Page 151 of 361 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201251 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 3601
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: EasyPopulate 4.0 Support Thread

Quote Originally Posted by nick02895 View Post
    ...I rem'd out both calls to mb_internal_encoding(). If I remember correctly I asked my host to change a setting on their server and they refused so I rem'd this as a work around......
    Totally off topic (sorry folks): rem'd out reminds me of the language BASIC I used early in the 80's on a fleet of container ships to calculate stability

Please don't hook on to this, don't want to hijack this thread but could not help but noticing......

Cheers / Frank

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Attributes - EP4

Quote Originally Posted by FoodSourceDirect View Post
    Hi MC. I downloaded IH4 and read its documentation. I like all the features. Just a little timid about the whole core file change thing. The same reason why I haven't as yet installed Numinix.

Re: Missing data for V_Product_Name and V_Description_1. I noticed that column field headers are case sensitive. once I changed to lower case, problem solved. I downloaded picaflor-azul's Newport Eco them. I have to figure out how to fix a couple of layout issues. I feel like I am in school again.

AJ
    It was Chadd that expressed the suggestion of IH4, but something I was in agreement with. If you haven't made any changes to the files associated with IH4, then it will make the changes necessary upon install. If you have made changes, then incorporate them into the files that IH4 will load, and off it goes. Otherwise,it's probably one of the easier programs to install that makes modifications to the cart. Numinix programs are also pretty robust; however, after installation other install scripts may need a little work to cooperate.

Yes, you will find that case is important in almost everything related to operation. Variable names, fields, pictures, even the web address. Action often needs to be taken to ignore case. Regarding the fields in EP4, I think that case sensitivity should remain and it is yet another reason that it is suggested to export a file or two before attempting to import so that one can see how things should be entered prior to uploading. :) Be prepared to continue learning and try to help others where you can even if it's a gentle nudge to provide more information about a topic (posting guidelines for example.)
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Great, thanks.

The error in the log is
    [25-Jul-2014 16:43:43 America/New_York] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_internal_encoding() in (omitted path)easypopulate_4.php on line 143

The EP upgrade was from
    $Id: easypopulate_4.php, v4.0.21 06-01-2012 chadderuski $
    to
    $Id: easypopulate_4.php, v4.0.23 07-13-2014 mc12345678 $
    ep reports 4.0.24 7/15/2014?

Zen from 1.51-1.53, auto installed.

Like Chad mentions later in this thread my zen-cart was automatically upgraded, thus ep stopped working. I upgraded ep after reading the thread and still didn't work. I removed the files and tried uploading again.

FIXED IT!
    Looking at backup easypopulate_4.php, I rem'd out both calls to mb_internal_encoding(). If I remember correctly I asked my host to change a setting on their server and they refused so I rem'd this as a work around.

Thanks for your help
    Nick
    Great!

While commenting out (REMing) those two lines won't disable EP4, if I remember correctly incorporating mbstring into your php.ini will bring that function into the system load. If I also remember correctly, this all was added to force input/output to be converted to/from UTF-8 and unfortunately may disuade others from using this plugin. Perhaps we could incorporate a check and if the function is not reachable, provide some guidance on how to enable or perhaps some form of description as to the effect of not enabling that "feature".

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by retched View Post
    I have a question regarding this module and the modules listed on the right hand side in the main page. Is there a list somewhere of where to find these? I do need something for my google feed for "Google Product Category" if possible.
    I don't have the line numbers, but if you look in admin/easypopulate_4.php, there are some comments associated with each of the mods(code existing elsewhere in the store from which EP4 waas run). The associated field appears to be related to Google Merchant Center as of 2011. I personally can not account for it's continued need/use asi have not worked with that field/code to know of it's importance/usage.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for the feedback. In the time since my last post I have changed to responsive theme. I am still trying to figure out how to "personalize" it. And, finally, this morning I managed to successfully install IH4. It works!! Now I have got to figure out how to install Tabbed Pro without breaking the site.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by FoodSourceDirect View Post
    Thank you for the feedback. In the time since my last post I have changed to responsive theme. I am still trying to figure out how to "personalize" it. And, finally, this morning I managed to successfully install IH4. It works!! Now I have got to figure out how to install Tabbed Pro without breaking the site.
    Good. I'm going to withhold further discussion to take place on appropriate threads, but if nothing else, hopefully these changes you're making are first on a backup of your site, and not initially on your live site. This way you can make a mistake without affecting current business or future business.

Plugin Contributions

Oops. I did do the changes on the actual site. You make a good point. Ok, going to fix that.

Plugin Contributions

FIXED IT!
    Looking at backup easypopulate_4.php, I rem'd out both calls to mb_internal_encoding(). If I remember correctly I asked my host to change a setting on their server and they refused so I rem'd this as a work around.

Thanks for your help
    Nick
    Hi Nick,

Glad you got this working. Yes, those function calls are part of working with UTF-8 encoding for multi-byte (mb_) languages. Most english will encode in 1 byte, but some can take up to three if memory serves me correctly... Just be cautious with your string lengths as they may not get calculated correctly.

if that happens, and I'll use Manufacturer as the example, then you can end up with multiple truncated entries in the database:

So, Manufacturer's name exceeds database lenght:

"Hill Billy Manufacturing and Supplies Corp" is entered in your CSV file.

EP4 goes to add this to the database because it's new, but the string is truncated to the length in the database ( you'd see that in phpMyAdmin)

"Hill Billy Manufacturing and Supplies Corp" now becomes "Hill Billy Manufacturing an" in the database.

On the next line you have another item for this Manufacturer.... EP4 does a search on the manufacture's table and does not find a match, so it add that manufacturer AGAIN, and AGAIN it's truncated.... If you have 50 items with the same manufacturer, you end up with 50 entries in your manufacturer's table....

Not so damaging... BUT, this can also happen with Category Names! So please be careful to not exceed your database's field lengths.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by chadderuski View Post
    Hi Nick,

Glad you got this working. Yes, those function calls are part of working with UTF-8 encoding for multi-byte (mb_) languages. Most english will encode in 1 byte, but some can take up to three if memory serves me correctly... Just be cautious with your string lengths as they may not get calculated correctly.

if that happens, and I'll use Manufacturer as the example, then you can end up with multiple truncated entries in the database:

So, Manufacturer's name exceeds database lenght:

"Hill Billy Manufacturing and Supplies Corp" is entered in your CSV file.

EP4 goes to add this to the database because it's new, but the string is truncated to the length in the database ( you'd see that in phpMyAdmin)

"Hill Billy Manufacturing and Supplies Corp" now becomes "Hill Billy Manufacturing an" in the database.

On the next line you have another item for this Manufacturer.... EP4 does a search on the manufacture's table and does not find a match, so it add that manufacturer AGAIN, and AGAIN it's truncated.... If you have 50 items with the same manufacturer, you end up with 50 entries in your manufacturer's table....

Not so damaging... BUT, this can also happen with Category Names! So please be careful to not exceed your database's field lengths.
    Chadd,

Good explanation. To confirm though, if mbstring is used as originally incorporated, could you elaborate how this all would happen? (I don't want to guess and cause confusion.)

Plugin Contributions

Hello, I did a new install of Easy Populate 4.0 on a fresh install of Zen Cart 1.5.3. It installed correctly, shows up in Tools and also in Configure, but when I click on it to configure it, it can't find the page, it's a 404 error. It goes to mystore/myadmin/configuration.php?gID=53. Does this sound like a familiar problem that anyone else has had? Any ideas on how to fix it? Thanks!!