Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Twitch Restrict Categories by Customer or Group

I want it to key off of the GROUP_PRICE_PER_ITEM1, etc. not the customers_cat_group. It will allow to retrofit an exist site without managing all the existing clients into a customers_cat_group. I'd just inherit what I already have setup and working.

So really just changing the value to be used to determine restriction parameters. Thanks. I will look at the code I really didn't much beyond knowing that it does what I need using customers_cat_group. I just don't want to deal with fixing up everyones exist account it's too many.

Plugin Contributions

I would have to look a bit more in depth to see what it would take to merge the two. I'll have time in about a week from now to look into it for you if you'd like.
    Twitch.
    https://www.twitchtoo.com Do you work for free? Please donate.
    Twitch Base7 with Wholesale PRO - 88 preinstalled plugins zero errors.

Plugin Contributions

Twitch Restrict Categories by Customer or Group for Zen Cart 1.53 will be released shortly!!

This package is designed solely to work with 1.53, if you are using 1.51 please use Twitch Restrict 14.c - Feb 14.2014 the last complete and stable version for 1.51.
    Twitch.

Plugin Contributions

Before you release the new package for 1.5.3...

Consider making a filter addition for the secondary modules like new products, all products, features and specials.

My past websites weren't using the all products or new products link/sort/filter. Therefore I never needed to apply the restriction filter... until now.

Great module btw, thanks for your efforts! Look for a donation arriving soon ;)

Plugin Contributions

I'll include the filters for the next release. Thanks.
    Twitch.

Plugin Contributions

Looking for a clean install of Zen 1.5.3 and need a means of restricting categories. I like the flexibility I see here, but noticed that it's been over a month ago that you promised a version for 1.5.3. Any approximate date for a release? Thanx,

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by imagixx View Post
    Looking for a clean install of Zen 1.5.3 and need a means of restricting categories. I like the flexibility I see here, but noticed that it's been over a month ago that you promised a version for 1.5.3. Any approximate date for a release? Thanx,
    The package for 1.53 is ready and passed testing, just need to compile it and publish.
    Twitch.

Plugin Contributions

I installed this module on a test site finally today.

I can see the category based restrict field and also on the customer file. Setting those is simple.

Can you clarify the following

1) If I restrict a category it stops showing to those not with access in general and on menus
    2) If I restrict category then those with access should see it (but dont) in their side category menu and in general
    3) If I restrict everything the new and special etc products still show up like normal regardless of access level.

Am I missing something and being totally stupid?

Because... If I restrict everything I still see products in new etc...

If I restrict a category it is not shown in the menu even though client should be able to see it since they are a non-restricted code.

Very confused on why this is not working.

Also the instructions are very very difficult to understand.

I do not understand why sql patches are written in there v being provided as an sql file to install. And I do not understand why dozens of pages of code are in here (I assume to explain what is in your actual files) when they are likely handled by me and others using a winmerge.

And patch c is all written at end v in the files so not sure if that is already in this package or we have to manually do all the changes in area c of instructions.

Sorry concept great but I don't want to learn what you have accomplished here unless I test it and like it.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyV View Post

Can you clarify the following

1) If I restrict a category it stops showing to those not with access in general and on menus
    - Correct

2) If I restrict category then those with access should see it (but dont) in their side category menu and in general
    - Correct only those with access with see it.

3) If I restrict everything the new and special etc products still show up like normal regardless of access level.
    - The new release for 1.53 will have the patch for this bug

Because... If I restrict everything I still see products in new etc...
    - This bug existed because there were no restriction filters in the new and all products code. The original stock Zen Cart had these categories turned off very early in the project.

If I restrict a category it is not shown in the menu even though client should be able to see it since they are a non-restricted code.
    - This is where people get confused. You develop the restriction levels. Therefore, if you were to restrict access to one category, then only the customer with the same restriction number will be able to see it. All of the other categories will be available to everyone assuming they have the default restriction code. If you add the same restriction code to two or more customers each of those customers will see it.

Very confused on why this is not working.

Also the instructions are very very difficult to understand.

I do not understand why sql patches are written in there v being provided as an sql file to install. And I do not understand why dozens of pages of code are in here (I assume to explain what is in your actual files) when they are likely handled by me and others using a winmerge.

And patch c is all written at end v in the files so not sure if that is already in this package or we have to manually do all the changes in area c of instructions.

Sorry concept great but I don't want to learn what you have accomplished here unless I test it and like it.
    - The code is written in a top-to-bottom install set. The additional patches at the bottom were added to the original text to ensure those with the first release could patch their Zen Cart all the way to the most recent patch - at the bottom of the document.
    - The new release for 1.53 will resolve these issues.
    - Also, adding the fileset is not ideal, as many clients are adding this to existing Zen Carts. Step by step instructions with example code to follow along allows the programmer to install these restrictions within the correct cycle or loop within the code. Failure to include the restrictions in the correct location will result in a security breach of course. And, just imagine trying to uninstall this package if you couldn't reverse the steps one by one... Yes we all make backups, but that doesn't mean they always work ;)

So, yes there is a filter missing in the new products and all products list. This is corrected in the new release for 1.53. I am considering adding the fileset to this package on a clean install of 1.51 and 1.53 with all of the patches installed.

I appreciate your patience with the updates.
    Twitch.

Plugin Contributions

It's here... Twitch Restrict now includes Product Level Restrictions by Category/Customer_Cat_Group.

I'm cleaning up the installation instructions, then zip it and release. Check my site or the Zen Plugins for the newest patch!

Applies to:
    Index and Sideboxes
    - New Products
    - Featured Products
    - Specials
    - Upcoming Products

Coded for:
    Zen Cart 1.53

Note: the new patch should be backwards compatible with 1.51, although I haven't tested it, many of the patched files are similar/identical between 1.51 and 1.53.
    Twitch.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast