/templates/bobs-template and includes/modules/bobs-template). This resulted in the associated jquery.form.js not being loaded and therefore the entries not "selectable".

As to the issue of going into the edit option, attempting to enter a new value (likely a number other than 0) and then save it only to result in having a value of 0. Well, it seems that versions of Zen Cart at least as old as 1.5.4 did not (properly?) handle conversion/verification of some data to a float when using the database bindVars method. In those versions, for some reason the value was always evaluated to a 0.

For me, this issue has not been happening in my more recent testing with Zen Cart 1.5.6/1.5.7 and I don't recall it happening in 1.5.5, but perhaps it did/was. Anyways, I incorporated a test for this unusual condition occurring and if it happens then to use an alternate method to ensure the value is a float before attempting to store it in the database.

I'll be pushing this modification to GitHub soon likely as a separate issue for those experiencing this. Ideally, the store would simply be upgraded to a current version where this one issue and untold other improvements have been incorporated.

Plugin Contributions

Credentials were provided and the opportunity to review the site in its "natural" state was given. Here's what I found:
    When attempting to modify any of the fields from the Products with Attributes (aka SBA) page, no matter on what I clicked it did not become editable (this was identified while using the browser Microsoft Edge). When I clicked F12 and looked at the Console, I saw that there was an error message about items not supporting ajaxForm. Come to find out that the template override files in the base includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE and includes/modules/YOUR_TEMPLATE were not incorporated into the template's folder (e.g. /includes/templates/bobs-template and includes/modules/bobs-template). This resulted in the associated jquery.form.js not being loaded and therefore the entries not "selectable".

As to the issue of going into the edit option, attempting to enter a new value (likely a number other than 0) and then save it only to result in having a value of 0. Well, it seems that versions of Zen Cart at least as old as 1.5.4 did not (properly?) handle conversion/verification of some data to a float when using the database bindVars method. In those versions, for some reason the value was always evaluated to a 0.

For me, this issue has not been happening in my more recent testing with Zen Cart 1.5.6/1.5.7 and I don't recall it happening in 1.5.5, but perhaps it did/was. Anyways, I incorporated a test for this unusual condition occurring and if it happens then to use an alternate method to ensure the value is a float before attempting to store it in the database.

I'll be pushing this modification to GitHub soon likely as a separate issue for those experiencing this. Ideally, the store would simply be upgraded to a current version where this one issue and untold other improvements have been incorporated.
    Fix to the "edit quantity always enters a quantity of 0" issue described above is found at:
    https://github.com/mc12345678/Stock_...mbined/pull/66

Plugin Contributions

Ok, I just got everything uploaded, and for the most part everything is working great, except I am getting an error when I try to open the Product Description page.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'elseif' (T_ELSEIF) in /home/******/public_html/****/product.php on line 140

And the logs are showing:

[13-Feb-2020 15:18:16 America/Phoenix] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: categories in /home/********/public_html/****/includes/modules/category_product_listing.php on line 96

[13-Feb-2020 15:18:16 America/Phoenix] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/********/public_html/****/includes/modules/category_product_listing.php on line 96

[13-Feb-2020 15:18:16 America/Phoenix] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: order in /home/********/public_html/****/includes/modules/category_product_listing.php on line 398

[13-Feb-2020 15:18:16 America/Phoenix] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/********/public_html/****/includes/modules/category_product_listing.php on line 398

[13-Feb-2020 15:18:16 America/Phoenix] PHP Notice: Undefined index: customer_id in /home/********/public_html/****/includes/functions/general.php on line 1770

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Lordzoabar View Post
    Ok, I just got everything uploaded, and for the most part everything is working great, except I am getting an error when I try to open the Product Description page.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'elseif' (T_ELSEIF) in /home/******/public_html/****/product.php on line 140

And the logs are showing:

[13-Feb-2020 15:18:16 America/Phoenix] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: categories in /home/********/public_html/****/includes/modules/category_product_listing.php on line 96

[13-Feb-2020 15:18:16 America/Phoenix] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/********/public_html/****/includes/modules/category_product_listing.php on line 96

[13-Feb-2020 15:18:16 America/Phoenix] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: order in /home/********/public_html/****/includes/modules/category_product_listing.php on line 398

[13-Feb-2020 15:18:16 America/Phoenix] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/********/public_html/****/includes/modules/category_product_listing.php on line 398

[13-Feb-2020 15:18:16 America/Phoenix] PHP Notice: Undefined index: customer_id in /home/********/public_html/****/includes/functions/general.php on line 1770
    Don't want to make too many assumptions, but based on the first file identified, is this in the admin then? Also, what version of ZC is involved?

Partially I ask because there isn't anything in the admin for this code to touch/address the product.php file in the admin which makes me think that the problem existed before adding this code or perhaps was revealed by adding SBA as a result of possibly having some other plugin installed...

Plugin Contributions

Running 1.5.5f. And yes, in the Admin. The only other plugins we’ve got that touch products.php (off the top of my head) are Product Sorter, Dynamic Price Updater, and POSSIBLY Super Orders, and even still I’m fairly uncertain about that. It was running pretty late in the day yesterday when I got to the point where this all happened, so I wasn’t able to look deeper, but I’m going to run another WinMerge comparison against our live products.php when I get in today. Everything on the live side is working fine, so it may be as simple as I merged a line in the wrong spot.