Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: WorldPay Module version 3.0 - Support thread

Just thought I'd add to this guys, I have had callback issues with the Worldpay module in the past as well. I am using it on a site I am finishing off at the moment, and I am a bit concerned about the callback issues as I can't test it properly until it is actually live. I think if I remember right, Worldpay does callback but it doesn't always update the cart, and so there's not always a record of payment in the admin. Last time I had these issues I think it just went to a blank page on callback.
    Nick Smith - Venture Design and Print
    https://venturedesignandprint.co.uk

Plugin Contributions

thanks Nick

Yeah, interesting issues with cookies/sessions and the way Worldpay works. I am talking to Worldpay and DrByte about it and will report anything useful.

It would be good to know if anyone has this working with 'Force cookie use' set to true.

It would also be good to have a look at on a live site if anyone has one (or a dev site I can have a look at quickly). I have one setup running but it would be handy to see others.

Plugin Contributions

Well, I have a fairly heavily re-written version of this module that will work with 'Force cookie use' set to true (which I think should resolve the 'callback issues' that this module suffers) and makes some other changes that I think are desirable and just gets rid of some of the bloat. I will release that at some point, probably as Version 4 of this module, but if anyone wants to help out with some testing then that would be great. Just drop me a PM.

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

red flag Re: WorldPay Module version 3.0 - Support thread

Quote Originally Posted by niccol View Post
    Well, I have a fairly heavily re-written version of this module that will work with 'Force cookie use' set to true (which I think should resolve the 'callback issues' that this module suffers) and makes some other changes that I think are desirable and just gets rid of some of the bloat. I will release that at some point, probably as Version 4 of this module, but if anyone wants to help out with some testing then that would be great. Just drop me a PM.

Thanks
    Hi Nick, I could possibly test it for you since I have a site going live in the next few days. My only concern is would your version be useable in a live environment if the callback issues are resolved?

I seem to recall that the callback issues were a mixture between the module and a setting in the worldpay admin panel last time I had an issue. I think there was a tickbox or something in worldpay that wasn't very clear, but I can't remember what it was now. I am praying that the settings I have been giving will just work to be honest.

I'm just wondering if it's possible to run the current Worldpay mod and your Worldpay mod side by side for testing?

Thanks
    Nick

Plugin Contributions

Up to you really, Nick.

Basically, the old module will not work with 'Force Cookie Use' set to true in Zen Cart admin. This is basically because when the callback happens the appropriate session cannot be recreated. There may be other problems with the callbacks but I haven't found them and that reason would explain why some people were getting errors and others not.

I'd guess you probably want to run the production site with Force-cookie-use set to true. So, you are going to have problems with the old module.

To be honest, I could make it so that you can run both but I just can't be bothered :-) I'd use my version. Much of the code is pretty much the same except that it has less bloated nonsense, is a bit more secure, and works with force-cookie-use to true. What's not to like?

Plugin Contributions

Well, I have a fairly heavily re-written version of this module that will work with 'Force cookie use' set to true (which I think should resolve the 'callback issues' that this module suffers)... but if anyone wants to help out with some testing then that would be great. Just drop me a PM.

Thanks
    PM Sent. Thank you for sharing.

Plugin Contributions

I have just submitted an updated version of this module.

I'll set up a new thread once it has been accepted.

Thanks

Nick

Plugin Contributions

I have just submitted an updated version of this module.

I'll set up a new thread once it has been accepted.

Thanks

Nick
    I dont know about the module you have updated
    but I do like your website :)

Plugin Contributions

Do you have a copy of your version please niccol?

Plugin Contributions

After a bit of thought (and slightly fortunately having made a typo in the first submission of this module) I have decided that I am not going to submit a version of this module. The reason for this is because I think that Worldpay is not the best payment gateway. In fact, I would recommend not using it. The way it handles transferring information back to the cart is just bizarre and does not work all that well. Under those circumstances I really do not want to be supporting a module or become the person to go to with Worldpay problems :-)

There is a slight fix however for some of those people experiencing problems with callbacks. As I have discovered this may not solve all the problems but it will solve some of them. The source of some of the problems is that the session is not recreated during the callback request. That is becausee the session is recreated from a zenid in the URL. So, one solution is to put the attached override init_sessions.php file in includes/init_includes/overrides. (You may have to merge the changes if you already have a file in that position)

The only real change in this file is at line 67:

if (SESSION_FORCE_COOKIE_USE == 'True' && $_GET['main_page'] != 'wp_callback') {

Which just means that for the wp_callback page Zen will always allow the session to be created from the zenid.

Best of luck.

Nick
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast