Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: V154 & V155 when cookies off zenid changing with every change of page. add item f

Was set to '' set to 'false' still no change when cookies off. this is on a clean install of 1.55a with test data so no other changes.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    If you turn off ENABLE_SSL does the problem go away?
    (The code-change you posted suggests that your server isn't properly representing SSL.)

Additionally, is your html_output.php function file altered in any way?
    Mark Brittain
    http:\\innerlightcrystals.co.uk\sales\

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: V154 & V155 when cookies off zenid changing with every change of page. add item f

And why exactly are you forcing cookies off?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Because a customer complained that they could not put an item into the basket. This was the only scenario that I could reproduce the problem. I would not have an issue if it went to the this sites requires cookies but it does not I just says that the session has expired. Which as this is not true all that has happened is that the session id has a new id allocated to all the links when cookies are turned off. The change I put in kept the original ID. What I would like to happen is, if zen cart needs cookies which I think is what you are trying to say then the cookies are off page should be displayed.
    I cannot get the cookies page to be displayed even in a fresh install of the system with no addins or alterations.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    And why exactly are you forcing cookies off?
    Mark Brittain

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Okay, let's turn on the setting to require cookies: Force Cookie Use = true.
    I believe that'll show the "requires cookies" page if they're disabled.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Sorry no change still goes to the time out page when force cookie use is true and cookies are turned off.

Attached picture of settings
    Name:  zen cart.jpg
Views: 373
Size:  39.9 KB

The difference is that the zenid is not displayed.

A question. Is zen cart designed to work with cookies off?
    Mark Brittain

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by brittainmark View Post
    A question. Is zen cart designed to work with cookies off?
    Essentially yes. But I never use it that way so if there are issues with it I'm not seeing them.
    In fact, there are many who strongly recommend Force Cookie Use = true for various reasons unrelated to your symptoms.

That said, I can't seem to duplicate the symptoms you're reporting ... which is frustrating for both of us.

Plugin Contributions

I know Just what you mean.
    Could it be a php version issue?
    My live servers use: Apache Version 2.4.16, PHP Version 5.4.45, MySQL Version 5.6.30

On my test server I am using : Apache/2.4.7 ,PHP Version 5.5.9 , MySQL Version 5.5.49.

Don't know if you use virtual box. If it would help I could build you a virtual machine. (they tend to be big so would have to put it on an ftp site for you.).

I'll try a top level install on my test site with 1.5.5a and no extras to see if that solves it. If it does then it is definitely my servers.
    Mark Brittain

Plugin Contributions

Just done another completely clean install. same issue. as soon as you turn off cookies the zenid changes for every link on the page. So the zenid in the URL does not match the Zenid on any of the links on the page and when you try to add an item to the cart you go to the timeout page. Just to complete the picture the version of zen cart I am using is zen-cart-v1.5.5a-05052016.

If I can give you any more info Just ask.
    Mark
    Mark Brittain

Plugin Contributions

Can you tell me where cookies usage or lack of is detected. I'll try to do some digging if I know where to look.

Additionally the admin section will not work at all with cookies turned off. Just keeps returning me to the login page.
    Mark Brittain

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Can you tell me where cookies usage or lack of is detected. I'll try to do some digging if I know where to look.
    init_sessions.php
    Additionally the admin section will not work at all with cookies turned off. Just keeps returning me to the login page.
    Argh; I'm not seeing that. Very curious why it seems to be unique to your setup...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast