Page 281 of 360 FirstFirst ... 181231271279280281282283291331 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,810 of 3595
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: EasyPopulate 4.0 Support Thread

Awesome!

And information is all that is needed, really. This particular site sells parts, all products live 3 categories deep. All categories are structured like this:
    Equipment-Type^Manufacturer-List^Model-Number

So my middle category has about 150 duplicate names and there is no way to know which Master they belong to, thus no what to quickly add a description. The real bugger though is that bottom category. Even though there are very few duplicates, that's a list of about 1000 model numbers. Without knowing the parent cats, it's next to impossible to automate the addition of a description, meta info, etc.

I just saw that you put up a solution on GitHub. I haven't tried it yet, but HUGE thanks! I will report back as soon as I have a chance to try it out.

What I was going to do---prior to the new code you just supplied---was export the category table direct from mySQL, then use vlookup over and over until I had it all sorted.

Maaaan that would have been painful. Huge thanks!!!!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Feznizzle View Post
    Awesome!

And information is all that is needed, really. This particular site sells parts, all products live 3 categories deep. All categories are structured like this:
    Equipment-Type^Manufacturer-List^Model-Number

So my middle category has about 150 duplicate names and there is no way to know which Master they belong to, thus no what to quickly add a description. The real bugger though is that bottom category. Even though there are very few duplicates, that's a list of about 1000 model numbers. Without knowing the parent cats, it's next to impossible to automate the addition of a description, meta info, etc.

I just saw that you put up a solution on GitHub. I haven't tried it yet, but HUGE thanks! I will report back as soon as I have a chance to try it out.

What I was going to do---prior to the new code you just supplied---was export the category table direct from mySQL, then use vlookup over and over until I had it all sorted.

Maaaan that would have been painful. Huge thanks!!!!
    No problem, as said, the information makes sense from a usability standpoint, but also leads to the potential of users misunderstanding that modifying it the same way as done with the full product data will provide the same results. I'll incorporate it into the master thread so that others can benefit from the change.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

I have just upgrades to EP4 and having 1 issue and I`m sure it is something I`ve missed.

My main categories are INKJET / TONERS / SOLID INK / RIBBONS / DRUMS etc

When these are clicked inside each are ADVENT / BROTHER / CANON / DELL / EPSON etc

When using the earlier version this was working okay, since the upgrade I still have the main categories however there are no sub categories so all INKJET are all together.

I have checked to make sure the CSV headings are correct so I`m baffled.

Any advice muchly appreciated as it always is.

Mike Smith

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by MCS_Computers View Post
    I have just upgrades to EP4 and having 1 issue and I`m sure it is something I`ve missed.

My main categories are INKJET / TONERS / SOLID INK / RIBBONS / DRUMS etc

When these are clicked inside each are ADVENT / BROTHER / CANON / DELL / EPSON etc

When using the earlier version this was working okay, since the upgrade I still have the main categories however there are no sub categories so all INKJET are all together.

I have checked to make sure the CSV headings are correct so I`m baffled.

Any advice muchly appreciated as it always is.

Mike Smith
    Take a look at the export of a file related to a category that either has or is a sub-category and also the instructions, both of which would identify that sub-categories are identified by using the carat symbol (^) as the divider between each such sub-category.

Plugin Contributions

I used the EP to download a Model/Category and it said Inkjet^Advent as I had only imported the advent CSV file but through the store Inkjet had no sub categories. Sorry if that's not what you meant, you`ve helped a lot over the last few days so you should know that I'm a beginner, this is my last hurdle.

Plugin Contributions

I used the EP to download a Model/Category and it said Inkjet^Advent as I had only imported the advent CSV file but through the store Inkjet had no sub categories. Sorry if that's not what you meant, you`ve helped a lot over the last few days so you should know that I'm a beginner, this is my last hurdle.
    In a way that's what I meant, if I understand correctly. (which I'm not entirely sure that I do.)

My thoughts were this. If you already have at least one category that is a sub-category (preferably "manually" generated groups), then export of product (active or all) for that category (or sub-category) using the dropdowns across the top of the EP4 tools/admin screen would reflect the information/way that EP4 would expect the data to be made available to reproduce the same type/style of a product.

Mind you, again, the file generated is UTF-8 and the file normally expected for upload followed by import should also be in UTF-8 format. Further, the expectation is that if you look at the raw csv file using a plain text editor both before and after editing, they should look relatively similar. EP4 does add some extra double quotes (" not ') around information, that at least when using Open Office tend not to be "put back", but that's not necessarily an issue.

Anyways, I don't want to overload, especially if the first couple of things above address the issue (again, assuming I understand correctly)

Plugin Contributions

It has to be a EP4 thing because my previous version imports the CSV and the store shows category and sub categories as it should

Plugin Contributions

It has to be a EP4 thing because my previous version imports the CSV and the store shows category and sub categories as it should
    Umm. The proof of the "EP4" thing would be to export the file, then do nothing with it but upload and then import it again. The result should be no change to the site.

Then considering that the upload/import of an untouched file works, the next thing is to modify something about the file and repeat the upload/import. The only thing that should change is what was modified.

EP4 works to generate new categories as well as to add product to existing/new categories. If it doesn't for the particular site, then we need to start talking about information that is provided on the EP4 screen to see what isn't correctly setup, the configuration settings, and/or the details of generating the modified csv file.

If need be, PM me login details.
    Last edited by mc12345678; 19 Aug 2017 at 12:07 AM.

Plugin Contributions

MC thanks yet again you pointed me in the direction to fix it.

In the older version of EP it created 2 columns, v_categories_name_1 and v_categories_name_2

1 had Inkjet in and 2 had Advent in, I deleted the 2 column and changed 1 from Inkjet to Inkjet^Advent, re imported the CSV and it worked a treat.

Many thanks once again buddy, it is much appreciated..

Plugin Contributions

MC thanks yet again you pointed me in the direction to fix it.

In the older version of EP it created 2 columns, v_categories_name_1 and v_categories_name_2

1 had Inkjet in and 2 had Advent in, I deleted the 2 column and changed 1 from Inkjet to Inkjet^Advent, re imported the CSV and it worked a treat.

Many thanks once again buddy, it is much appreciated..
    As discussed in one of the other threads, EP4 uses that number to correspond to a language. Yes, it's a little bit of a puzzle and I've been wanting to change the number to a language, but there were other more important fixes to apply over time. At any rate, if you go multi-language, then you can use EP4 to populate the associated language fields using the applicable v_FIELD_LANGUAGEID. Where FIELD might be something like products_description, category, etc... LANGUAGEID would be the number next to the language that you see on the right side of the EP4 tools screen.