Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Authorize.net NOT WORKING for me!!

ok I have several websites where I coded the para to work with authorize.net but with my zencart it is not working well.

when I try to buy something it says that the credit card cannot be authorize...

any ideas?

should I use the AIM or SIM method? I put in my id and password and still no go. help please.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Authorize.net NOT WORKING for me!!

Quote Originally Posted by jraccord View Post
    ok I have several websites where I coded the para to work with authorize.net but with my zencart it is not working well.

when I try to buy something it says that the credit card cannot be authorize...

any ideas?

should I use the AIM or SIM method? I put in my id and password and still no go. help please.
    I'm getting the same problems . . .new to Zen Cart - Love it - will donate if I can get this working . .

ck256

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

"I'm having the same problem" is too generic a statement ... esp since the previous poster was quite vague in what their full situation is.

So, let's start from the top.

• What version of Zen Cart are you using?
    • What addons/contributions do you have installed?
    • Who is your hosting company?
    • What is your URL?
    • Which Authorize.net module are you using?
    • What exactly have you done to set it up?
    • What exactly are you doing when the problem occurs?
    • What exactly is the problem you're experiencing? including exact error messages.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    "I'm having the same problem" is too generic a statement ... esp since the previous poster was quite vague in what their full situation is.

So, let's start from the top.

• What version of Zen Cart are you using?
    • What addons/contributions do you have installed?
    • Who is your hosting company?
    • What is your URL?
    • Which Authorize.net module are you using?
    • What exactly have you done to set it up?
    • What exactly are you doing when the problem occurs?
    • What exactly is the problem you're experiencing? including exact error messages.

thanks Dr. Byte - U R right, I think I made my post out of frustration . . apology to the forum.

So we're using the latest current version of Zen Cart - clicking version says our cart appears to be current.

No add-ons/contributions have been installed.

Hosting Zoom is the host.

checkout.fedexkinkosclass.com is the url

We're looking at using authorize.net AIM module - no other modules are installed.

For setup, I put my api login id, generated a new transaction key from authorize, entered that into zen module, and put the md5 hash value (password) in the module as well. have tried different combinations of test/production mode both on site and authorize.net.

Problem occurs on final confirm stage of order (I assume this is when the calls go out to authorize).

The problem error message is as such:
    Warning WARNING: Security hash problem. Please contact store-owner immediately. Your order has *not* been fully authorized.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by corbykissler View Post
    ... and put the md5 hash value (password) in the module as well.

The problem error message is as such:
    WARNING: Security hash problem. Please contact store-owner immediately. Your order has *not* been fully authorized.
    Authorize.net only allows an MD5 passphrase of up to 20 characters.
    Please choose something shorter than 21 characters and put it in your authorize.net profile.
    Then go to your Zen Cart AIM module and enter that same passphrase in the AIM module's settings.

Then your transaction should work fine.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Authorize.net only allows an MD5 passphrase of up to 20 characters.
    Please choose something shorter than 21 characters and put it in your authorize.net profile.
    Then go to your Zen Cart AIM module and enter that same passphrase in the AIM module's settings.

Then your transaction should work fine.
    the one I have chosen is eleven characters, but I will try the suggestion and reduce the number of characters.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If that still doesn't work, turn on debug mode and post the log output here.

Plugin Contributions

I have debug turned on .. not getting emails tho - which I think is strange . .

Also maybe related - I defined my admin email with one address, then went back and changed it, emails are not going to my new email address and the default email address is still the old address.

Where can I find logs on the server for authorize.net?

I looked in the include directory .. nothing there for authorize . .

So here's another interesting thing. . . when I put both systems in production mode . . I got a decline on my card and the hash error.

Merchant recorded the item as a decline . .

Trying again .. . . :)

Plugin Contributions

Same Error - Bad Hash - Guess we'll what turns up on the merchant report on Monday . .

Would still like a look at the logs . .

Plugin Contributions

To use AIM you must have SSL enabled on your server.

Does that mean all over the site, or just in the cart stuff? I used the option to just secure the cart checkout . . .

Will this cause a failure?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast