Here's my header code:

#logoWrapper {
    width:760px;
    height:110px;
    background-image:url(../images/header4.jpg);
    background-repeat:no-repeat;
    }
    Why is there nothing happening?

Also, I thought that when I downloaded the new template, that it should show that way on my site. All I have showing up is a generic zencart look, advertising the manual

ETA: I don't know if that's the right height and width, but right now I'm just trying to GET it there and see!!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Header Problem

You could have a couple of things going wrong, but it would be a lot easier to say if we could see your site.

The logo isn't usually inserted in the stylesheet. If you name your image logo.gif and place it in the template's images folder, Zencart will place it in the header.

As for the new template, did you enable it in admin?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by stevesh View Post
    You could have a couple of things going wrong, but it would be a lot easier to say if we could see your site.

The logo isn't usually inserted in the stylesheet. If you name your image logo.gif and place it in the template's images folder, Zencart will place it in the header.

As for the new template, did you enable it in admin?
    I had a whole reply typed and then I got kicked off for some reason and lost it all =(

I had copied/pasted the code that I followed to add the header to the stylesheet, but then I closed that screen and I can't find it anymore. I did do the logo.gif and it put it in there, but it doesn't cover the whole width as I hoped it would, and I was thinking that the bottom stripe of browns would be where I would put the upper links.

The template....I see it in my admin. I highlighted it and clicked update. When I go to tools and template selection it's the one that shows up (mostlygrey). Was there something else I am supposed to do?

The site can be seen at trueharttreasures.com If you can check it out and tell me what I need to do to make that header fill the screen, get the template right, and fix anything else that I've obviously already messed up on, that would be GREAT!

Plugin Contributions

I had a whole reply typed and then I got kicked off for some reason and lost it all =(

Happens to me all the time, but I think i'm accidentally hitting CTRL - something on the keyboard.

Those colors you're seeing mean that your site is using template_default. If you view your page source in your browser, you'll see the same thing :

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="includes/templates/template_default/css/stylesheet.css" />

When you selected the Mostly Gray template in admin did you then go to Admin - Tools - Layout Boxes Controller and click 'Reset' at the bottom?
    Last edited by stevesh; 7 Nov 2008 at 10:16 PM.

Plugin Contributions

When you selected the Mostly Gray template in admin did you then go to Admin - Tools - Layout Boxes Controller and click 'Reset' at the bottom?
    I didn't, no. But I have now, and I see categories and such

They're not grey, but they are there! And that's ok, because I would be changing the grey anyway

Now, where do I go to see what the different areas of the page are called (like the grey strip above me header, the yellow strip below it, the category boxes, etc....and see how to customize them?

Do you know what I need to do to the header itself to make it fit the whole page without being distorted?

Plugin Contributions

Sorry, that's still the default template.

Plugin Contributions

Sorry, that's still the default template.
    That's what I hear

I don't know what I'm doing worng. Someone has offered to go in to look to see what's going on. Hopefully this will be resolved soon and I can move forward for a change! LOL!