Content-Length: 371
    Connection: close
    Content-Type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
    <html><head>
    <title>403 Forbidden</title>
    </head><body>
    <h1>Forbidden</h1>
    <p>You don't have permission to access /pub/.cybmksklnmtsmhvrop/2009_04-25_IMG_7615_ED.jpg
    on this server.</p>
    <p>Additionally, a 403 Forbidden
    error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.</p>
    </body></html>

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: redirect not working and server says it is zencart problem

You'll need to edit the /pub/.htaccess file to include the .jpg file extension in the list of allowable files:

Code:
    #
    # @copyright Copyright 2003-2011 Zen Cart Development Team
    # @license http://www.zen-cart.com/license/2_0.txt GNU Public License V2.0
    # @version $Id: .htaccess 18695 2011-05-04 05:24:19Z drbyte $
    #

## the following line is needed to allow Download-By-Redirect to work
      Options +FollowSymLinks

#
    # This is used with Apache WebServers
    #
    # The following blocks direct HTTP requests to all filetypes in this directory recursively, except certain approved exceptions
    # It also prevents the ability of any scripts to run. No type of script, be it PHP, PERL or whatever, can normally be executed if ExecCGI is disabled.
    # Will also prevent people from seeing what is in the dir. and any sub-directories
    #
    # For this to work, you must include either 'All' or at least: 'Limit' and 'Indexes' parameters to the AllowOverride configuration in your apache/conf/httpd.conf file.
    # Additionally, if you want the added protection offered by the OPTIONS directive below, you'll need to add 'Options' to the AllowOverride list, if 'All' is not specified. 
    # Example:
    #<Directory "/usr/local/apache/htdocs">
    #  AllowOverride Limit Options Indexes
    #</Directory>
    ###############################

# deny *everything*
    <FilesMatch ".*">
      Order Allow,Deny
      Deny from all
    </FilesMatch>

# but now allow just *certain* necessary files:
    <FilesMatch ".*\.(zip|ZIP|gzip|pdf|PDF|mp3|MP3|swf|SWF|wma|WMA|wmv|WMV|wav|epub|jpg)$">
      Order Allow,Deny
      Allow from all
    </FilesMatch>

<IfModule mod_headers.c>
      <FilesMatch ".*\.(zip|ZIP|gzip|pdf|PDF|mp3|MP3|swf|SWF|wma|WMA|wmv|WMV|wav|epub|jpg)$">
        # tell all downloads to automatically be treated as "save as" instead of launching in an application directly
        # ALERT: ForceType requires Apache2 or later. If using older version of Apache, it will need mod_mime installed. Or just comment out the ForceType line below
        # (to disable, just comment the next 2 lines by adding a '#' at the beginning of each):
        ForceType application/octet-stream
        Header set Content-Disposition attachment
      </FilesMatch>
    </IfModule>

IndexIgnore */*

## NOTE: If you want even greater security to prevent hackers from running scripts in this folder, uncomment the following line (if your hosting company will allow you to use OPTIONS):
    # OPTIONS -Indexes -ExecCGI

Plugin Contributions

Default redirect links not working all a sudden

my page www.michaelhulak.com allows downloads and it uses redirects. the redirect is created and was working fine until recently. the redirect link isn't working. my server says it is because the link is not pointing to the proper location. here is what they explain the problem is.

It seems that the path in your script is set to '/home/www/michaelhulak/download/wallpaper/2009_04_25_IMG_7615_ED.jpg' instead '../../download/wallpaper/2009_04_25_IMG_7615_ED.jpg'. That's why everytime when you are trying to load the link to the image you see this 403 error. You will need to set the path correctly in your script and this should resolve your problem.

I recently had a problem with the page not loading properly and I found the problem.
    the configuration file pointed root as
    '/srv/disk1/817519/www/michaelhulak/');
    I changed it to the following the fix the problem. Now the page loads, but the downloads don't.
    '/home/www/michaelhulak/');

how can i get the download redirects to work again?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: redirect links not working all a sudden

when following the redirect using ftp, i get the following

Status: Starting download of /michaelhulak/pub/.sgsgcffcfhtbxmdkf-1336524540/2012_04-06_IMG_1587_ED.jpg
    Command: CWD /michaelhulak/pub/.sgsgcffcfhtbxmdkf-1336524540
    Response: 250 CWD command successful
    Command: PWD
    Response: 257 "/michaelhulak/pub/.sgsgcffcfhtbxmdkf-1336524540" is the current directory
    Command: TYPE I
    Response: 200 Type set to I
    Command: PASV
    Response: 227 Entering Passive Mode (82,197,130,139,192,240).
    Command: RETR 2012_04-06_IMG_1587_ED.jpg
    Response: 550 2012_04-06_IMG_1587_ED.jpg: No such file or directory
    Error: Critical file transfer error

Plugin Contributions

checking the link shows the following

/home/www/michaelhulak/pub/.gytdbjkrgoiznhpyx-1336524740/2012_04-18_IMG_2083.zip -> /home/www/michaelhulak/download/Flower_Macros/2012 04-18 IMG_2083.zip

and the path of the actual file is correct and it is downloadable by going directly

www.michaelhulak.com/download/Flower_Macros/2012 04-18 IMG_2083.zip

Plugin Contributions

my server would like to help resolve the issue and ask the following

Hello Michael,

Thank you for contacting us.

Would you please provide us with information where we can find your configuration file (for your download) so we can investigate your problem and help you to resolve it.

i advised them i think it is \includes\modules\pages\redirect\header_php.php is this correct?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by MHulak View Post
    checking the link shows the following

/home/www/michaelhulak/pub/.gytdbjkrgoiznhpyx-1336524740/2012_04-18_IMG_2083.zip -> /home/www/michaelhulak/download/Flower_Macros/2012 04-18 IMG_2083.zip

and the path of the actual file is correct and it is downloadable by going directly

www.michaelhulak.com/download/Flower_Macros/2012 04-18 IMG_2083.zip

Download files must NOT contain any space characters. Replace them with underscores.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

when following the redirect using ftp,
    I'm not entirely sure what you mean by this. FTP doesn't know anything about HTTP redirects. In fact FTP doesn't have *any* relationship or connection with the webserver (http) at all. They are entirely different servers with entirely different commands, and entirely different access restrictions.

By default, they don't even have the same 'root' folder. FTP's entry point is generally one level up from the webserver (for admin logins), and in a completely different 'restricted' folder for others.

I'm not sure if knowing this is going to help you in any way, but I know it sure can't hurt :)

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

the spaces dont make a difference.

it was working before with those spaces as well
    anyways, i have Filename: wallpaper/2009_04_25_IMG_7615_ED.jpg as a test

this one still has the issue

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /pub/.qxkznngcnmsyluvsbinl-1336708213/2009_04_25_IMG_7615_ED.jpg on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Plugin Contributions

No matter how I respond to this. I'm sure you will somehow manage to take offence, although none is intended.

the spaces dont make a difference.
    You are *wrong*. Spaces *DO* make a difference.

it was working before with those spaces as well
    I'm not going to argue with you, because if it somehow did work, it *shouldn't* have.

I will point you to a couple of references that I beleive you will get some great benefit from though.
    Firstly, from the ZenCart FAQ file:

https://www.zen-cart.com/content.php...s-downloadable which states
    "Download filenames should not use special characters, spaces, etc"

Next I will refer you to RFC 1738: (The stuff that the 'internet' is 'built' upon), which defines what the 'special characters' are, and how they should be dealt with.
    You may or may not recognise the name of the author, but if you wish to have an arguement about this I suggest you take it up with him :)

--- extract from RFC 1738 -----
    Network Working Group T. Berners-Lee Request for Comments: 1738 CERN

URLs are written only with the graphic printable characters of the US-ASCII coded character set. The octets 80-FF hexadecimal are not used in US-ASCII, and the octets 00-1F and 7F hexadecimal represent control characters; these must be encoded. Unsafe: Characters can be unsafe for a number of reasons. The space character is unsafe because significant spaces may disappear and insignificant spaces may be introduced when URLs are transcribed or typeset or subjected to the treatment of word-processing programs. The characters "<" and ">" are unsafe because they are used as the delimiters around URLs in free text; the quote mark (""") is used to delimit URLs in some systems. The character "#" is unsafe and should always be encoded because it is used in World Wide Web and in other systems to delimit a URL from a fragment/anchor identifier that might follow it. The character "%" is unsafe because it is used for encodings of other characters. Other characters are unsafe because gateways and other transport agents are known to sometimes modify such characters. These characters are "{", "}", "|", "\", "^", "~", "[", "]", and "`". All unsafe characters must always be encoded within a URL. For example, the character "#" must be encoded within URLs even in systems that do not normally deal with fragment or anchor identifiers, so that if the URL is copied into another system that does use them, it will not be necessary to change the URL encoding.
    ------------------------------------------------------------

anyways, i have Filename: /wallpaper/2009_04_25_IMG_7615_ED.jpg as a test
    this one still has the issue
    I'm not trying to be difficult, but did you *REALLY* enter "/wallpaper/" as a
    part of the *filename* ? Or was this simply a bad example.

As well as the space characters being illegal, the filename entered for
    downloads should *not* contain a file path, as this would *also*
    cause an error. In other words, you could have two *different* problems, either one of which will
    produce the same error message.

Do you have *ANY* downloads that *DO* work? (I've tried several of your freebies, all give the same error).

When I went to test your downloads, I did so *assuming* that *only* "this one still has the issue".
    I didn't expect to find they *all* have an issue.

I'm sorry if I appear to be pedantic, but computers are *far* more pedantic than I could ever be, and we
    both tend to take whatever people type on their keyboard literally. As such, I tend to make the
    same 'mistakes' as a computer will <g>. The difference is, unlike a computer, instead of simply producing an
    error message I try to figure out what was actually meant. To do this I often need to ask some
    pretty 'stupid' questions.

Anyway, before going further could I please ask you to create just *one* download item *without* spaces,
    and *without* a possible "/wallpaper/" as a part of the filename. Whether it has worked ok with these before
    or not is of no consequence. I'm not asking/expecting you to update all of them, just one.
    The idea is to start out with things that we know *will* work, rather than what could work,
    or what has worked in the past. If you still get permissions problems we can investigate further, but
    without this groundwork we could just be going around and around in circles.

Cheers
    Rod

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast