Page 4 of 245 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ceon URI Mapping v4

I am having a problem trying to create a site map for my shop, and I think that Ceon might be an answer of a sort

The problem is that the native urls, for products & catagories do not pass the validation check for a google sitemap.xml file

I started out by creating an index page for each of my catagories, getting the product url from the cart, a typical url is

http://broadbandwirelesssolutions.com/catalog
    /index.php?main_page=index&cPath=26_29_31_65_67

and works just fine, takes me right to the product page, however when I attempt to use it in an xml file it fails vailation and Google will not accept it, the error message tells me that the ampersand needs to be replaced by a semi colon. Someone also told me that actually it needs to be replaced with &

I tried this, and the URL now passes xml validation, however it does not work on the site

http://broadbandwirelesssolutions.com/catalog
    /index.php?main_page=index&cPath=26_29_31_65_67

Instead of the Product Page it takes me to the welcome page for the site, I assume this is a default if you do not have a 404 "page not found" installed

I am thinking that if I install Ceon I can create "Pretty" URL's that will be pass xml validation, and will take me to the proper page.

I am wondering if this workaround will fly, it seems that I would have to manually create all of the pretty URL's which would be a chore, however if that is the only way to go I will do it.

I would really like to know why the native URL's created by zencart don't pass xml validation, this seem to be a pretty basic fault to me.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DivaVocals View Post
    In all of that long post you never explicitly asked a question,HTH
    Actually I thought I had asked two questions.

1. If I install Ceon and use it to create pretty URL's, will this allow me to create a working sitemap.xml file. Even if I have to manually create product specific URL's.

2. Why does the organic URL, created by zencart, fail XML validation and I guess a third question, why does the modified URL (changing & to &) fail to work on the site

Sorry to be a bother but when I run into a problem I like to understand why the sky turned dark and the rain start to fall.

Vegas Jay

www.babygiftbasketstores.com is my site. I have 4.03 installed. Everything looks good. Except that I am changing some of the titles to my products and the URLs are not changing to reflect the new titles. How do I go about updating at I go? Thanks! Amy

Default Re: Ceon URI Mapping v4.x

Just updated to 4.03 and everything peachy! Thanks so much :) Amy
    www.babygiftbasketstores.com

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: Ceon URI Mapping v4.x

Quote Originally Posted by conor View Post
    Yes, you'd have to add custom for each custom product type the store uses.
    ceon
    I've just spent some time debugging this and thought I'd post here to help others in the same situation. If I've missed documentation covering this, please accept my apologies. If I haven't missed docs, please add some to this effect :) it would have saved some head scratching. This is pretty simple stuff, but hard to get into as a newcomer to the URI Mapping mod.

We have a custom product type "product_light" which was created following the standard Zen Cart approach of copying an existing product type, in my case the product_music files, and hacking the custom attributes to our requirements.

1/ We therefore have a custom admin/includes/modules/product_light/update_product.php, so the update_product action causes this update_product.php to be executed when saving changes to products, due to the code in admin/product.php that runs your custom update_product.php if it exists. So we have to copy the CEON modifications from admin/includes/modules/update_product.php to make any URI mappings be saved to the database. There's only one block, marked with "CEON URI MAPPING 1 of 1".

2/ We need a constant for our product type filename, just so we don't have to hardcode the string anywhere, so in includes/extra_datafiles/our_custom_stuff.php we include:
    Code:
    define('FILENAME_PRODUCT_LIGHT_INFO', 'product_light_info');
    I am not clear whether this needs doing for admin/includes/extra_datafiles/our_custom_stuff.php also.

3/ Update includes/classes/class.CeonURIMappingHREFLinkBuilder.php to ADD line 238:
    Code:
    $main_page == FILENAME_PRODUCT_LIGHT_INFO ||
    4/ Update includes/classes/class.CeonURIMappingHandler.php to ADD line 442:
    Code:
    				$_GET['main_page'] == FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO ||
    and line 513:
    Code:
    						$_GET['main_page'] == FILENAME_PRODUCT_LIGHT_INFO ||
    5/ Update admin/includes/classes/class.CeonURIMappingAdminProductPages.php to ADD line 940:
    Code:
    				FILENAME_PRODUCT_LIGHT_INFO,
    and line 1436:
    Code:
    				FILENAME_PRODUCT_LIGHT_INFO,
    With these modifications in place, the URI mappings for our custom product types seem to work.

