Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Computer System Configurator

$6,000!?

How about you talk to your boss =)

Kim, are there any plans for Zen to implement a solution like this?

Plugin Contributions

BUMP BUMP

Plugin Contributions

Munchkin, I already answered you, NO its not compatible

please DONT bump post
    Zen cart PCI compliant Hosting

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Merlinpa1969 View Post
    Munchkin, I already answered you, NO its not compatible

please DONT bump post
    I wasn't bumping because of that code - seems like there's a lot of interest in a configurator solution and I figured someone here would come up with an answer sooner or later - hence the bump

Plugin Contributions

I second the bump, if Zen cart would offer a full featured PC configurator solution I would buy in a heart beat!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by justinanderson007 View Post
    I have created a pc configurator for our website... it is written in php/Mysql. It is not integrated with zencart (yet ) but if you are interested, here is a link to it. http://powerpcbuilder.com
    Absolute gem of a script dude well done.

Quote Originally Posted by justinanderson007 View Post
    I cannot really share the code for this, as I wrote the application over a 2 month period for my employer (a computer manufacturer). And they don't want to give it away.

However, we have discussed offering the script for sale.

In your opinion, what would you think a script like this is worth?

My boss obviously thought it was worth over $6000, because that's what he paid to have it written.
    We am considering a zencart contribution/module for our new online store which is in development, I would be happy to release the code to the community once it is completed no problems, time scale unknown sorry, however our site is in the final stages, and we have requested quotes on freelancer sites.

Love zencart well done people.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by easypcs View Post
    Absolute gem of a script dude well done.

We am considering a zencart contribution/module for our new online store which is in development, I would be happy to release the code to the community once it is completed no problems, time scale unknown sorry, however our site is in the final stages, and we have requested quotes on freelancer sites.

Love zencart well done people.
    please god release it soon - I can't use zencart without this feature

Plugin Contributions

Dear all,

I was working on this idea, and with a little help we can have a pc configurator.

HERE's MY DEDICATED THREAD FOR THIS TOPIC:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70184

I made a copy of product_listing.php from includes/modules and named it pc_configurator.php

Then, in the tpl_modules_product_listing.php, I made some changes so if the category I created and I want to use as configurator is showing, then we load the new file from modules -> pc_configurator.php instead of product_listing.php

I also added some new classes in the stylesheet.css to use for this purpose and some new...... SEE BELLOW SOME STEPS I MADE AND IF SOMEONE THINKS HE CAN HELP.....LETS TRY IT.

You can see what the diference is, comparing to other categories of my web site:

Compare this category with any other to see the difference:

http://www.lebrand.gr/eshop/index.ph...&cPath=116_137

Well, if I name this category PC CONFIGURATOR, and the add products with general names , to be the items, like CASE, HDD, VGA, FDD, DVD-RW DRIVE, MOTHERBOARD etc, then I can add ATTRIBUTES to all these parts with specific brands and charachteristics and prices, so then I have my configurator done.

The only thing remaining, is to show the cart on this page and prices change dinamically when I choose diferent attributes. Then I use the button "Add Selected Products to Cart" . THE GOOD THING IS THAT :

CUSTOMER CAN DELETE A SPECIFIC PART, AFTER HE HAS ADDED IT IN THE CART AND GO BACK TO CONFIGURATOR TO SELECT ANOTHER.

WE CAN EASILY MAKE A PRODUCT WITH MANY-MANY ATTRIBUTES LIKE THIS:

http://www.lebrand.gr/eshop/index.ph...products_id=26

TO USE IT AS A PC CONFIGURATOR BUT CUSTOMER COULD NOT DELETE A SPECIFIC PART. HE SHOULD DELETE THE PRODUCT AND BUILD IT FROM THE START !!!

