Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: trying to upgrade zencart 1.5.5f to 1.5.6c but it seems I am a bit stuck. Please

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    Have you looked at How do I rebuild my site on the new version, instead of upgrading? - Blogs - Zen Cart Support

This is really the best example of upgrading and keeping the original going as well.
    To be honest , i didnt understand it. At least not then. I going to re-read it now. The most progress I have made here is with the help i got from you guys. I had hadn't had that extra domain to play around with , I probably would have really screwed something up.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: trying to upgrade zencart 1.5.5f to 1.5.6c but it seems I am a bit stuck. Please

Quote Originally Posted by jasonshanks View Post
    To be honest , i didnt understand it. At least not then. I going to re-read it now. The most progress I have made here is with the help i got from you guys. I had hadn't had that extra domain to play around with , I probably would have really screwed something up.
    It describes doing more or less what you did.

As far as Ceon URI Mapping, two things, one there was an update made (described in the forum thread for version 5) to support changes made in ZC 1.5.6c and the other which was recently described in that thread was the need to include the folder zc_install in the .htaccess file to prevent redirection when trying to run the database install/upgrade.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    It describes doing more or less what you did.

As far as Ceon URI Mapping, two things, one there was an update made (described in the forum thread for version 5) to support changes made in ZC 1.5.6c and the other which was recently described in that thread was the need to include the folder zc_install in the .htaccess file to prevent redirection when trying to run the database install/upgrade.
    This is good to hear , ceon is really the last step preventing me from fully leaving 1.5.5f. I need those redirects since I have many old links i need to carry over. I would hate to give google search console all those 404's. I installed CEON on the test domain with 1.5.6c and i get ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS when ceon is running and enabled. Is this because of the php 7 change ? It still works on my live site with 1.5.5f and php 5.6.

Plugin Contributions

This is good to hear , ceon is really the last step preventing me from fully leaving 1.5.5f. I need those redirects since I have many old links i need to carry over. I would hate to give google search console all those 404's. I installed CEON on the test domain with 1.5.6c and i get ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS when ceon is running and enabled. Is this because of the php 7 change ? It still works on my live site with 1.5.5f and php 5.6.
    That's a known issue with Ceon 5.0 and zc156c. See this support-thread posting for the correction.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    That's a known issue with Ceon 5.0 and zc156c. See this support-thread posting for the correction.
    THANKKKKK YOu!! This was the final peg i needed solved. That fixed it perfectly. Now i can upgrade and get back to worrying about SEO on the real site.

Plugin Contributions

I guess I got too happy , The redircts are gone. But now when i go to edit a product , i get a 500 error. Doh... i hope they solved that too.

Plugin Contributions

I guess I got too happy , The redircts are gone. But now when i go to edit a product , i get a 500 error. Doh... i hope they solved that too.
    Be sure that you have gone through the "installation/upgrade" process which is to access the module from the admin->modules area. Otherwise may also want to be sure that files from version 4 (not included in version 5) are removed/restored. Not sure from where your version was downloaded, but as I recall there was a version 5.0.1 also released. I don't know if it made it to the forum site or not, I haven't looked in a while.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Be sure that you have gone through the "installation/upgrade" process which is to access the module from the admin->modules area. Otherwise may also want to be sure that files from version 4 (not included in version 5) are removed/restored. Not sure from where your version was downloaded, but as I recall there was a version 5.0.1 also released. I don't know if it made it to the forum site or not, I haven't looked in a while.
    I think this might be the issue , I downloaded the newest version from plugins. 4.5.5. I have no idea there was a new version out. I bet this is the reason. Going to try and remove the version I have and install the newest free version from the CEON website.

Plugin Contributions

it tells me i need to modify 35 files after I installed it. It would fast for me to just try 5.0.1 fresh without all the files from 4.5.5. So going to nuke the whole test site and see I can get up and going without the issues.

Plugin Contributions

Alright , on the test site I have installed a fresh zc 1.5.6c and database updated , ceon 5.0.1 , php 7.2 and the fedex shipping module. Now all of a sudden Its spitting out tons of mydebug files. whenever I get to the shipping options and select one it generates a new mybug file with that in it.

[08-Jan-2020 17:11:33 America/Los_Angeles] Request URI: /index.php?main_page=checkout_shipping, IP address: 162.234.204.230
    #1 fedexwebservices->build_request() called at [/dreamhost/servername/salvagecrate.com/includes/modules/shipping/fedexwebservices.php:470]
    #2 fedexwebservices->quote() called at [/dreamhost/servername/salvagecrate.com/includes/classes/shipping.php:168]
    #3 shipping->quote() called at [/dreamhost/servername/salvagecrate.com/includes/modules/pages/checkout_shipping/header_php.php:162]
    #4 require(/dreamhost/servername/salvagecrate.com/includes/modules/pages/checkout_shipping/header_php.php) called at [/dreamhost/servername/salvagecrate.com/index.php:36]
    --> PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MODULE_SHIPPING_BOXES_MANAGER_STATUS - assumed 'MODULE_SHIPPING_BOXES_MANAGER_STATUS' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /dreamhost/servername/salvagecrate.com/includes/modules/shipping/fedexwebservices.php on line 85.

[08-Jan-2020 17:11:33 America/Los_Angeles] Request URI: /index.php?main_page=checkout_shipping, IP address: 162.234.204.230
    #1 fedexwebservices->build_request() called at [/dreamhost/servername/salvagecrate.com/includes/modules/shipping/fedexwebservices.php:470]
    #2 fedexwebservices->quote() called at [/dreamhost/servername/salvagecrate.com/includes/classes/shipping.php:168]
    #3 shipping->quote() called at [/dreamhost/servername/salvagecrate.com/includes/modules/pages/checkout_shipping/header_php.php:162]
    #4 require(/dreamhost/servername/salvagecrate.com/includes/modules/pages/checkout_shipping/header_php.php) called at [/dreamhost/servername/salvagecrate.com/index.php:36]
    --> PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MODULE_SHIPPING_BOXES_MANAGER_STATUS - assumed 'MODULE_SHIPPING_BOXES_MANAGER_STATUS' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /dreamhost/servername/salvagecrate.com/includes/modules/shipping/fedexwebservices.php on line 277.

Anyone have any idea why this is happening ? I really thought i was ready to upgrade too

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast