Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ceon Manual Card Payment Module v3.0.0

Scrap that- I figured it out. Had a few old files from previous versions, had to remove those also (for anyone else having the same issue).

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by jetx View Post
    Interesting, on my test site I upgraded and removed those files. Then my site went blank (white page). I had to put those old files (from 2.2.2 includes/functions/extra_functions/) back in order to get my site working again. What do you suppose is going on there?
    Quite simply you must have another old Ceon module that uses ceon_file_system_functions.php.. I'd suggest you update all the modules you are using as I don't think any of our modules have used that file in years!

Or be lazy and leave the file there, whatever suits!

All the best...

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

In order to fix an issue I was having with the database I tried a couple of things including updating to 3.0. (I finally fixed that issue by removing and installing the module).

After upgrading to 3.0 I was greeted with nothing but a blank screen for all of zen cart. I eventually figured out that zen cart would work if I removed the /admin/includes/extra_datafiles/ceon_manual_card_database_tables.php file. But now without that file naturally I'm getting an error asking for it. Zen Cart seems to be working OK without the file but maybe I'm missing something. Should I go without a ceon_manual_card_database_tables.php file and ignore the error or will things be broken without it? If I need the file in place what do I need to do to make zen cart not be broken when the file is there?

Plugin Contributions

Upload all the required files from the latest version. Then check you have removed the following (from older versions):

admin/includes/functions/extra_functions/ceon_manual_card_functions_file_system.php
    includes/auto_loaders/config.ceon_manual_cardDebugWarning.php
    includes/classes/class.ceon_manual_cardCardValidation.php
    includes/classes/class.ceon_manual_cardDebugWarning.php
    includes/functions/extra_functions/ceon_manual_card_functions_file_system.php

Plugin Contributions

I just double checked that I had all the latest files and made sure all of the old files in that list were gone but it still breaks whenever I upload the ceon_manual_card_database_tables.php file.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by kbrown View Post
    I just double checked that I had all the latest files and made sure all of the old files in that list were gone but it still breaks whenever I upload the ceon_manual_card_database_tables.php file.
    That makes no sense to me whatsoever, that file just contains a define for the database's table name.

Sorry, you'll require manual debugging for this. There's nothing else I can think of to suggest here other than to remove the software altogether and install it all over again.

All the best..

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

What happens if I just try to go without that file. Will it still have access to the database and work?

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by kbrown View Post
    What happens if I just try to go without that file. Will it still have access to the database and work?
    On the admin side, no.

Please follow my instructions in the previous post.

All the best...

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

First off, thanks for this amazing module! Will definitely donate once my online store takes off

2ndly I have a question. This is kinda an email related questions. I use gmail, even though I can get an email with my domain name. I know gmail has a limit of how many emails you can send, so lets say one day I sent a newsletter to people and on that same day I get 10 orders. Will some of my emails not come to my inbox? I am not using the SMTP setting, I am using the default one?

Can you please give some recommendations. The only reason I ask is because one time I sent more then 500 emails(in the 2 bar) using gmail web broswer and a lot of the mail got blocked as spam.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by wildchick View Post
    First off, thanks for this amazing module!
    Glad you like the software and it's useful for your site!

Will definitely donate once my online store takes off
    A few people have said that here but most don't follow through. Either way I hope your store does well! :)

Will some of my emails not come to my inbox? I am not using the SMTP setting, I am using the default one?
    That's obviously a question about gmail rather than the module but I don't see why you would have any restrictions placed on what you can receive just because you sent "too many" e-mails in a day.

However, I don't know why you would use gmail to send a newsletter anyway? You're better off sending directly from your website or using some sort of newsletter software.

Hope that helps.

If you have any questions about newsletter software, I'm sure there will be a more useful thread somewhere else on this forum (and there are loads on the net itself).. a quick search should help. :)

All the best...

Conor
    ceon

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast