Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Magic SEO URL vs Ultimate SEO URL vs SEO_G

Does anyone have experience with Magic SEO URLs? According to the site it offers similar features to Ultimate SEO URLs but with some improvements.

I also see SEO-G on oscommerce but has anyone made it work for Zencart? I like the idea of having more control over what the exact URL would be.

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Magic SEO URL vs Ultimate SEO URL vs SEO_G

I think the new ultimate seo does give you lots of control over it. But you have to make sure you installed the newest one along with all the patches.
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Plugin Contributions

I actually tried installing it but found it broke the information pages, all_product pages and a few others using the default installation on a freshly installed cart. I used the one in the download section from Dr Byte 2.105 with 1.3.7 specific adjustments. Is there another elsewhere I should have used?

I'd still like others comments on the other mods if anyone knows about them. I like the concepte of SEO-G where one could specify any url since it uses a database table to track them... however support seems to have vanished on the oscommerce forums when I was looking at it, and I don't see a zencart version.

I'd like to have the model# as part of the URL and maybe define a shorter URL rather than using the entire product description... it would also be nice to lose the -p-25 in the product urls.... which I don't think can be done without using extra table(s).

The Magic SEO mod claims to require only 1 line change and doesn't get in the way of upgrades, and supposedly works with all other mods which I think is an issue with the other two SEO URL mods.

Cheers

Plugin Contributions

The newest is 3.0 beta 1 or so. It's in a thread called chemo's ultimate seo url something, a huge thread so you should look at the last page (114 or 115)
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Plugin Contributions

I've read the last 2/3's of all the pages, installed it & added the mods. Products with attributes have the URLs messed up in the shopping cart still and I'm trying to see how to fix it.

But still hoping to find someone with experience with the other mods...

Plugin Contributions

We're using the Magic SEO URLs on three Zen Carts. It works, even with PayPal. The *** a pop is worth it versus the time (days?) spent trying the other mods. Set-up in minutes.

Search engines (google, yahoo) already picking up new seo urls. Had to generate a new google sitemap with new urls.
    Last edited by Kim; 11 Sep 2007 at 12:55 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by SPH View Post
    We're using the Magic SEO URLs on three Zen Carts. It works, even with PayPal. The *** a pop is worth it versus the time (days?) spent trying the other mods. Set-up in minutes.

Search engines (google, yahoo) already picking up new seo urls. Had to generate a new google sitemap with new urls.
    Did you have to pay for each site or can use use the one purchase and change the code to use in different sites? Have you tried the Magic sitemap and if so how did it come out?

How does the code work? Do you insert it into each template or into tpl_main_page or....?

We are seriously considering this and would appreciate any other feedback about it before spending the $$ on it.

We've tried Ultimate SEO URL 3.thelatest but it's conflicting with our very heavily modded site and I've had to disable it out of frustration. I know that I am not alone by any stretch, so I know it's not just something that I've done wrong.

Thanks!

Matt

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lankeeyankee View Post
    Did you have to pay for each site or can use use the one purchase and change the code to use in different sites? Have you tried the Magic sitemap and if so how did it come out?

How does the code work? Do you insert it into each template or into tpl_main_page or....?

We are seriously considering this and would appreciate any other feedback about it before spending the $$ on it.

We've tried Ultimate SEO URL 3.thelatest but it's conflicting with our very heavily modded site and I've had to disable it out of frustration. I know that I am not alone by any stretch, so I know it's not just something that I've done wrong.

Thanks!

Matt
    We are also using magic seo url and you can see it on our site by clicking on the link my signature. Both the Magic SEO URL and the FREE sitemap they provide works flawlessly. There is only one limitation which is pointed out on their site as that (you can only have the category levels with the nicely formatted seo url). If you have deeper category level, the mod still works, it just doesn't rewrite.

Personally, I do not care for the a huge .htaccess file which magic seo url generates but we are on a pretty fast server so we haven't seen degradation as a result of 900+ lines of .htaccess codes.

If and when Magic SEO URL offer feed generators in addition to sitemap things will be complete then. We still use google, msn, ebay and yahoo store feeders which obviously wasn't coded to use the cached magic seo url.

The installation is a breeze, you upload on file to the includes folder, another to cache folder and add one line of code to application_top and you're ready to go.

If you have any specific question, contact them, the support is great and very fast response.

Plugin Contributions

It is likely expected I write here "Magic SEO URL is The Best", but no - I don't like such kind of spam and I also believe that the real (I hope positive) experiences from our customers are more welcomed, so I only write little notes to clarify some things.

Quote Originally Posted by rmowles View Post
    The Magic SEO mod claims to require only 1 line change and doesn't get in the way of upgrades, and supposedly works with all other mods which I think is an issue with the other two SEO URL mods.

Quote Originally Posted by BlessIsaacola View Post
    Personally, I do not care for the a huge .htaccess file which magic seo url generates but we are on a pretty fast server so we haven't seen degradation as a result of 900+ lines of .htaccess codes.
    The number of lines in .htaccess depend on how much "Product types" is used in the store. It can be lowered by removing unused types in administration (you can have only about 200 lines for example).

Plugin Contributions

How/where does one remove the unused product types in admin, like you mention?

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast