Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

help question Re: USPS Shipping Module - RateV4, IntlRateV2 - Support Thread

I am using 1.3.9h
    I added the following mod's in this order:
    *Column Layout Grid
    *Buttons from zen button construction (not really a mod)
    *Online Group Pricing
    *image handler 3
    *USPS Shipping Module - RateV4, IntlRateV2

Since others are successfully using this mod, I must conclude that I am doing something wrong, or not understanding it correctly.

It appears I have a successful install, however, none of the domestic quote options appear during checkout. Additionally, all of my shipping rates have doubled since installing. Prior to install, first class and priority were showing as they should in the standard zen version of USPS shipping.

I have very lightweight products, and set the weight of each to .0625 (an ounce). I really only installed this mod to be able to add insurance. The insurance mod didn't seem to be a viable solution as it appears out of date and not compatible with 1.3.9h.

Store is live. Shipping rates with one .0625lb item show as follows:
    First-Class Mail Package (2 days) $4.66
    Priority Mail (1 day) $8.05
    Priority Mail Small Flat Rate Box (1 day) $8.15
    Priority Mail Medium Flat Rate Box (1 day) $13.90
    Priority Mail Large Flat Rate Box (1 day) $17.90

help please?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: USPS Shipping Module - RateV4, IntlRateV2 - Support Thread

Bonkycat-
    My advice is to ALWAYS install mods in a test store to work out any "bugs" you may have.
    in the mean time...
    make sure to check the configuration -> shipping/packageing -> tare percentages in your admin.

Are you quoting commercial or retail rates?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkycat View Post
    The insurance mod didn't seem to be a viable solution as it appears out of date and not compatible with 1.3.9h.
    If you are talking about the optional insurance mod I mentioned earlier, my live store is 1.3.9h and I have that mod installed with no problems...

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkycat View Post
    none of the domestic quote options appear during checkout
    If by domestic quote options you mean insurance, signature confirmation, etc. they do not actually show up when using this mod. by checking those in the set up of this module it will automatically add them on to the shipping price. this could explain the increased quote displays.
    Last edited by mikestaps; 8 Sep 2011 at 04:17 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: USPS Shipping Module - RateV4, IntlRateV2 - Support Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mikestaps View Post
    If you are talking about the optional insurance mod I mentioned earlier, my live store is 1.3.9h and I have that mod installed with no problems...

If by domestic quote options you mean insurance, signature confirmation, etc. they do not actually show up when using this mod. by checking those in the set up of this module it will automatically add them on to the shipping price. this could explain the increased quote displays.
    Thank you Mike!!!

Option 2 was that I wasn't understanding something, and I think you explained it. I want the insurance optional, and by the looks of the prices, you are dead right. I am also thrilled to hear you are using the optional insurance mod with no trouble, so I have uninstalled this one and will try that one.

On another note.... I have heard mention of "test store" before... no laughing now... but I haven't a clue how to do that.

Thanks again for sorting this out for me so quickly. Now I can go back to the other issue I was working on before I played with this.

Plugin Contributions

Ok, so this is me opening my mouth and inserting my foot!!!! FIRMLY!!
    The optional insurance mod DOES NOT work with this mod. I'm going to get on that and see what I can do...

Plugin Contributions

LOL! Your foot is fine. I actually read every post in this thread before posting my own question and did see they won't play nicely together, but that is ok. I can tweak the standard zen shipping to work for me by playing with weight. The optional insurance is a necessity for my business, so I will install it without the other.

Plugin Contributions

Bonky-
    sent PM with tips on setting up test store...

Plugin Contributions

I'm going to release an update which will allow you to easily customise the shipping service names using an updated language file. It allows for multi-language support if anyone wants to implement USPS in other languages.

Also if insurance or other options are enabled it can show on the quote with price being optional. It can be fully customised in the language file.

Making insurance optional is tricky. I'm experimenting with another way of selecting shipping services instead of using tickboxes.

It would be another text area field where a quote option will be entered on each line with parameters. This would replace the tick boxes if it is used. It would allow a flexibility that I cant get with the standard shipping module config methods.

Code:
    fcm-le,sig (First-Class Mail Large Envelope with Signature Confirmation)
    pri-hfp,ins (Priority Mail - Hold for Pickup with Insurance)
    pri-hfp (Priority Mail - Hold for Pickup)
    pri-lfrb,ins (Priority Mail Large Flat Rate Box with Insurance)
    It should allow for every possible combination people would want.

The update with the language file will come first. I'm still thinking about the draft concept above for shipping options.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jasmel View Post
    My USPS Priority orders has more than quadrupled since I installed this mod! I think it is due to the fact that the USPS first class estimated delivery time shows either 6 days or 7 days, when in fact it is more like 3-4 days from West Coast to East Coast. Have I done something wrong which causes the First Class to show up with higher estimated times?

Wondering if my orders are being affected by the longer estimated times. *old USPS module had 2-5 days listed.

Thanks.
    I'm not sure why that would be happening. If you give me a couple zipcodes I'll see if there is a problem.

When it says 7 days it might mean that the module had trouble retrieving the estimated shipping time since 7 days is the fallback value if it fails.

Plugin Contributions

Marco-
    So I have managed to add the products volume to the product set up page in the admin. From testing all seams to be good. I uploaded all of the files I edited to here if you want to check it out. Now to look at implementing it into the USPS module (right after I finish with the opt. ins., if its even possible)

Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast