Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Could not verify the Admin Credentials you provided - upgrading 1.3.9 to 1.5.5e

OK.. I have a strange issue.

Upgrading a customers site. 1.3.9 to 1.5.5e
    Backed up everything.
    Doing the upgrade on the site, all is ok until I get to the database upgrade portion.

I get the following message:
    There are some problems

Could not verify the Admin Credentials you provided.

To authorize the database upgrade, you must enter an admin username and password with SuperUser (ie: unrestricted) permissions in your store.
    This will be the username and password you use to log in to the Admin area of your store.
    (It is NOT your FTP password, and is not your hosting control panel password. Nobody knows this password except you or your storeowner. You can not get it from your hosting company.)
    If you are locked out of your store and do not know any valid admin passwords and cannot log in to your store Admin page, then you can do an aggressive reset of the password by following the instructions in this article: http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...admin-password.
    I know the password, but it doesnt work.
    I went to the above URL, did the fix it suggested, doesnt work. (I went to phpmyadmin and did the admin pass change)
    I cant log into the Admin panel because I get the error:
    database upgrade required. please run the 1.3.9-to-1.5.0 upgrade via zc_install
    I have checked and rechecked everything. The configure.php file is good and has all the table prefixes, etc.
    What am I missing?

Thanks!
    Mark

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Could not verify the Admin Credentials you provided - upgrading 1.3.9 to 1.5.5e

What was the specific sql statement executed on the old database that has been imported to the new store.

Also may want to look at the admin_profile table and verify that there is a profile that has an id of 1.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Could not verify the Admin Credentials you provided - upgrading 1.3.9 to 1.5.5e

I did this one below. It ran successfully... (had to change for my prefix)
    http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...admin-password
    I have also manually updated the value for the password into the database.
    Level is 1

DELETE FROM admin WHERE admin_name = 'Admin'; INSERT INTO admin (admin_name, admin_email, admin_pass, admin_level) VALUES ('Admin', 'admin@localhost', '351683ea4e19efe34874b501fdbf9792:9b', 1);
    Mark
    Store: www.texasdirectsales.com
    Main Website: www.texasemt.com

Plugin Contributions

And then when entering it in zc_install, ensured that username was Cap and password was not?

Plugin Contributions

To be sure also, when reporting Level is 1 you were referring to information in the admin_profile table, not what was in the admin table (prefix of course also applicable).
    And that the DB_PREFIX in the store's includes/configure.php aligns with the prefixed table in phpmyadmin?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    And then when entering it in zc_install, ensured that username was Cap and password was not?
    correct
    To be sure also, when reporting Level is 1 you were referring to information in the admin_profile table, not what was in the admin table (prefix of course also applicable).
    And that the DB_PREFIX in the store's includes/configure.php aligns with the prefixed table in phpmyadmin?
    Correct... but there is no admin_profile table in 1.3.9 it seems
    Here is the table admin
    Name:  Untitled-1.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  15.5 KB
    Mark

Plugin Contributions

I do see there is an admin_profile in 1.5.5e though..
    Should there be one in 1.3.9?
    Mark

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by texasemt View Post
    I do see there is an admin_profile in 1.5.5e though..
    Should there be one in 1.3.9?
    No. That was added in v1.5.0. And would get auto-added to your database as part of the zc_install upgrade steps, when you provide a working Admin password that matches the admin user in the database.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

That is my problem though... I cannot get the upgrade to go because the login doesnt work.
    I am using Admin/admin
    Mark

Plugin Contributions

What plugins were installed on the ZC 1.3.9 site? Is it possible that the installer considers that the database is 1.5.x as a result of some other alteration?

Just looked through a default install of 1.3.9 and confirm what has already been identified by both of you above. That is a little different than what I have come across when having that issue. Usually when I am unable to upgrade a 1.3.x site, they have already installed a ZC multi-admin profile plugin which included the admin_profile table.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast