Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ceon Manual Card Payment Module v3.0.0

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by adb34 View Post
    For data protection etc. where are the card details held? if in database of the site, are they deleted after the transaction is completed?
    This module should NOT be used if data protection is valued. You should use a Payment Gateway.

The details are stored in the store's database, except for the middle digits of the card number and the CVV number which are sent by e-mail, for some semblance of security.

No details are ever deleted. The next version may allow for that, maybe, I'm not sure.

All the best...

Conor
    ceon

Quote Originally Posted by conor View Post
    Hi,

On the order page.

All the best...

Conor
    ceon
    If by "order page" you mean the eMail sent me with the order, I don't see the expiration date for the CC anywhere. I would expect it just under the CC # and it is not there. So where is it?
    Beau

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by Beau91324 View Post
    If by "order page" you mean the eMail sent me with the order,
    No, I don't.

I mean the page in the admin that has the details for the order.

All the best..

Conor
    ceon

Hi,

No, I don't.

I mean the page in the admin that has the details for the order.

All the best..

Conor
    ceon
    Is there anyway to get the Exp Date to show in one of the two emails sent the store. My client doesn't like or use well the admin of the store, he leaves that up to me so I really don't want to have him go into the Admin of the store. I shutter at the thought of the kind of damage he would do.
    Beau

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by Beau91324 View Post
    Is there anyway to get the Exp Date to show in one of the two emails sent the store. My client doesn't like or use well the admin of the store, he leaves that up to me so I really don't want to have him go into the Admin of the store. I shutter at the thought of the kind of damage he would do.
    Your client is happy to send their customers' card details across the internet in an e-mail but not happy to use their own store's admin?

An irresponsible client in my opinion.

Sorry, I can't support someone like that.

All the best..

Conor
    ceon
    Last edited by conor; 29 Oct 2012 at 05:23 PM.

Brampton, Cumbria, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Plugin Contributions

Hi,

This module should NOT be used if data protection is valued. You should use a Payment Gateway.

The details are stored in the store's database, except for the middle digits of the card number and the CVV number which are sent by e-mail, for some semblance of security.

No details are ever deleted. The next version may allow for that, maybe, I'm not sure.

All the best...

Conor
    ceon

Ah. Well this may make a big difference to me and most of the e-commerce site in the UK. Have a read of these links UK data protection act 2008 (updated February 2008 ) and Information Commissioner's Office.

I cannot workout the implications to the UK users of this module I really hope there is non, I would love to use this.

AndyB

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Ceon Manual Card Payment Module v4.0.1 Released!

Hi,

A new version of Ceon Manual Card has been released.

This thread is now officially closed, if you have any support queries please post in the new thread for the new version of the software:

Ceon Manual Card v4 Support Thread

A new mode of operation has been added to this new version, allowing the storage of all card details, making them available in one place. The e-mail mode is still recommended above this though as it is a little bit more secure.

As always, it is highly recommended by Ceon that all Zen Cart stores use a payment gateway instead of a manual card module, for increased safety of customers' card details and for compliance with any relevant laws.

Latest Revision History

4.0.1- 14th November 2012

[ADDED] Card details deletion functionality updated with a JavaScript refresh to try and avoid potential confusion. A refresh of the page is necessary as the standard details will have already been output before this software had a chance to run and carry out the actual deletion. If JavaScript is disabled at the module will output an informative message to the user.

[UPDATED] Admin panel restyled to give it a fresh, modern, Ceon look.

[UPDATED] More translations made in Spanish language file.

[BUGFIX] The new Store Card Details mode didn't work in Zen Cart 1.5.x as Zen Cart 1.5.x automatically masks the card number, so the card number was missing its middle digits! Module updated to store the card number in the Ceon Manual Card database table instead.

[ADDED] FAQ added about the “Back” button on the order page not bringing the user back to the list of orders.

4.0.0 - 8th November 2012

[ADDED] Added new option to store the full card details, instead of e-mailing the card number's middle digits and any CV2 number. Extra fields added to database table. Automatic upgrade for database and configuration functionality updated appropriately.

[ADDED] Button added to admin panel to delete all the card details for the order. Functionality can be enabled/disabled using a new configuration option.

[ADDED] Facility to check the configuration and database added, by using new config-check flag as a query string parameter.

[BUGFIX] The zone status check was running in the admin, whereas it should only run in the catalog, as the data to check against is only available when checking out.

[BUGFIX] Missing defines added to Spanish language file.

[BUGFIX] Some admin messages had typos in them.

Download Now!

The latest version can always be downloaded from the distribution's website and should also be available in the Zen Cart downloads area soon.

Enjoy!

All the best...

Conor
    ceon

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314