Thread: Westminster New

Page 5 of 187 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Westminster New

Quote Originally Posted by picaflor-azul View Post
    I just found a few mistakes in the installer file. Try fixing these to see if it fixes the problem. In YOUR_ADMIN/includes/installers/westminster_new/1.0.php change line 237 to:

Code:
    ('Home Page Slideshow', 'WES_SLIDER_STATUS', 'true', 'Activate Home Page Slideshow', " . $configuration_group_id . ", 1, NOW(), NOW(), NULL, 'zen_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'),'),
    and line 243 to:

Code:
     ('EZ Pages in Header Menu', 'SHOW_EZ_PAGES_MENU', 'true', 'Shows the menu option for EZ pages/important links in the header menu', " . $configuration_group_id . ", 3, NOW(), NOW(), NULL, 'zen_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'),');");

Thanks,

Anne
    That fixed the error as per post #24! Thanks Anne.
    Last edited by frank18; 31 May 2014 at 11:00 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by frank18 View Post
    That fixed the error as per post #24! Thanks Anne.
    That's great news ;)

I'll include the fix in an upcoming package update.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

You can add more in includes/languages/english/html_includes/westminster_new/define_main_page.php. If you want them to be editable via the banner manager you will have to create new banner groups.

Thanks,

Anne
    I must be missing a step. I added a banner via banner manager with group name homead4 then added the code below to define_main_page.php but nothing happened.

Code:
    <div class="view view-tenth ad-right">
    <div class="hover">
     <?php
    if (SHOW_BANNERS_GROUP_SETHOMEAD4 != '' && $banner = zen_banner_exists('dynamic', SHOW_BANNERS_GROUP_SETHOMEAD4)) 
        {
        if ($banner->RecordCount() > 0) 
            {
               echo zen_display_banner('static', $banner) . '</div><div class="mask"><h2>' . $banner->fields['banners_title'] . '</h2><a href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_REDIRECT, 'action=banner&goto=' . $banner->fields['banners_id']) . '" class="info">' . SHOP_NOW . '</a>';
            }
        }?> 
                        </div>
                    </div>]
    If I add the below code it duplicates the homead3 banner so I think I may not be adding the banner group correctly.

Code:
    <div class="hover">
     <?php
    if (SHOW_BANNERS_GROUP_SETHOMEAD3 != '' && $banner = zen_banner_exists('dynamic', SHOW_BANNERS_GROUP_SETHOMEAD3)) 
        {
            {
               echo zen_display_banner('static', $banner) . '</div><div class="mask"><h2>' . $banner->fields['banners_title'] . '</h2><a href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_REDIRECT, 'action=banner&goto=' . $banner->fields['banners_id']) . '" class="info">' . SHOP_NOW . '</a>';
            }
        }?> 
                        </div>
                    </div>
    Justin Kumpe

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jakumpe View Post
    I must be missing a step. I added a banner via banner manager with group name homead4 then added the code below to define_main_page.php but nothing happened.

Code:
    <div class="hover">
     <?php
    if (SHOW_BANNERS_GROUP_SETHOMEAD4 != '' && $banner = zen_banner_exists('dynamic', SHOW_BANNERS_GROUP_SETHOMEAD4)) 
        {
            {
            }
        }?> 
                        </div>
                    </div>]
    If I add the below code it duplicates the homead3 banner so I think I may not be adding the banner group correctly.

Code:
    <div class="hover">
     <?php
    if (SHOW_BANNERS_GROUP_SETHOMEAD3 != '' && $banner = zen_banner_exists('dynamic', SHOW_BANNERS_GROUP_SETHOMEAD3)) 
        {
            {
            }
        }?> 
                        </div>
                    </div>
    You will need to add the new constant into the database configuration table. If you find the row for any of the other banner groups used in the template you can just duplicate it and add your changes.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Hi Anne,

There appears to be a problem with the caption of the flexslider when the screen is extended to a width higher than 1038px. As soon as I extend the screen further than 1038px the caption and the underlying transparent bar goes offline with the images, iow the bar is shifting to the left leaving a small space between the right hand border of the images and extending over the left hand side of the images into the white space.

In the stylesheet_flex.css this code appears to be the culprit:

Code:
    @media screen and (max-width: 1238px) {   /*was 1038*/
    .banner {left: 0;right: 15px;margin-left: 0;}
    .banner p {font-size: 22px;text-indent: 15px}
    .flexslider .slides img {min-height: 0}
    }
    In the above I extended max-width from 1038px to 1238px, just to prove a point. Now, the bar goes off center and shifts to the left when the screen is extended over 1238px.

Is there any reason why this max-width can't be increased to say 1600px, just to accommodate wider displays? Or even better - set max-width to 'unlimited' as some displays work on a width of 1900.

Alternatively limit the body of the site to 1900 or whatever??

It happens in both Chrome and Firefox (latest versions on a Linux Mint box)

Cheers / Frank
    Last edited by frank18; 3 Jun 2014 at 08:37 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Anne,

There appears to be a problem with the caption of the flexslider when the screen is extended to a width higher than 1038px. As soon as I extend the screen further than 1038px the caption and the underlying transparent bar goes offline with the images, iow the bar is shifting to the left leaving a small space between the right hand border of the images and extending over the left hand side of the images into the white space.

In the stylesheet_flex.css this code appears to be the culprit:

Code:
    @media screen and (max-width: 1238px) {   /*was 1038*/
    .banner {left: 0;right: 15px;margin-left: 0;}
    .banner p {font-size: 22px;text-indent: 15px}
    .flexslider .slides img {min-height: 0}
    }
    In the above I extended max-width from 1038px to 1238px, just to prove a point. Now, the bar goes off center and shifts to the left when the screen is extended over 1238px.

Is there any reason why this max-width can't be increased to say 1600px, just to accommodate wider displays? Or even better - set max-width to 'unlimited' as some displays work on a width of 1900.

Alternatively limit the body of the site to 1900 or whatever??

It happens in both Chrome and Firefox (latest versions on a Linux Mint box)

Cheers / Frank

I am sorry, but I am confused ;) The width of the main container is 1230px on the desktop. The slider is a fixed percentage width inside of this container. Are you trying to make the template a full width?

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

In which file can I adjust the footer text that includes "Powered by..."? It has been some time since I updated to a new template, forget where this content is located!

Also, how can I remove the side slide-outs? They seem to freeze on an Android phone.

Thanks!!

Plugin Contributions

I am sorry, but I am confused ;) The width of the main container is 1230px on the desktop. The slider is a fixed percentage width inside of this container. Are you trying to make the template a full width?

Thanks,

Anne
    I think what frank18 is referring to is the position of the sliders' black semi-transparent bar, which seems to move out of position between width 1038px and 1230px, as is hopefully shown in the before, during and after images, below

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg 
Views:	238 
Size:	56.0 KB 
ID:	14123

Name:	Untitled-2.jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	58.3 KB 
ID:	14124

Name:	Untitled-3.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	51.8 KB 
ID:	14125

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by simon1066 View Post
    I think what frank18 is referring to is the position of the sliders' black semi-transparent bar, which seems to move out of position between width 1038px and 1230px, as is hopefully shown in the before, during and after images, below

Name:	Untitled-2.jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	58.3 KB 
ID:	14124
    Pretty much like that but not so drastic. Even after the next image has loaded the semi-transparent bar still remains off center (moved to the left).

I am just puzzled why the semi-transparent bar shifts to the left in both of my browsers (Chrome and FF) when the width of the browser window is extended above the set max-width in the stylesheet_flex.css

This off-center move does not seem to appear on Anne's demo site.

I should add that I have not made any changes to any of the stylesheets other than color changes.

The width of the main container still is unchanged at 1230px on the desktop.

As it stands I will leave the max-width in the stylesheet_flex.css at 1238px and see how the site displays when I finally upload it to a live server.

Thanks / Frank

Plugin Contributions

Pretty much like that but not so drastic. Even after the next image has loaded the semi-transparent bar still remains off center (moved to the left).

I am just puzzled why the semi-transparent bar shifts to the left in both of my browsers (Chrome and FF) when the width of the browser window is extended above the set max-width in the stylesheet_flex.css

This off-center move does not seem to appear on Anne's demo site.

I should add that I have not made any changes to any of the stylesheets other than color changes.

The width of the main container still is unchanged at 1230px on the desktop.

As it stands I will leave the max-width in the stylesheet_flex.css at 1238px and see how the site displays when I finally upload it to a live server.

Thanks / Frank
    Ok, I think that I understand now. You are viewing the desktop view and just making your browser window smaller to 1038 - 1234 pixels wide. As far as I know, this width is not really used on any real device. Laptops typically are 1024 pixels wide. If you want to isolate for this width you will need to add a media query for it either to the responsive_default.css file or the stylesheet_flex.css and adjust the positioning of the caption bar.

Thanks,

Anne

Page 5 of 187 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast