Plugin Contributions

Default changing sent from email address for customer order confirmations

I have looked everywhere for this but being unable to find any solution as yet. My stores default email address is [email protected]. However, I want the order confirmation email (the one the customer receives) to come from [email protected].

Is there any way to do this, or is it beyond zencarts capability? (I do have the email set up and working with my web host)

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: changing sent from email address for customer order confirmations

ok mangaged to find this on wiki

Email Address (sent FROM)
    (Admin - Catalog)

Address from which email messages will be sent by default. Can be over-ridden at compose time in Admin modules.
    Default: Zen Cart <root@localhost>

now to figure out which files to change...

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron14 View Post
    now to figure out which files to change...
    None. That's an admin setting, under Admin->Configuration->Email Options.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I think you misunderstood me. Under the menu you posted I see options for changing the default email address and the options and configurations for sending copies of emails sent
    I have the following email addresses:
    customerservice@
    sales@
    admin@

etc etc

What I want to achieve is the customer receiving order conformations from sales@ instead of customerservice@ (which is my default)

Plugin Contributions

anyone?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Make a direct edit to one of the core files:
    (Remember, this will break during upgrades, so you will need to do it again and again.)

/includes/classes/order.php
    Code:
        zen_mail($this->customer['firstname'] . ' ' . $this->customer['lastname'], $this->customer['email_address'], EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT . EMAIL_ORDER_NUMBER_SUBJECT . $zf_insert_id, $email_order, STORE_NAME, EMAIL_FROM, $html_msg, 'checkout', $this->attachArray);
    Replace EMAIL_FROM with '[email protected]'

Then test to be sure your webserver actually allows you to do that, since some don't like you sending from multiple addresses unless you've set up your store to use SMTPAUTH mode for sending emails. You will definitely have a problem if you've left it at the default of using 'PHP' mode for sending email.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for responding and pointing me in the right direction, I really appreciate it.

I altered that part of the code but then I get a blank page when I go to checkout on the website. My email settings are php so I'll play around with that tomorrow (getting too late to do that tonight).

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron14 View Post
    I altered that part of the code but then I get a blank page
    That says you created a PHP error in your edits.
    Ref: http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?124-blank-page