Page 43 of 108 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Responsive Classic (built in to Zen Cart v1.5.5) [Support Thread]

Yayyy! Perfect, that fixes the menu beautifully.

Thanks so much for helping!

Plugin Contributions

responsive_mobile.css line #409
    Change the width from 70% to what you want on the mobile version.
    This was for portrait view.

If you need to change for landscape view or tablets, search as mentioned at post #416

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

I'm attempting to use fontawesome and/or halflings as symbols for use on pages/buttons.

Here is a link to my cart (zc155e, template is a clone of Responsive Classic):
    https://002mc.justmedical.biz/Produc...-Test-1-Images

If you look at my search button to right on my top bar, you might see a search symbol before the word search. I say "might" because I'm pretty sure it's not working correctly for all browsers.

I'm pretty sure I'm doing it wrong. All I did was edit /includes/languages/english/MY_TEMPLATE/header.php by defining HEADER_SEARCH_BUTTON as:
    ' Search'

Then, to the stylesheet, I added:
    font-family: FontAwesome;

After banging my head for a while, I tried skimming through this support thread till my head hurt.

It occurs to me that I'm probably not alone in wanting to figure this out, so maybe a bunch of folks would benefit from hearing the answers to the questions I have.

MY QUESTIONS:
    1. Font files now exists in /admin/includes/fonts, so is the cart now loading them automatically? Or do I need to somehow call them to wake them up? And if the fonts exist only in the admin area (I couldn't find them in the public folders), will they still work for the store front?
    2. Can somebody explain what this glyph system is and how to use it?
    3. How can I use a symbol in the text on pages, like in the middle of a product page description or ez page?
    4. How can I use a symbol on a button, like the search button on the top of my page?
    5. How can I use a symbol in a menu? For instance, look at the word HOME to the left of my top bar. How would I replace that with just a symbol?
    6. How can I use a symbol instead of an image on pages like the shopping cart? On my site, if you add something to your cart, you will go to the cart and see an image is used for the refresh button and that little trashcan.
    7. SIDE QUESTION: I'm using ckeditor. Every time I try inserting unicode calls they die. Is there anything I can/should do to fix that?

Really explanations aren't terribly necessary (though I'd love to understand this glyph system), because a few simple real life examples could easily be modeled.

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

@Feznizzle, since your template is already pulling in the Font Awesome CSS, why not use the FA interface defined here: http://fontawesome.io/examples/

You don't need to mess with the font-family or loading that font to your store's file system and it's more intuitive (well, kind of). For example, you could code your HEADER_SEARCH_BUTTON as

'<i class="fa fa-search" aria-hidden="true"></i>&nbsp;Search'

to receive the results you're looking for.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the suggestion.

I changed this (in includes/languages/english/mc001/header.php):
    define('HEADER_SEARCH_BUTTON','&#xf002; Search');

To this:
    define('HEADER_SEARCH_BUTTON','<i class="fa fa-search" aria-hidden="true"></i>&nbsp;Search');

A weird image then appears, instead of the expected change. Did I do something wrong?

Plugin Contributions

I think I found my problem, but I don't know how to fix it.

This is what I put in the define:
    <i class="fa fa-search" aria-hidden="true"></i>&nbsp;Search

I loaded the page and check source, finding this:
    <i class=&quot;fa fa-search&quot; aria-hidden=&quot;true&quot;></i>&nbsp;Search "

Can somebody tell me how to escape those quotes? Or is that not my issue?

Plugin Contributions

hi I try to insert a background image for index and every page. I am using responsive template on zc 1.5.5e
    I tried to insert this in stylesheet.css
    PHP Code:
    /*bof basic elements*/
    body {margin0;font-familyverdanaarialhelveticasans-serif;font-size62.5%;color#888787;background-image: url(../images/my-image-background.jpg);} 
    obviously I upload image in /images folder.

Please how can I solve it?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Feznizzle View Post
    I think I found my problem, but I don't know how to fix it.

This is what I put in the define:
    <i class="fa fa-search" aria-hidden="true"></i>&nbsp;Search

I loaded the page and check source, finding this:
    <i class=&quot;fa fa-search&quot; aria-hidden=&quot;true&quot;></i>&nbsp;Search "

Can somebody tell me how to escape those quotes? Or is that not my issue?
    What program are you using to edit that language file?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    What program are you using to edit that language file?
    Textwrangler

Plugin Contributions

Because you asked, I reloaded the file as utf8 and resaved. No dif. Then I did the same thing via cpanel file manager, same thing.

Also, in a dif staging area, I reverted file sets way back before I started modding. This is basically just zc155e, plus Responsive Classic (not a clone). When I alter the define, same thing occurs:
    https://001mc.justmedical.biz/

Page 43 of 108 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast