Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Category/Manufacturer Switchable Sidebox

Now available for download:

http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...oducts_id=1369

This displays a sidebox which displays both Category and Manufacturer lists under separate tabs. Written using jQuery.
    Andrew

Andrew Moore
    Omnicia Agile Development
    www.omnicia.com

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Category/Manufacturer Switchable Sidebox

Any advance? The code is quite nasty and it is hard to custumized.

Plugin Contributions

Any advance on what? There is no customisation- it will work right out of the zip.
    Andrew

Andrew Moore
    www.omnicia.com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by neboztik View Post
    Any advance? The code is quite nasty and it is hard to custumized.
    Sorry, but that's just RUDE!!!! A person works on something like that very hard, submits it to the community, asking NOTHING in return....................and you b - i - t- c- h about it? Man........either clean up the code to your liking (then YOU could submit a better version) or don't us it!
    Teach them to shop and they will shop today;
    Teach them to Zen and they will OWN a shop tomorrow!

Plugin Contributions

It did take me all of "two to three minutes" to install as I had to change the /custom directories to match my templates and overrides ...

Nice job on the add on ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Get Em Fast View Post
    Sorry, but that's just RUDE!!!! A person works on something like that very hard, submits it to the community, asking NOTHING in return....................and you b - i - t- c- h about it? Man........either clean up the code to your liking (then YOU could submit a better version) or don't us it!
    Don't worry about it- I do give a little latitude to people who English is not their first language. It could be that he didn't mean to say it in that way.
    Andrew

Andrew Moore
    www.omnicia.com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by hem View Post
    Don't worry about it- I do give a little latitude to people who English is not their first language. It could be that he didn't mean to say it in that way.
    Sorry, I didnt want to offend you. I am not naitive speaker so my post could be rude. I dont asked how to install but I wondered if this add is still in developing. As far as I am concerned version of this contrb is kind of alfa. It is very hard to custumized due to code for each webrowser and that it is. I only want to know if there would be some code cleaner version.

Plugin Contributions

Sorry, I didnt want to offend you. I am not naitive speaker so my post could be rude. I dont asked how to install but I wondered if this add is still in developing. As far as I am concerned version of this contrb is kind of alfa. It is very hard to custumized due to code for each webrowser and that it is. I only want to know if there would be some code cleaner version.
    The reason why this version is alpha is because it is the first release "into the wild". However, as there has been no feedback it must either mean no one is using it- or people are using it with no problems. So either way it would indicate that no further work is needed on the code and so it stands.

The code is not customised for different browsers; The same code should work on all- It was tested with Firefox and IE. Usually if it works on both of these (IE being the more picky) then it's good to work on any of the other platforms.
    Andrew

Andrew Moore
    www.omnicia.com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by hem View Post
    The reason why this version is alpha is because it is the first release "into the wild". However, as there has been no feedback it must either mean no one is using it- or people are using it with no problems. So either way it would indicate that no further work is needed on the code and so it stands.

The code is not customised for different browsers; The same code should work on all- It was tested with Firefox and IE. Usually if it works on both of these (IE being the more picky) then it's good to work on any of the other platforms.
    I am noob, sorry, it is very usefull mod, I had just hard time with customization to fit to my site. However I would like to ask if there will be new version of this contribution do you include sucategories to open in sidebox and sessions to remember customer option as well as for faster loading? I dont know what I doing wrong but categories doesnt show on product listing page.

Plugin Contributions

I am noob, sorry, it is very usefull mod, I had just hard time with customization to fit to my site. However I would like to ask if there will be new version of this contribution do you include sucategories to open in sidebox and sessions to remember customer option as well as for faster loading? I dont know what I doing wrong but categories doesnt show on product listing page.
    Do you have a test site I can look at?
    Andrew

Andrew Moore
    www.omnicia.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast