Plugin Contributions

Default date problems inserting amazonpayments orders into database

Hi all,

I am creating the order using the order classes available in zencart. when creating the order, i used to pass 'now()' for date_purchase field in $order->info so that purchase date is updated.

but it seems that it is not working or it is throwing a date 11/30/1999 00:00:00

what is the best way to pass the date? should i just pass the gmdate() string?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: creating a order using zencart order functions

now() is correct and uses the database server's date/time. If it's not storing correctly, then you've got something amuck with your database. If it's not displaying correctly, then you've likely got something amuck with your date formats.

You shouldn't have to duplicate a whole lot of code to create orders. Best to simply invoke the built-in orders class and use its methods to do the real work. Any other duplication of code that you do will just make more work for you to maintain and great headaches for the merchants using your code.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    now() is correct and uses the database server's date/time. If it's not storing correctly, then you've got something amuck with your database. If it's not displaying correctly, then you've likely got something amuck with your date formats.

You shouldn't have to duplicate a whole lot of code to create orders. Best to simply invoke the built-in orders class and use its methods to do the real work. Any other duplication of code that you do will just make more work for you to maintain and great headaches for the merchants using your code.
    somehow that now() isnt working. i parsed the date from the order report from amazon which has some thing like
    Code:
    <OrderDate>2009-11-26T12:48:18.000Z</OrderDate>
    but there will be a timezone issue. the above date is PDT.

In zencart, how can i find the timezone that the site uses for all orders and convert the time reported to the site's time zone so that all orders from Amazon are consistent with orders from other payment gateways.

- Bala

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

"2009-11-26T12:48:18.000Z" is not in "YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS" format which MySQL uses. If you're sending the date as 2009-11-26T12:48:18.000Z then I'm not surprised that it's converting it to something else.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by AmazonPayments View Post
    In zencart, how can i find the timezone that the site uses for all orders and convert the time reported to the site's time zone so that all orders from Amazon are consistent with orders from other payment gateways.
    Zen Cart v1.x does nothing special with timezones. It simply relies on the date/time of the server on which it is running.

Plugin Contributions

"2009-11-26T12:48:18.000Z" is not in "YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS" format which MySQL uses. If you're sending the date as 2009-11-26T12:48:18.000Z then I'm not surprised that it's converting it to something else.
    I parse the date and send it in a mysql supported format as you suggested. it works after sending it in that way.

my concern is the time. I send the date time as 2009-11-26 12:48:18 which is from the order report. That time is a PDT one. what if a merchant hosted his store in which PDT is default?

In that case, i have to convert them to the desired timezone where the store is located. any idea on how to do it?

- Bala

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Write something in one of the files you've got on the store's server, asking it what the time is. Calculate the difference from yours, and send the results accordingly.

Plugin Contributions

Write something in one of the files you've got on the store's server, asking it what the time is. Calculate the difference from yours, and send the results accordingly.
    Thank you DrByte. i will try to fix it.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Your posts containing fixes have been moved to their own thread: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...552#post927552