THE NEW WAY IT IS EASIER !!! LETS MAKE A TEAM TO HAVE IT DONE !!!
    Code:
    define('FILENAME_PC_CONFIGURATOR', 'pc_configurator.php');
    Code:
    ALTER TABLE `products` ADD COLUMN `pc_configurator_sort_order` int(3) NOT NULL default '0' AFTER `metatags_title_tagline_status`;

ALTER TABLE `products` ADD COLUMN `pc_configurator_cpu_type` int(1) NOT NULL default '0' AFTER `pc_configurator_sort_order`;

ALTER TABLE `products` ADD COLUMN `pc_configurator_part_name` varchar(64) NOT NULL default '' AFTER `pc_configurator_cpu_type`;

ALTER TABLE `products` ADD COLUMN `pc_configurator_compatibility` int(1) NOT NULL default '0' AFTER `pc_configurator_part_name`;

ALTER TABLE `categories` ADD COLUMN `pc_configurator` int(1) NOT NULL default '0' AFTER `categories_status`;
    Code:
    INSERT INTO `configuration` VALUES ('',  
    'Activate PC Configurator / 1=on 0=off', 
    'PRODUCT_LIST_CONFIGURATOR', 
    '1', 
    'Set this to 1 if you are going to use PC Configurator. This will cause attributes to show on Product Listing<br /> PRODUCT_LIST_CONFIGURATOR', 
    8, 20, now(), now(), NULL, NULL);

Code:
    'Display Category/Manufacturer Filter on PC Configurator / 1=on 0=off', 
    'PRODUCT_LIST_FILTER_CONFIGURATOR', 
    '1', 
    'Do you want to display the Category/Manufacturer Filter?<br /> PRODUCT_LIST_FILTER_CONFIGURATOR', 
    8, 21, now(), now(), NULL, 
    "zen_cfg_select_option(array('0', '1'),");

Code:
    'Display Product Description PC Configurator / Set chars', 
    'PRODUCT_LIST_DESCRIPTION_CONFIGURATOR', 
    '1', 
    'Set the maximum charachters to display for product description on PC Configurator.<br /> PRODUCT_LIST_DESCRIPTION_CONFIGURATOR', 
    8, 22, now(), now(), NULL, NULL);

Code:
    PC CONFIGURATOR
    catalog/inculdes/modules/pc_configurator.php

<?php

require(DIR_WS_MODULES . zen_get_module_directory(FILENAME_ATTRIBUTES));
    require(DIR_WS_MODULES . zen_get_module_directory('require_languages.php'));

?>

<?php

if (!defined('IS_ADMIN_FLAG')) {
      die('Illegal Access');
    }
    $show_submit = zen_run_normal();
    $listing_split = new splitPageResults($listing_sql, MAX_DISPLAY_PRODUCTS_LISTING, 'p.products_id', 'page');
    $how_many = 0;

// needs a better check v1.3.1
    if (PRODUCT_LISTING_MULTIPLE_ADD_TO_CART != 0 and $show_submit == true and $listing_split->number_of_rows > 0) {
      // bof: multiple products

//  $chk_attributes = $db->Execute($listing_sql);
      $chk_attributes = $db->Execute($listing_split->sql_query);
      while (!$chk_attributes->EOF) {
        if ($chk_attributes->fields['product_is_call'] == 0) {
          if (zen_get_products_allow_add_to_cart($chk_attributes->fields['products_id']) !='N') {
              if (zen_has_product_attributes($chk_attributes->fields['products_id']) < 1 and $chk_attributes->fields['products_type'] != 3) {
                $how_many++;
              }
          }
        }
        $chk_attributes->MoveNext();
      }
      if ($how_many >= 1) {
        echo zen_draw_form('multiple_products_cart_quantity', zen_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, zen_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=multiple_products_add_product'), 'post', 'enctype="multipart/form-data"');
      }
    }

$list_box_contents[0] = array('params' => 'class="productConfigurator-rowheading"');

$zc_col_count_description = 0;
    for ($col=0, $n=sizeof($column_list); $col<$n; $col++) {
      switch ($column_list[$col]) {
        case 'PRODUCT_LIST_MODEL':
        $lc_text = TABLE_HEADING_MODEL;
        $lc_align = '';
        $zc_col_count_description++;
        break;
        case 'PRODUCT_LIST_NAME':
        $lc_text = TABLE_HEADING_PRODUCTS;
        $lc_align = '';
        break;
        case 'PRODUCT_LIST_MANUFACTURER':
        $lc_text = TABLE_HEADING_MANUFACTURER;
        $lc_align = '';
        break;
        case 'PRODUCT_LIST_PRICE':
        $lc_text = TABLE_HEADING_PRICE;
        $lc_align = 'right' . (PRODUCTS_LIST_PRICE_WIDTH > 0 ? '" width="' . PRODUCTS_LIST_PRICE_WIDTH : '');
        break;
        case 'PRODUCT_LIST_QUANTITY':
        $lc_text = TABLE_HEADING_QUANTITY;
        $lc_align = 'right';
        break;
        case 'PRODUCT_LIST_WEIGHT':
        $lc_text = TABLE_HEADING_WEIGHT;
        $lc_align = 'right';
        break;
        case 'PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE':
        $lc_text = TABLE_HEADING_IMAGE;
        $lc_align = 'center';
        break;
      }

if ( ($column_list[$col] != 'PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE') ) {
        $lc_text = zen_create_sort_heading($_GET['sort'], $col+1, $lc_text);
      }

