Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Shipping TO Multiple Addresses.

Quote Originally Posted by rdsbaker View Post
    I have had several customers who wish that we had capability to use one order to ship to multiple addresses. Some web sites do offer such and it would be a major plus if ZenCart could do this. Any progress on this?
    I have neither observed any progress.

However, I am using edit orders + super orders and I am about to insert an option among the delivery methods entitled "Delivery to multiple recipients".

When a customer selects this, he is expected to write at the comments area the names and the addresses of the recipients along with the items he wishes to send to each one.

After checking out I will manually sort the orders as the customer wished and send him an email using an invoicing platform to pay for the delivery cost as I have manually calculated it.

http://simplestation.com/locomotion/...est-blinksale/

OK, sounds complicated but it is a solution to offer shipping to multiple addresses.

Kind regards,
    orange_juice

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

I noticed this thread after looking for a mod that supports shipping to multiple addresses. I am interested in such a module,and have looked at amazon.com's approach -- which appears conceptually very clean. Is there still interest in putting together a couple of people to develop that module.

I would be willing to manage the process -- i have also had preliminary discussions with module developers active in the community.

Dan

Plugin Contributions

Absolutely still interested -- this should be a core function of any shopping cart IMO

Plugin Contributions

That's great.

How about if we try the following:

1. I'll set up chipin page for developing the mod, where anyone interested can contribute to the cost of the mod.
    2. Lets support the zencart core team also, so lets have a percentage of the money collected go as donation to the core team also (say 10%)
    3. I'll also start a thread where i'll put the specific requirements for the mod modeled after the zencart multiple address checkout, so these can be discussed

I have discussed the mod (broadly outlined after amazon.com's multiple address approach) with a mod developer and it was estimated at around 2000 USD. Once we have the requirement we could ask for more specific quotes, and then choose a developer to do it.

Do think this could fly ?

thanks,

Dan

Plugin Contributions

Im in need of this feature as well

Plugin Contributions

this discussion has been lingering for about 2-3 years.. For a product that is as full features as zen-cart I am still stunned how this has not been added in as a feature.

ed

Plugin Contributions

Hi all, I'm new to zen-cart and would like to develop this as a shipping module.

If anyone has any features they'd like to see in a "multiple addresses" shipping module, please add them to this thread and we can compile a list of the best/most needed features.

So far I've compiled the following:

* Multiple shipment fees required for multiple products.
    * Drop-shipping module for changing individual products' Ship From: address.
    * Set shipping method availability for individual products. (UPS only for item A, FedEx and UPS for item B)
    * Estimate shipping on product page.

So yeah, if anyone has any other ideas/suggestions, please add them to the thread. Also, any pointers to references on developing zen-cart addons would be greatly appreciated. Did I mention I was new?

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

hi guys. it's me again. so... this is way more of a challenge than i thought. the thing is that this mod can't actually be written as a shipping module, because of the way zen-cart calculates the shipping fees. go figure.

in any case, i'm doing this work for a client, and i'd love to get this conversation going again on the forums, especially around what kinds of features/bells/whistles would be most useful.

here's a link to what i've got so far:
    http://magiccoder.com/zen-mod/

login: zencartmod-at-gmail.com
    pass: zenzenzen

then click "checkout" to see the "multiple addresses" page.

any feedback will be infinitely appreciated, thanks!

Plugin Contributions

I just wanted to say keep it up procog. I've been looking for this feature for a long time, as many else have. I don't know much about php so I can't be of much help, but I'll be checking in on this frequently to see your progress.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the encouragement, Showtime. I think at this point I've actually got a functional product!

If you're using git, I've set up a GitHub repository: git clone git://github.com/magiccoder/Zen-Cart-Multiple_Addresses_Mod.git.

And if you're not using git, you can get the source here: http://magiccoder.com/zen-mod.zip

I've attempted to keep track of all my changes, so any of the Zen-Cart developers can follow along. Pretty much anywhere I've made a change I've added the comment "//Multiple Addresses Mod". So searching for that string will give you most, if not all, of the modified files.

My basic approach was to build a $_SESSION variable with the multiple address info, and then split up the order for each address to calculate the different shipping and tax rates. There is probably a better way to do this, but it appears to work for the situation my client was in, and a different situation might require a different solution. I'm hoping it works for someone else out there as well.

Please note that if you install this mod, you won't be able to upgrade to newer versions of Zen-Cart, such as 1.5, without doing some serious code re-writing. This might pose a security problem as vulnerabilities are discovered in the 1.3.9h code-base. Just a heads up.

And one other thing worth noting is that some of the payment gateways, such as PayPal, only accept a single shipping address with their API, so if you're using PayPal for your shipping information, PayPal won't see the multiple addresses. I considered contacting PayPal about this, but that just seemed like getting way more involved than was strictly necessary. Maybe someone out there who has a connection to PayPal would be interested in discussing this with them? As it sits, PayPal (and AuthorizeNet, etc.) will only see the default shipping address, and not the multiple addresses. I don't think this should be a problem, but you never know.

I would be more than happy to help anyone out there install this mod on their site, just PM me and we can work out the details. You can still check it out at http://magiccoder.com/zen-mod/ to see if it will suffice for your needs.

Thanks again to everyone for testing it out and for your feedback!

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast