Default 10474 - The shipping country is not allowed by the buyer's country of residence

I administer a shop based in California. A customer in China cannot checkout. He is seeing this error:

10474 Invalid Data - This transaction cannot be processed. The shipping country is not allowed by the buyer's country of residence.
    The only payment module enabled is paypal express. Does anyone know a workaround or solution for this problem?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 10474 - The shipping country is not allowed by the buyer's country of residence

I am also having this problem for a customer who lives in China but is registered in Ireland.

Is this a problem with PayPal or with Zen Cart?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 10474 - The shipping country is not allowed by the buyer's country of residence

The question is.... Do these folks really live in China? Do they respond to an email? Are they shipping to an address other than the registered address?

IMHO these are folks trying to rip you off. Rather than making it easier for them to do so, I'd be happy the system is doing something to protect my store.

Yet, if you have your store restricted (i.e., set to US zones only), folks in Canada would not be able to shop.

Also, we did have a site using a store-bought template that had a problem with addresses. We had to let the customer establish their country first in order for anyone outside the US to submit a proper address.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by paul3648 View Post
    I am also having this problem for a customer who lives in China but is registered in Ireland.

Is this a problem with PayPal or with Zen Cart?
    I believe that's a limitation imposed by PayPal. Contact them for information about whether there is a way to work around it.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    The question is.... Do these folks really live in China? Do they respond to an email? Are they shipping to an address other than the registered address?

IMHO these are folks trying to rip you off. Rather than making it easier for them to do so, I'd be happy the system is doing something to protect my store.
    I'd be happy having a choice whether to accept the order or not. It seems PayPal is not giving me that choice.