In summary, it would be nice if some of theses lists of FILENAME_* constant usages were driven by the product_types database table, if possible, as that would reduce the necessity to hardcode these lists of known product types, but perhaps it isn't that simple.
    Last edited by neekfenwick; 13 Sep 2011 at 05:51 AM. Reason: Buggered up one of the lines to insert.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by neekfenwick View Post
    I've just spent some time debugging this and thought I'd post here to help others in the same situation.
    Thanks for posting this.

If anyone else ever needs to do this I'll post them towards this information. :)

If I've missed documentation covering this, please accept my apologies. If I haven't missed docs, please add some to this effect :)
    I'm afraid I don't have the time at present.. writing good/worthwhile docs takes time as well!

Version 4.0.4 shall be out soon and this info can't be included in it at this late stage.. maybe in a future version.

In summary, it would be nice if some of theses lists of FILENAME_* constant usages were driven by the product_types database table, if possible, as that would reduce the necessity to hardcode these lists of known product types, but perhaps it isn't that simple.
    It's a bit of a coincidence that the only two requests for this functionality in 3 years have within days of each other but that's always the way isn't it! :)

I'd previously thought about adding this functionality but the reason it isn't included in the standard version of the software is that it slows down the software.

It would mean that at every point at which you've seen you have had to modify the source code, an SQL lookup would have to be performed. Even with caching this would result in a lot of unnecessary/wasteful lookups for 99.99% of Zen Cart stores.

Ceon URI Mapping 4.0.0 implemented an overridable class system so that we could release versions which have customisations like this in them from the start.. requiring you to change just one single file to have the module use the updated/changed functionality.

We have as yet only released one other "edition" of the software other than the standard edition that you have modified.. (The UMM edition).. in a future version of the distribution I may include an edition which performs these additional SQL product_type lookups for stores such as yours, that have additional custom product types and don't want the hassle of hard-coding (despite its speed efficiency).

I'm sure you can understand now why things are currently how they are. I'm just sorry I didn't have the above solution for you out of the box but although you've supported us (thanks again!) and we are so grateful for that, almost no-one else does and my time's really limited at the minute, so I've had to put off adding extra editions to the main distribution.

At least you know that you have the most efficient implementation possible of this functionality now, with no need for SQL lookups.

I'm just sorry it took you the time it did as life is short and we all have better things to do than modify things. :)

Again, thanks for adding this info as I can point people towards it. Eventually I'll either include the info or an extra file for a "support any custom product types" "edition" of the software in a future version of the distribution.

All the best...

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

How to add: about us page, to ceon url mapping manager, to rewrite it?

Thanks

Séb

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by triumph View Post
    Hi,

How to add: about us page, to ceon url mapping manager, to rewrite it?

Thanks

Séb
    Lets say the page you want to change is /index.php?main_page=conditions, which represents "Conditions of use" page. In PHPMyAdmin, insert record with this values:

uri -> /conditions
    language_id -> type your language_id
    current_uri -> 1
    main_page -> conditions
    query_string_parameters -> NULL
    associated_db_id -> NULL
    alternate_uri -> NULL
    redirection_type_code -> 301
    date_added -> select NOW() function next to field

It is the same for all pages: privacy, contact_us, shipppinginfo, advanced_search...

Plugin Contributions

I have one question too.

How to type disallow pages in robots.txt?

Like this (native):
    Code:
    Disallow: /index.php?main_page=contact_us
    Or like this:
    Code:
    Disallow: /kontakt
    I have mapped URI for contact_us page like I described in previous post. URL is http://sportak.rs/shop/kontakt

Plugin Contributions

Hi Conor,

Greetings from hot and sticky Florida. Long time no talk, I hope this note finds you doing well!

I am writing because I have a three issues and hoped you might be kind enough to offer your thoughts.

ISSUE #1: Upgrading ZC from 1.3.9d to 1.3.9h
    ISSUE #2: Upgrading Ceon URI from 3.6.3 to 4.0.3
    ISSUE #3: Moving the entire store to a new domain

I reviewed your FAQ and Upgrading instructions included with 4.0.3 and I have two main questions.

FIRST: Do I need to flush Ceon URI from mySQL when I switch domains? Or should I be able to transfer the database to the new domain with no Ceon URI issues?

SECOND: What do you think about where "upgrading Ceon URI" fits into my order of operations? I am planning to address these issues in the order listed above.

Thanks again for all your help! Ceon URI has my vote as the BEST ZC mod ever!

Yours,
    Mike

Page 4 of 245 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast