Page 92 of 281 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142192 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: One-Page Checkout [Support Thread]

If you look at the debug log, can you get an idea of what's wrong? Hint: it's where it says fatal error. What would you want to do first from looking at this error message? I bet you can figure this one out on your own!👍

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lankeeyankee View Post
    If you look at the debug log, can you get an idea of what's wrong? Hint: it's where it says fatal error. What would you want to do first from looking at this error message? I bet you can figure this one out on your own!��
    many thanks for responding lankee -
    I am going to engage you as my Motivational consultant lankeeyankee - the expression of your confidence in my ability has driven me to new heights!
    So the problem I have is understanding the context of what that line means and hence trying to decipher the issue;
    Code:
                // $p2 ... (r/w) A reference to the newly-created order's ID value.
                //
                case 'NOTIFY_ORDER_DURING_CREATE_ADDED_ORDER_HEADER':
                    if (zen_in_guest_checkout()) {
                        $GLOBALS['db']->Execute(
                            "UPDATE " . TABLE_ORDERS . "
                                SET is_guest_order = 1
                              WHERE orders_id = " . (int)$p2 . "
                              LIMIT 1"
                        );
                    }
                    break;
    Interpretation of someone who is not a coder - it means that a 'guest' has a limit of '1' order per visit (login) ?? somehow I think it means something different/more than that but let's assume I am right - why would that trigger on just one login and why would the transaction actually process?

Most of the time I do try to work out the logic of issues within my limited knowledge of coding however other times I reach for the panic button - gotta get out of that habit

thanks again,
    Mike

Plugin Contributions

I think you're missing what I meant:
    PHP Code:
    PHP Fatal error:  1054:Unknown column 'is_guest_order' in 'field list' :: UPDATE orders.... 
    It looks like there is a missing column in the orders table. That is what this error message is telling you. "Unknown column 'is_guest_order'"

Sometimes the logs can be confusing and it would be nice if there was a "basic log" showing just the error and a "complete log" such as it currently is. While it's good to be able to back trace where the error is being called from, the chain of events, it can also be perhaps "too much information" for many regular (non-developer) users when all they need is that last line of the log showing the actual error.

So, in the interest of helping you get a better understanding of what's occurred, do you have more insight into the issue? Just from what that bit that I pasted above is saying. I do not know why this is happening in terms of upgrading from a lower version, and Cindy is the best person to address it moving forward, but you can remedy this so you can progress with your site update once you see what the error is telling you.

Zen Cart and it's community are the best!!

Plugin Contributions

I think you're missing what I meant:
    PHP Code:
    PHP Fatal error:  1054:Unknown column 'is_guest_order' in 'field list' :: UPDATE orders.... 
    It looks like there is a missing column in the orders table. That is what this error message is telling you. "Unknown column 'is_guest_order'"

Sometimes the logs can be confusing and it would be nice if there was a "basic log" showing just the error and a "complete log" such as it currently is. While it's good to be able to back trace where the error is being called from, the chain of events, it can also be perhaps "too much information" for many regular (non-developer) users when all they need is that last line of the log showing the actual error.

So, in the interest of helping you get a better understanding of what's occurred, do you have more insight into the issue? Just from what that bit that I pasted above is saying. I do not know why this is happening in terms of upgrading from a lower version, and Cindy is the best person to address it moving forward, but you can remedy this so you can progress with your site update once you see what the error is telling you.
    Thanks again lankee - I can't tell you any more about what is happening than what I described in the post on the previous page. So you are aware, the site is upgraded using 2.0.3 with some jscript file modifications provided by Cindy that solved a particular problem. Cindy then had some other improvements she did and released 2.0.4 a few days later but for some reason or other I am having an issue with it so I reverted to 2.0.3 - I suppose I was just letting Cindy know. 2.0.3 (modified) is working fine for me.

The reference to upgrade was in relation to PHP versions, from 5.6 used on the previous v1.5.1 to upgrading it to 7.1 when I upgraded the site to v1.5.5f and the problem it is causing on the template I am using and the off chance it may have been an influence - if you are so inclined maybe you might be able to offer an opinion on the cause of the PHP conflict, see this thread >> https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....42#post1347942

thanks again for your support.

cheers,
    Mike

Plugin Contributions

The error is telling you that you are missing a column in the orders table called is_guest_order. Again, I don't know why upgrading OPC versions hasn't updated the orders table to add this column, I haven't looked at the code. But, to get you rolling on your merry way, you can easily add this column.
    Code:
    ALTER TABLE `orders` ADD COLUMN `is_guest_order` tinyint(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0';
    You can paste this into tools>install sql patches.

Zen Cart and it's community are the best!!

Plugin Contributions

The error is telling you that you are missing a column in the orders table called is_guest_order. Again, I don't know why upgrading OPC versions hasn't updated the orders table to add this column, I haven't looked at the code. But, to get you rolling on your merry way, you can easily add this column.
    Code:
    ALTER TABLE `orders` ADD COLUMN `is_guest_order` tinyint(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0';
    You can paste this into tools>install sql patches.
    thanks lankee - I will give that a try and report back.

cheers,
    Mike

Plugin Contributions

Hmm, that is_guest_order should have been added to the orders' table on an install/upgrade to v2.0.0 (or later). If that's not there, there's also the possibility that other database configuration items weren't added either.

@shags38, would you post a screenshot of your store's Configuration->One-Page Checkout Settings for review?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    Hmm, that is_guest_order should have been added to the orders' table on an install/upgrade to v2.0.0 (or later). If that's not there, there's also the possibility that other database configuration items weren't added either.

@shags38, would you post a screenshot of your store's Configuration->One-Page Checkout Settings for review?
    Hi Cindy - configuration settings below as requested - v2.0.4 settings were exactly the same
    cheers,
    Mike
    Attachment 17989

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for that, Mike. That is_guest_order field should have been created when all the guest-checkout-related configuration settings were created, so I'm still puzzled.

Plugin Contributions

Hi

Have installed latest version of OPC and am having issues with zipship module. When you first arrive at the checkout page it correctly displays a delivery rate, however if you update the shipping address postcode it then incorrectly says 'The delivery/shipping fee cannot be determined at this time' .