Page 7 of 361 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: EasyPopulate 4.0 Support Thread

Quote Originally Posted by chadderuski View Post
    It may be possible, but I will have to know more about this "variations" thing. If you could point me to the exact area where you add or edit this.
    Also, is it part of a mod you installed and not the default installation?

Thanks!
    If I am not mistaken it was a mod called Stock by Attributes

Plugin Contributions

Hello!
    Sorry to ask if it already has been but upon skimming this thread I couldn't see an answer.
    I put my prices into easy populate with tax, so when I uploaded them into the website they added tax again. Is there a was to make the prices in easy populate the gross price, not the net?

Thanks
    Kerry

Plugin Contributions

Hi,
    Great comments and great Add-On!
    However, I am having difficulty understanding how to upload new categories. I understand the use of "^" as a separator to show the destination category of a product, —once the categories are present— but I'm not sure how to upload the categories initially.
    Which template is used? (I'm assuming it's the 'CategroyMeta-EP2012')
    Do I need to add more "v_categories_names_1, 2, 3, etc? Or do I simply put the string with the "^' separator under the "v_categories_names_1" column and let EP4 do the rest?
    Do I need to assign v_categories_id?

Sorry, for being so thick, but I don;t quite understand from your instructions.

"Categories are handled differently from other versions of EP. You can now import multilingual categories (Like Products Names, descriptions, etc.).
    To achieve this, each v_categories_names_1, v_categories_names_2, etc. correspond to a language installed in your system, and individual category
    names are separated by the Carat "^" symbol. For Example: Bar Supplies^Glass Washers^Brushes"

Different Top categories have different depths of sub-categories.

Thanks

Gordo

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Just discovered this mod. Fantastic effort on creating an improved version for 1.5 but I have a tiny problem. I don’t know if this is specific to me, or if others have had the same issue.

Product Descriptions that are lengthy are not fully uploading.

What I Did:-

1) Installed on EP4 a 1.3.9h site.
    1.1) downloaded CSV of products.
    1.2) checked data and all was goooood, nothing missing.

2) Installed EP4 on a 1.5 site.
    2.1) uploaded said CSV file.
    2.2) checked data and all seemed goooood, but on products that have long descriptions, only the first few words of the description uploaded.

No error messages were returned during upload. No errors in my cache folder.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Nostragordus View Post
    Hi,
    Great comments and great Add-On!
    However, I am having difficulty understanding how to upload new categories. I understand the use of "^" as a separator to show the destination category of a product, —once the categories are present— but I'm not sure how to upload the categories initially.
    Which template is used? (I'm assuming it's the 'CategroyMeta-EP2012')
    Do I need to add more "v_categories_names_1, 2, 3, etc? Or do I simply put the string with the "^' separator under the "v_categories_names_1" column and let EP4 do the rest?
    Do I need to assign v_categories_id?

Sorry, for being so thick, but I don;t quite understand from your instructions.

"Categories are handled differently from other versions of EP. You can now import multilingual categories (Like Products Names, descriptions, etc.).
    To achieve this, each v_categories_names_1, v_categories_names_2, etc. correspond to a language installed in your system, and individual category
    names are separated by the Carat "^" symbol. For Example: Bar Supplies^Glass Washers^Brushes"

Different Top categories have different depths of sub-categories.

Thanks

Gordo
    Hi Gordo.

The CategroyMeta-EP file is not used to create new categories, but to allow you to edit and upload your meta tags for existing categories. I'll have to check, but I thought my documentation was clean on this.

You don't have to create your categories in advance. When you add a new product, you simply define the path that you want it to be in, and EP4 will create that category structure on import.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by caffeitalia View Post
    Hi,

Just discovered this mod. Fantastic effort on creating an improved version for 1.5 but I have a tiny problem. I don’t know if this is specific to me, or if others have had the same issue.

Product Descriptions that are lengthy are not fully uploading.

What I Did:-

1) Installed on EP4 a 1.3.9h site.
    1.1) downloaded CSV of products.
    1.2) checked data and all was goooood, nothing missing.

2) Installed EP4 on a 1.5 site.
    2.1) uploaded said CSV file.
    2.2) checked data and all seemed goooood, but on products that have long descriptions, only the first few words of the description uploaded.

No error messages were returned during upload. No errors in my cache folder.
    Did you install EP4 on the 1.3.9h site?
    Did you re-save the CSV that was exported from the 1.3.9h site after checking it?
    If you edited the CSV (or resaved an open one), did you use OpenOffice to do this? MS Excel is not the best to use for making CSV files.

It sounds like you may have a character in your descriptions that is confusing the script. This can happen if the v_products_descriptions_1 column is not properly delimited when you edit and re-save the CSV file in excel depending in which version of CSV you pick (native/dos/windows). OpenOffice will properly encapsulate all fields when you save your CSV.

If you can post or PM me a few rows of your data file with the problematic data, I'll be able to help better.

You should be able to Export a CSV and turn around and Import the same CSV with no error (you never opened the file).

-chadd

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kezerb View Post
    Hello!
    Sorry to ask if it already has been but upon skimming this thread I couldn't see an answer.
    I put my prices into easy populate with tax, so when I uploaded them into the website they added tax again. Is there a was to make the prices in easy populate the gross price, not the net?

Thanks
    Kerry
    Hi Kerry,

Hmmm. Yes, I never quite understood why EP 1.2.5.4 would allow you to upload price with tax, only to calculate the price without tax before inserting into the database, or why that would be useful. But I left this code in place. I figured this may help in other countries. In the US, better to calculate tax at checkout.

Go to Configuration -> Easy Populate 4 and set "Upload/Download Prices Include Tax" to true. Test that and let me know if that works for you as expected.

Plugin Contributions

Hi, thank you for replying!

I just typed a huge step by step guide to what I did and attached the file you requested. But Zen Cart website timed out on 'posting' the message and it was lost!

so in brief. I used open office, i did not make any changes to the .csv file.

Please find attached the .csv file i use. I have removed all the rows with exception of two products that failed to have their 'descriptions' fully uploaded. Happy to upload publicly so it may benefit the community as there is no sensitive data.

I have also just renamed the file now, to make sure I post the correct file. It was not renamed for the upload to the test 1.5 website.

Plugin Contributions

the .csv file failed to attach.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by caffeitalia View Post
    Please find attached the .csv file i use. I have removed all the rows with exception of two products that failed to have their 'descriptions' fully uploaded. Happy to upload publicly so it may benefit the community as there is no sensitive data.

I have also just renamed the file now, to make sure I post the correct file. It was not renamed for the upload to the test 1.5 website.
    Hi! Thank you for posting the data. This makes trouble shooting much easier for me!

This is what the problem is: Smart Quotes! and you are moving from character set ISO-8859-1 to UTF-8 ...

This is not a perfect fix, but it will get your data into Zencart.

1) IMPORTANT: When you open your file with OO, be sure to select your Character Set "Western Europe (ISO-8859-1)
    2) You will now be able to see your smart quotes around the word "green"
    3) To make life simple, change these smart quotes to plain quotes or add some html formating like <i>green</i> if you want to offset them.
    4) IMPORTANT: When you save, be sure to check "Edit filter Settings" and make sure your character set it UTF-8.

I am not sure how effective OpenOffice is with converting character sets. What I got was not perfect, but would import. Instead, you may want to convert the smart quotes manually.
    Last edited by chadderuski; 23 Jan 2012 at 07:02 PM. Reason: typo

Page 7 of 361 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast