Plugin Contributions

Default [Done v2.0.0]Error deleting ALL attribs: Cannot use object of type queryFactoryResult

I received this e-mail after upgrading a client from 1.3.7 to 1.3.8a:

I'm currently inserting some new product in my shop and I realized that I may have done the attributes wrong for one of the items. Before the upgrade I would just click on that item's attributes and hit "delete ALL product attributes for blah blah blah" and then I would simply redo it. Now when I go to delete All attributes I get the following message...

Fatal error: Cannot use object of type queryFactoryResult as array in /home/hersite/public_html/shop/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 2089

I tried searching, but there were so many threads that it was difficult to sort through them all to look for what applies here. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Error deleting ALL attribs: Fatal error: Cannot use object of type queryFactoryRe

a bug!

There's a small error in the function that is used to delete attributes, which only manifests when the product has Download Files attached to it.

To fix it, edit this file:
    /admin/includes/functions/general.php

around line 2082, you'll see the following code.
    Make the following change by adding the ->fields text as shown:
    Code:
    ////
    // Delete all product attributes
      function zen_delete_products_attributes($delete_product_id) {
        global $db;
        // delete associated downloads
        $products_delete_from= $db->Execute("select pa.products_id, pad.products_attributes_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " pa, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_DOWNLOAD . " pad  where pa.products_id='" . $delete_product_id . "' and pad.products_attributes_id= pa.products_attributes_id");
        while (!$products_delete_from->EOF) {
          $db->Execute("delete from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_DOWNLOAD . " where products_attributes_id = '" . $products_delete_from->fields['products_attributes_id'] . "'");
          $products_delete_from->MoveNext();
        }

$db->Execute("delete from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " where products_id = '" . $delete_product_id . "'");
    }

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Error deleting ALL attribs: Fatal error: Cannot use object of type queryFactoryRe

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    a bug!
    this bug is back with PHP5.3 support == http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=140960
    because $products_delete_from->fields['products_attributes_id'] is lost again

same with banner_monthly.php == http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showpo...1&postcount=23
    Last edited by hugo13; 14 Dec 2009 at 10:39 AM.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Yes. The PHP 5.3 files must be merged with any other fixes you've applied to your site.
    The PHP 5.3 patch was kept as minimalist as possible.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.