$list_box_contents[0][$col] = array(

'align'  => $lc_align,
                                          'params' => 'class="productConfigurator-heading"',
                                          'text'   => $lc_text 

);
    }

if ($listing_split->number_of_rows > 0) {
      $rows = 0;
      $listing = $db->Execute($listing_split->sql_query);
      $extra_row = 0;
      while (!$listing->EOF) {
        $rows++;

if ((($rows-$extra_row)/2) == floor(($rows-$extra_row)/2)) {
          $list_box_contents[$rows] = array('params' => 'class="productConfigurator-even"');
        } else {
          $list_box_contents[$rows] = array('params' => 'class="productConfigurator-odd"');
        }

$cur_row = sizeof($list_box_contents) - 1;

for ($col=0, $n=sizeof($column_list); $col<$n; $col++) {
          $lc_align = '';

switch ($column_list[$col]) {
            case 'PRODUCT_LIST_MODEL':
            $lc_align = '';
            $lc_text = $listing->fields['products_model'];
            break;
            case 'PRODUCT_LIST_NAME':
            $lc_align = '';
            if (isset($_GET['manufacturers_id'])) {
              $lc_text = '<h3 class="itemTitle"><a href="' . zen_href_link(zen_get_info_page($listing->fields['products_id']), 'manufacturers_id=' . $_GET['manufacturers_id'] . '&products_id=' . $listing->fields['products_id']) . '">' . $listing->fields['products_name'] . '</a></h3><div class="listingDescription">' . zen_trunc_string(zen_clean_html(stripslashes(zen_get_products_description($listing->fields['products_id'], $_SESSION['languages_id']))), PRODUCT_LIST_DESCRIPTION_CONFIGURATOR) . '</div>' ;
            } else {
            // HERE BELLOW I TRIED MANY WAYS, BUT I CAN NOT LOAD PRODUCT ATTRIBUTES INSTEAD OF PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
            // I JUST LOAD THE PRODUCT NAME WITHOUT LINK, BECAUSE THE LINK EXISTS ON THE IMAGE
            // WITH THE 3 NEW CONFIGURATION FIELDS ADDED IN THE CONFIGURATION GROUP 8 ( Product Listing ) WE CAN HAVE DIFFERENT
            // AMOUNT OF PRODUCT DESCRIPTION CHARACHTERS ONLY FOR PC CONFIGURATOR OR WE SET TO 0 NOT TO HAVE DESCRIPTION.
            // THIS IS WHAT I TRIED, BECAUSE INSTEAD OF DESCRIPTION I WANTED TO ADD ATTRIBUTES.
            // SO THIS WAY WE CAN HAVE A LIST OF PRODUCTS IN A SPECIFIC CATEGORY THAT THEY ONLY SHOW
            // IF THEY ARE CHARACTERISED TO BE USED FOR PC CONFIGURATOR ( USING THE NEW FIELDS ADDED WHEN ADDING OR EDITING PRODUCT )
            // NEXT STEP IS TO SHOW CART SPECIFICALLY IN THIS CATEGORY, AND PRICES TO CHANGE DINAMICALY
            // WHEN WE CHOOSE DIFERENT ATTRIBUTES VALUES OF A PRODUCT.
            // I KNOW THAT THIS COULD BE DONE IF WE ACT AS A TEAM - DO NOT JUST DOWNLOAD AND GO - TRY TO HELP THIS COMMUNITY
              $lc_text =  '<h4 class="itemTitle">'
                          . $listing->fields['products_name'] .
                          '</h4>'
                          . require($template->get_template_dir('/tpl_modules_attributes.php',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'templates'). '/tpl_modules_attributes.php');
            }
            break;
            case 'PRODUCT_LIST_MANUFACTURER':
            $lc_align = '';
            $lc_text = '<a href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, 'manufacturers_id=' . $listing->fields['manufacturers_id']) . '">' . $listing->fields['manufacturers_name'] . '</a>';
            break;

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_PRICE':
            $lc_price = zen_get_products_display_price($listing->fields['products_id']) . '<br />';
            $lc_align = 'right';
            $lc_text =  $lc_price;

$lc_button = TEXT_PRODUCT_LISTING_MULTIPLE_ADD_TO_CART . "<input type=\"text\" name=\"products_id[" . $listing->fields['products_id'] . "]\" value=\"0\" size=\"4\" />";

$the_button = $lc_button;
            $products_link = '<a href="' . zen_href_link(zen_get_info_page($listing->fields['products_id']), 'products_id=' . $listing->fields['products_id']) . '">' . MORE_INFO_TEXT . '</a>';
            $lc_text .= '<br />' . zen_get_buy_now_button($listing->fields['products_id'], $the_button, $products_link) . '<br />' . zen_get_products_quantity_min_units_display($listing->fields['products_id']);
            $lc_text .= '<br />' . (zen_get_show_product_switch($listing->fields['products_id'], 'ALWAYS_FREE_SHIPPING_IMAGE_SWITCH') ? (zen_get_product_is_always_free_shipping($listing->fields['products_id']) ? TEXT_PRODUCT_FREE_SHIPPING_ICON . '<br />' : '') : '');

break;
            case 'PRODUCT_LIST_QUANTITY':
            $lc_align = 'right';
            $lc_text = $listing->fields['products_quantity'];
            break;
            case 'PRODUCT_LIST_WEIGHT':
            $lc_align = 'right';
            $lc_text = $listing->fields['products_weight'];
            break;
            case 'PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE':
            $lc_align = 'center';
            if (isset($_GET['manufacturers_id'])) {
              $lc_text = '<a href="' . zen_href_link(zen_get_info_page($listing->fields['products_id']), 'manufacturers_id=' . $_GET['manufacturers_id'] . '&products_id=' . $listing->fields['products_id']) . '">' . zen_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $listing->fields['products_image'], $listing->fields['products_name'], IMAGE_PRODUCT_LISTING_WIDTH, IMAGE_PRODUCT_LISTING_HEIGHT) . '</a>';
            } else {
              $lc_text = '<a href="' . zen_href_link(zen_get_info_page($listing->fields['products_id']), ($cPath ? 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&' : '') . 'products_id=' . $listing->fields['products_id']) . '">' . zen_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $listing->fields['products_image'], $listing->fields['products_name'], IMAGE_PRODUCT_LISTING_WIDTH, IMAGE_PRODUCT_LISTING_HEIGHT) . '</a>';
            }
            break;
          }

$list_box_contents[$rows][$col] = array('align' => $lc_align,
                                                  'params' => 'class="productConfigurator-data"',
                                                  'text'  => $lc_text);
        }

$listing->MoveNext();
      }
      $error_categories = false;
    } else {
      $list_box_contents = array();

$list_box_contents[0] = array('params' => 'class="productConfigurator-odd"');
      $list_box_contents[0][] = array('params' => 'class="productConfigurator-data"',
                                                  'text' => TEXT_NO_PRODUCTS);

$error_categories = true;
    }

if (($how_many > 0 and $show_submit == true and $listing_split->number_of_rows > 0) and (PRODUCT_LISTING_MULTIPLE_ADD_TO_CART == 1 or  PRODUCT_LISTING_MULTIPLE_ADD_TO_CART == 3) ) {
      $show_top_submit_button = true;
    } else {
      $show_top_submit_button = false;
    }
    if (($how_many > 0 and $show_submit == true and $listing_split->number_of_rows > 0) and (PRODUCT_LISTING_MULTIPLE_ADD_TO_CART >= 2) ) {
      $show_bottom_submit_button = true;
    } else {
      $show_bottom_submit_button = false;
    }
    ?>

TPL_MODULES_PRODUCT_LISTING.PHP
    Code:
    <?php

//THE FOLLOWING CAN GO TO A LANGUAGE FILE
       define('PC_CONF_CUSTOMER_TITLE', 'Pc Configurator');

//THE FOLLOWING LINE CHECK TO SEE IF A SPECIFIC CATEGORY IS GOING TO BE USED FOR PC CONFIGURATOR
       //AND THEN LOADS THE FILE pc_configurator.php INSTEAD OF product_listing.php FROM catalog/includes/modules DIRECTORY
       //INSTEAD OF MAKING THIS KIND OF CHECK I AM PREPARING TO ADD SOME NEW COLUMNS IN TABLE PRODUCTS AND CATEGORIES SO I CAN QUERY AND HAVE A DIFERENT CHECK-BETTER
       if ($cPath == '116_137') {
       include(DIR_WS_MODULES . zen_get_module_directory(FILENAME_PC_CONFIGURATOR));
      }else{
    include(DIR_WS_MODULES . zen_get_module_directory(FILENAME_PRODUCT_LISTING));
    }
    ?>
    <div id="productListing">

<?php if ($cPath == '116_137') { ?>
    <h1 id="indexCategoriesHeading"><?php echo PC_CONF_CUSTOMER_TITLE; ?></h1>
    <?php } ?>

<?php
         if ($cPath != '116_137') {
         if ($show_top_submit_button == true) {
    ?>
    <div class="buttonRow forward"><?php echo zen_image_submit(BUTTON_IMAGE_ADD_PRODUCTS_TO_CART, BUTTON_ADD_PRODUCTS_TO_CART_ALT, 'id="submit1" name="submit1"'); ?></div>
    <br class="clearBoth" />
    <?php
        }
    ?>

<?php
    }
    ?>

<?php
         if ( ($listing_split->number_of_rows > 0) && ( (PREV_NEXT_BAR_LOCATION == '1') || (PREV_NEXT_BAR_LOCATION == '3') ) ) {
    ?>
    <div id="productsListingTopNumber" class="navSplitPagesResult back"><?php echo $listing_split->display_count(TEXT_DISPLAY_NUMBER_OF_PRODUCTS); ?></div>
    <div id="productsListingListingTopLinks" class="navSplitPagesLinks forward"><?php echo TEXT_RESULT_PAGE . ' ' . $listing_split->display_links(MAX_DISPLAY_PAGE_LINKS, zen_get_all_get_params(array('page', 'info', 'x', 'y', 'main_page'))); ?></div>
    <br class="clearBoth" />

<?php
    }
    ?>
    <?php
    }
    ?>

<?php
         //FOR NOW  tpl_tabular_configurator.php IS THE SAME WITH  tpl_tabular_display.php
         //BUT HERE WE ALSO CHECK AND LOAD A SPECIFIC TEMPLATE TO USE
         //ALSO THIS KIND OF CHECK COULD BE WITH QUERY USING THE NEW COLUMNS FROM TABLE PRODUCTS AND CATEGORIES
         if ($cPath == '116_137') {
         require($template->get_template_dir('tpl_tabular_configurator.php',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'common'). '/tpl_tabular_configurator.php');
         }else{
         require($template->get_template_dir('tpl_tabular_display.php',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'common'). '/tpl_tabular_display.php');
      }
    ?>

<?php
         if ( ($listing_split->number_of_rows > 0) && ((PREV_NEXT_BAR_LOCATION == '2') || (PREV_NEXT_BAR_LOCATION == '3')) ) {
    ?>
    <div id="productsListingBottomNumber" class="navSplitPagesResult back"><?php echo $listing_split->display_count(TEXT_DISPLAY_NUMBER_OF_PRODUCTS); ?></div>
    <div  id="productsListingListingBottomLinks" class="navSplitPagesLinks forward"><?php echo TEXT_RESULT_PAGE . ' ' . $listing_split->display_links(MAX_DISPLAY_PAGE_LINKS, zen_get_all_get_params(array('page', 'info', 'x', 'y'))); ?></div>
    <br class="clearBoth" />

<?php
      }
    ?>
    <?php
      }
    ?>

<?php
       if($cPath == '116_137') {
       if( $show_bottom_submit_button == true) {

?>

<div class="buttonRow forward"><?php echo zen_image_submit(BUTTON_IMAGE_ADD_PRODUCTS_TO_CART, BUTTON_ADD_PRODUCTS_TO_CART_ALT, 'id="submit2" name="submit1"'); ?></div>
    <br class="clearBoth" />

<?php
        }

?>

</div>

<?php

if ($show_top_submit_button == true or $show_bottom_submit_button == true) {
    ?>
    </form>
    <?php } ?>

HERE's MY DEDICATED THREAD FOR THIS TOPIC:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70184

Plugin Contributions

Plugin Contributions

lebrand2006, Very nice!!!

I take it that you have or will add to your contribution these updates...

As I am certian that many others will find uses for something like this
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast