Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: recover_cart_sales mod can't customise...

this code looks fine to me....

rather than highlighting, i would enclose the code in code blocks or php blocks, ie

PHP Code:
    define('EMAIL_SEPARATOR''------------------------------------------------------'); 
    define('EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT''Inquiry from 'STORE_NAME ); 
    define('EMAIL_TEXT_SALUTATION''Dear ' ); 
    define('EMAIL_TEXT_NEWCUST_INTRO'"\n\n" 'Thank you for stopping by ' STORE_NAME ' and considering us for your purchase. '); 
    define('EMAIL_TEXT_CURCUST_INTRO'"\n\n" 'We would like to thank you for having shopped at ' STORE_NAME ' in the past. '); 
    define('EMAIL_TEXT_BODY_HEADER''We noticed that during a visit to our store you placed ' 'the following item(s) in your shopping cart, but did not complete ' 'the transaction.' "\n\n" 'Shopping Cart Contents:' "\n\n" ); 
    adding all of the highlighting for this post strikes me as problematic when trying to debug.

how about just posting line 21 exactly as it is in your script?

best.
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    Looks like you added the parentheses around the s to show Since the parentheses are used in PHP code, you will need to "escape" them so the system does not think is is PHP versus just a character.
    Code:
    'We noticed that during a visit to our store you placed ' .
    'the following item\(s\) in your shopping cart, but did not complete ' .
    Similar to what is done with \n
    • i do not think this correct.... as i do not think there is not need to escape a parenthesis within quoted text
    • this is completely different from \n. which is not an escaped character. \n is telling the browser to insert a newline. (no doubt you know this....)
    • i could be wrong on the first point although, i constructed the attached screenshot using non escaped parentheses.

Name:  Screenshot from 2018-11-07 12-27-09.png
Views: 139
Size:  3.9 KB
    author of square Webpay.

Plugin Contributions

Yep! Missed the single quote altogether Been doing that today. May need to get the trifocals adjusted.

comment: the escape (\) is considered an escape
    Escape sequences are started with the escaping character backslash (\) followed by the character which may be an alphanumeric or a special character. If it is an alphanumeric character, it gives special meaning to represent the line breaks \n, carriage return \r and more.
    Last edited by dbltoe; 7 Nov 2018 at 09:38 PM. Reason: added comment

Plugin Contributions

Hi,
    No that is a direct copy from the PHP file I got on the zencart addons download page.
    I changed literally one word on the 'thank you for stopping by', for the test I changed that to 'Thank you for DROPPING by' just so I could see what happened when I change one word to check that I wasnt altering too much. It does the same thing. Gives a blank pace when I go in to send the email.

Thank you
    Amy

Plugin Contributions

amy,
    to address this problem, you really need to accept that something you are doing is causing it to fail.

lets examine:

• code works.
    • change one word.
    • code fails.

what editor are you using to change the word? how are you transferring the changed file? or are you changing the file in place on the web server using a tool on the web server?

your change is causing php to fail, and the file has changed significantly enough to cause it to fail. a log file gets created that tells you exactly where the problem is.

not sure what else to tell you.
    author of square Webpay.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,
    I do accept that, that is why I am here!
    What I am saying is that is a fresh copy of the file that I have taken from my zipped donload. That one hasn't been altered by me. I am using it to show you what I wanted to change so that you can tell me if I am doing it incorrectly.

code works.
    change one word.
    code fails.
    This is what I don't get. I understood that you are only supposed to change the text between ' ' and nothing else. So that is what I did.

what editor are you using to change the word?
    - I use notepad, always have as that is what I was told I could edit the code with by people on this forum about 8 years ago. Never changed this as it has always worked and I have not had an issue.

how are you transferring the changed file? or are you changing the file in place on the web server using a tool on the web server?
    - I use filezilla. I assume that is what you mean by transfering the files.

your change is causing php to fail, and the file has changed significantly enough to cause it to fail. a log file gets created that tells you exactly where the problem is.
    - I have posted the log above.

This is line 21 as it appears in the download...
    define('EMAIL_TEXT_NEWCUST_INTRO', "\n\n" . 'Thank you for stopping by ' . STORE_NAME .

This is what I changed line 21 to...
    define('EMAIL_TEXT_NEWCUST_INTRO', "\n\n" . 'Thank you for dropping by ' . STORE_NAME .

I highlighted orange in the previous message as I was asking if it is correct that you edit between the ' TEXT ' only, and that you can do that.

Thank you
    Amy

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rainbow_pixie_star View Post
    Hi,
    No that is a direct copy from the PHP file I got on the zencart addons download page.
    I changed literally one word on the 'thank you for stopping by', for the test I changed that to 'Thank you for DROPPING by' just so I could see what happened when I change one word to check that I wasnt altering too much. It does the same thing. Gives a blank pace when I go in to send the email.

Thank you
    Amy
    What are you using to edit the file? A plain text editor is highly suggested.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Hi,
    I use windows note pad.
    It is what I was suggested to me years ago. I haven't had problems using that before so I assumed it is ok?

Thanks
    Amy

Plugin Contributions

This is my understanding of this mod and it's use.

GDPR: You cannot send automatic (unsolicited) emails to people if they have not explicitly given you permission to do so, and you have recorded that acceptance.
    Since most people to be targeted by this mod will be new customers, that is highly unlikely.

I will be removing this mod from my shop on the next upgrade/spring-clean/de-lousing as it seems now legally unuseable.
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    Looks like you added the parentheses around the s to show Since the parentheses are used in PHP code, you will need to "escape" them so the system does not think is is PHP versus just a character.
    @dbltoe: This is not correct. The code provided in post #9 parses perfectly.

@rainbow: This block of code is identical to the contents of admin/includes/languages/english//recover_cart_sales.php line 18-30 as provided in the RCS mod. What did you change?
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast