Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Column Layout Grid v2.x Support

As a result of CSS updates with the product listing and other ZC admin settings you may see the categories listed in a column that does not adhere to the parent display block CSS.

To fix this we can remove the inline php - css styling injection here:

includes/modules/YOUR_TEMPLATE/category_row.php

line 39
    $list_box_contents[$row][$col] = array('params' => 'class="categoryListBoxContents"' . ' ' . 'style="width:' . $col_width . '%;"',

changes to this:
    $list_box_contents[$row][$col] = array('params' => 'class="categoryListBoxContents"' . ' ' ,

Using responsive_classic template.

Note: If your custom template relied on the hard code this may or may not be a 'fix' for you.
    Twitch.
    https://www.twitchtoo.com Do you work for free? Please donate.
    Twitch Base8 - Obsidian - This, is what's new.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by twitchtoo View Post
    As a result of CSS updates with the product listing and other ZC admin settings you may see the categories listed in a column that does not adhere to the parent display block CSS.

To fix this we can remove the inline php - css styling injection here:

includes/modules/YOUR_TEMPLATE/category_row.php

line 39
    $list_box_contents[$row][$col] = array('params' => 'class="categoryListBoxContents"' . ' ' . 'style="width:' . $col_width . '%;"',

changes to this:
    $list_box_contents[$row][$col] = array('params' => 'class="categoryListBoxContents"' . ' ' ,

Using responsive_classic template.

Note: If your custom template relied on the hard code this may or may not be a 'fix' for you.
    I fought this for several days and still got in-line styling no matter what combination of changes I made to anything dealing with categoryListBoxContents. Don't know if your solution above works with strictly categories. Not to that point yet.

However, when the listing is of sub-categories, it just won't work. No matter what you do in category_row.php or product_listing.php, the inline styling still creates a problem. The layout was fine in most portrait scenarios, but the inline height call made landscape into a Salvador Dali-like mess.

What finally worked for me was actually a very simple change. One I found only after backing out of all the changes to css and files.

In the responsive_mobile.css stylesheet, There's a line that deals with center-boxes. You can search for .categoryListBoxContents for the line number in your template's version. Ours is line 45 (should be 39 with unmodified responsive_classic) and ended with
    Code:
    ..., div.categoryListBoxContents {width:48%!important;height:auto;margin:0;padding:10px 0;}
    Changing it to the folllowing fixed the layout problem.
    Code:
    ..., div.categoryListBoxContents {width:48%!important;height:auto!important;margin:0;padding:10px 0;}
    Now, all looks good for mobile and tablet in both portrait and landscape.

HTH

Plugin Contributions

If anyone is having a problem with the sort buttons displaying incorrectly in grid/list - I now have the fix for the Responsive Classic 1.55f template!

Included is a development warning from Redoc:
    includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/templates/tpl_modules_product_listing.php
    PHP Code:
    <?php // bof Column Layout Grid
    /**
     * load the list_box_content template to display the products
     */
    if ($product_listing_layout_style == 'columns') {
      if (
    PRODUCT_LISTING_GRID_SORT) { 

echo 
    "\n" '<div id="' 'gridSorter' 'cat' $cPath 'List' '"' ' class="tabTable"' '>' /*PRODUCT_LISTING_GRID_SORT_TEXT .*/ '';
        echo 
    '<div class="productListing-rowheading">' ;

for (
    $col=0;$col<sizeof($grid_sort);$col++) {
          if (
    $grid_sort[$col]['text'])  echo $grid_sort[$col]['text'] . "\n";
          }
          echo 
    '</div>' "\n";
      }
      require(
    $template->get_template_dir('tpl_columnar_display.php',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE$current_page_base,'common'). '/tpl_columnar_display.php');
    } else {
    // (PRODUCT_LISTING_LAYOUT_STYLE == 'rows')

require($template->get_template_dir('tpl_tabular_display.php',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE$current_page_base,'common'). '/tpl_tabular_display.php');
    }
    // Redoc Note: If you are seeing duplicate sort heading buttons, check admin > configuration > product listing > review sort order of all columns in your list - there can be NO conflicts!
    // eof Column Layout Grid
    ?>
    Redoc Note: If you are seeing duplicate sort heading buttons, check Admin > Configuration > Product Listing > review sort order of all columns in your list - there can be NO conflicts!

This bugfix has been be added to the next release of Twitch Column Grid Layout for Product Listing I'll have it submitted shortly... :)
    Twitch.

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: Column Layout Grid v2.x Support

Little things...
    includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/CSS/stylesheet.css

make this:
    .prod-list-wrap{text-align:center;padding:.8em .6em;clear:both;height:40px;}

look more like this:
    .prod-list-wrap{text-align:center;padding:.8em .6em;clear:both;height:5em;}

Now prev/next page and displaying 1 of ... will have more room, less chance for overlap
    Twitch.

Plugin Contributions

Default Column Layout Grid v2.x Support

Has any one tried this plugin with ZenCart 1.5.6?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jodean View Post
    Has any one tried this plugin with ZenCart 1.5.6?
    Yes, I just installed it on 1.5.6a and it works. A couple of points to consider. Although the steps to edit the files are pretty clear there are a lot of manual replacing/editing. I suggest making backups of each file before editing.

Second, the layout is not easy either. I'm looking for a clean grid of products for a 'Gallery' page and after installing the plugin I have the grid view that I seek. But now I am digging into the templates and the CSS to get just the look and feel.

Perhaps someone in the forum can help? Here is my site. www.paintingbarn.com

If you go to the Gallery page you can see that I'm trying to display a clean page with just thumbnails for each painting/product. The New products page look is what I want for this category. No '...more info' buttons, just clean blocks with the picture and the title.

I'm assuming that I will need to create an 'if' block in the 'product_listing.php' file for this category. In that block I will direct the browser to use the 'tpl_products_new_default.php' for the layout.

Thanks in advance!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by SliderCO View Post
    Yes, I just installed it on 1.5.6a and it works. A couple of points to consider. Although the steps to edit the files are pretty clear there are a lot of manual replacing/editing. I suggest making backups of each file before editing.

Second, the layout is not easy either. I'm looking for a clean grid of products for a 'Gallery' page and after installing the plugin I have the grid view that I seek. But now I am digging into the templates and the CSS to get just the look and feel.

Perhaps someone in the forum can help? Here is my site. www.paintingbarn.com

If you go to the Gallery page you can see that I'm trying to display a clean page with just thumbnails for each painting/product. The New products page look is what I want for this category. No '...more info' buttons, just clean blocks with the picture and the title.

I'm assuming that I will need to create an 'if' block in the 'product_listing.php' file for this category. In that block I will direct the browser to use the 'tpl_products_new_default.php' for the layout.

Thanks in advance!

You're right about the clumsy nature of the display, considering that there are both hard coded switches that can be on or off in admin and potentially hard coded module additions to the product listing... there is work to be done with any template out of the box.

These sites consider changing the CSS, instead of the hard code to accomplish a clean product listing display using column layout grid.

Bluu Gnome Gear
    https://www.bg-gear.com/store/index....=index&cPath=1

Edmonton Grocer
    https://edmontongrocer.com/shop/

Sheldrake Automotive
    http://sheldrakeautomotive.com/shop/...ath=3_117_6_19

German Wholesale Parts
    http://germanwholesaleparts.ca/

Once the product listing is mastered you can review the new products, featured products and so on (preferred) or direct them to use the product listing page (existing features and future upgrades will need to interact correctly with a one page listing output method)

For pointers simply look at the source stylesheet.css and related files available in your web browser. You can copy the stylesheets into your own site and if the settings are similar for each display item - you will see the display cleaned up for a proper gallery
    Twitch.

Plugin Contributions

I'm using Zen Cart 1.5.6a

When I have the Buy it Now button.. works great.. but if I change it to Add to Cart with Multiples.. the Add to Cart button is not adding to the cart. It just acts like it is.

I'm going to keep looking for the error, but any one have this happen?

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by brian70809 View Post
    I'm using Zen Cart 1.5.6a

When I have the Buy it Now button.. works great.. but if I change it to Add to Cart with Multiples.. the Add to Cart button is not adding to the cart. It just acts like it is.

I'm going to keep looking for the error, but any one have this happen?

Thanks!
    I have narrowed it down to HTTPS vs HTTP.. I think there is a syntax error here?

product_listing.php

Code:
    // qty box with add to cart button
                if (PRODUCT_LIST_PRICE_BUY_NOW == '2' && $listing->fields['products_qty_box_status'] != 0) {
                  $lc_button= '<div class="cart-add">' . zen_draw_form('cart_quantity', zen_href_link($_GET['main_page'], zen_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=add_product&products_id=' . $listing->fields['products_id']), 'post', 'enctype="multipart/form-data"') . '<input type="text" name="cart_quantity" value="' . (zen_get_buy_now_qty($listing->fields['products_id'])) . '" maxlength="6" size="4" />' . zen_draw_hidden_field('products_id', $listing->fields['products_id']) . zen_image_submit(BUTTON_IMAGE_IN_CART, BUTTON_IN_CART_ALT) . '</form></div>';
                } else {
                  $lc_button = '<div class="cart-add"><a href="' . zen_href_link($_GET['main_page'], zen_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $listing->fields['products_id']) . '">' . zen_image_button(BUTTON_IMAGE_BUY_NOW, BUTTON_BUY_NOW_ALT, 'class="listingBuyNowButton"') . '</a></div>';
                }

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by brian70809 View Post
    I have narrowed it down to HTTPS vs HTTP.. I think there is a syntax error here?

product_listing.php

Code:
    // qty box with add to cart button
                if (PRODUCT_LIST_PRICE_BUY_NOW == '2' && $listing->fields['products_qty_box_status'] != 0) {
                  $lc_button= '<div class="cart-add">' . zen_draw_form('cart_quantity', zen_href_link($_GET['main_page'], zen_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=add_product&products_id=' . $listing->fields['products_id']), 'post', 'enctype="multipart/form-data"') . '<input type="text" name="cart_quantity" value="' . (zen_get_buy_now_qty($listing->fields['products_id'])) . '" maxlength="6" size="4" />' . zen_draw_hidden_field('products_id', $listing->fields['products_id']) . zen_image_submit(BUTTON_IMAGE_IN_CART, BUTTON_IN_CART_ALT) . '</form></div>';
                } else {
                  $lc_button = '<div class="cart-add"><a href="' . zen_href_link($_GET['main_page'], zen_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $listing->fields['products_id']) . '">' . zen_image_button(BUTTON_IMAGE_BUY_NOW, BUTTON_BUY_NOW_ALT, 'class="listingBuyNowButton"') . '</a></div>';
                }
    Fixed the problem.. HTTPS needed to be set to TRUE and saved properly with config write permissions set to allow.. sorry for the hassle!

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast