Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Order Confirmation email address?

Hi,
    I would like to get the order confirmation email with the customer's email address in the "From" field insteed of my website's email address. This way I could reply directly to the customer and add the email address to the address book easier.
    Can I do this myself by changing some template, or file, or this question should be on the wish list forum?

Thanks,

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Order Confirmation email address?

At the bottom of your /includes/classes/order.php

you have this around line 971:
    Code:
        // send additional emails
        if (SEND_EXTRA_ORDER_EMAILS_TO != '') {
          $extra_info=email_collect_extra_info('','', $this->customer['firstname'] . ' ' . $this->customer['lastname'], $this->customer['email_address'], $this->customer['telephone']);
          $html_msg['EXTRA_INFO'] = $extra_info['HTML'];
          zen_mail('', SEND_EXTRA_ORDER_EMAILS_TO, SEND_EXTRA_NEW_ORDERS_EMAILS_TO_SUBJECT . ' ' . EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT . EMAIL_ORDER_NUMBER_SUBJECT . $zf_insert_id,
          $email_order . $extra_info['TEXT'], STORE_NAME, EMAIL_FROM, $html_msg, 'checkout_extra');
        }
    change to:
    Code:
          $extra_info=email_collect_extra_info('','', $this->customer['firstname'] . ' ' . $this->customer['lastname'], $this->customer['email_address'], $this->customer['telephone']);
          zen_mail('', SEND_EXTRA_ORDER_EMAILS_TO, SEND_EXTRA_NEW_ORDERS_EMAILS_TO_SUBJECT . ' ' . EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT . EMAIL_ORDER_NUMBER_SUBJECT . $zf_insert_id,
          $email_order . $extra_info['TEXT'], $this->customer['firstname'] . ' ' . $this->customer['lastname'], $this->customer['email_address'], $html_msg, 'checkout_extra');
        }
    NOTE: When changing the "send from" email address like that you may end up with some of it being treated as spam/junk since it may look like it is being relayed. To counter this, you can try setting the Admin switch for "Emails must send from known domain".

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: Order Confirmation email address?

Hello!

Because i'm not know very goog english i write just the cod:
    I modify the functions/functions_email.php on line 157
    PHP Code:
    $email_reply_to_address = ($email_reply_to_address) ? $email_reply_to_address : ($module=='contact_us' || $module=='tell_a_friend' $from_email_address /*EMAIL_FROM*/$from_email_address);

$email_reply_to_name    = ($email_reply_to_name)    ? $email_reply_to_name    : ($module=='contact_us' || $module=='tell_a_friend' $from_email_name    /*STORE_NAME*/$from_email_name); 
    Bye!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    At the bottom of your /includes/classes/order.php

you have this around line 971:
    Code:
          $email_order . $extra_info['TEXT'], STORE_NAME, EMAIL_FROM, $html_msg, 'checkout_extra');
        }
    change to:
    Code:
          $email_order . $extra_info['TEXT'], $this->customer['firstname'] . ' ' . $this->customer['lastname'], $this->customer['email_address'], $html_msg, 'checkout_extra');
        }
    NOTE: When changing the "send from" email address like that you may end up with some of it being treated as spam/junk since it may look like it is being relayed. To counter this, you can try setting the Admin switch for "Emails must send from known domain".
    Sorry for reviving this old conversation - but this solution worked great for me - is it possible to do the same with Copy or Create Account emails as well?

i.e. When the customer creates an account - it sends them an email and when they hit reply then the default address in their "to" field is: [email protected] -

and when I receive the copy of the create account - and hit "reply" i want the customer's address to appear in the "to" field automatically...

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

I am using Zen Cart 1.5 and the lines is not as shown in your Solution

Plugin Contributions

Hello,

I am looking for a place to make a little cosmetic change in confirmation e-mail (1.5.1).
    Now it is coming like this:

Payment Method
    ------------------------------------------------------
    PayPal

-----
    This email address was given to us by you or by one of our customers. If you feel that you have received this email in error, please send an email to [email protected]

I would like to see it like this:

Payment Method
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Credit Cards or PayPal

-----
    This email address was given to us by you or by one of our customers. If you feel that you have received this email in error, please send an email to [email protected]

Just to change "PayPal" to "Credit Cards or PayPal"

By scanning for word "PayPal" there are so many places to look that I am lost.

Your advise will be greatly appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by idtags View Post
    Hello,

I am looking for a place to make a little cosmetic change in confirmation e-mail (1.5.1).
    Now it is coming like this:

I would like to see it like this:

Just to change "PayPal" to "Credit Cards or PayPal"

By scanning for word "PayPal" there are so many places to look that I am lost.

Your advise will be greatly appreciated.

Hey buddy,

I would look in includes/languages/modules/payment/paypal.php

OR includes/languages/YOUR_TEMPLATE/modules/payment/paypal.php

I'm quite sure that's where you'll find it.

If that doesn't work - check Developers Toolkit, and search for "paypal" - without the "" of course.

What you want to pay attention to is any of the paypal.php files that are located in a LANGUAGE folder - Developers Tookit gives you the folder as well.

If you don't come right, let us know - I'll put a bit more effort into my answer when I'm in-front of my development workstation.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for quick Reply.

I am sorry, but on my store there is none of paypal.php with path you suggest.
    I did search for paypal.php in Developers Tookit.

The only I have is /admin/includes/languages/english/paypal.php

Searching for PayPal is too broad for people who are not programmers.
    It gives too many results.

Could it be just a "Title" for Payment method somewhere in Admin Panel?

So if there is any close suggestion, please let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by yaseent View Post
    Hey buddy,

I would look in includes/languages/modules/payment/paypal.php

OR includes/languages/YOUR_TEMPLATE/modules/payment/paypal.php

I'm quite sure that's where you'll find it.

If that doesn't work - check Developers Toolkit, and search for "paypal" - without the "" of course.

What you want to pay attention to is any of the paypal.php files that are located in a LANGUAGE folder - Developers Tookit gives you the folder as well.

If you don't come right, let us know - I'll put a bit more effort into my answer when I'm in-front of my development workstation.

Plugin Contributions

Which "type" of PayPal are you using? PayPal Express Checkout?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    Which "type" of PayPal are you using? PayPal Express Checkout?
    I am using PayPal Payment Standard option.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast