Page 292 of 356 FirstFirst ... 192242282290291292293294302342 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,920 of 3558
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Stock by Attribute v4.0 addon for v1.3.5-1.3.9

Thank you. Nice to know after years of working with SBA it is not the issue here. I can work on that edit to the edit-orders code myself but sent you some log in by pm so don't know if you are actively looking at it. Let's stay in touch. I had been over to the Edit-orders but worried I'd get chased off because it has always been an SBA issue for our cart over the years. ;)

Plugin Contributions

155f install... live site.
    I'm finding on admin/product.php or on my product pages in the admin that I am not seeing any reference to attributes for items with attributes. Previous to our upgrade from a very hacked version of SBA we did have a button on the product page, next to the quantity in stock, to take us to the attribute edit page for that item. There is a lot of code referring to attributes on the product.php page but I am not seeing the application for it. What does it do? Here is the SBA code edit but it does not seem to be related to the link to the product attribute edit page or do anything I can see on the admin/product.php page. Using Stock_By_Attributes_Combined-master folder for 1_5_6
    Code:
    // BOF Added for Stock By Attributes SBA 
              $zco_notifier->notify('NOTIFY_ADMIN_PRODUCT_COPY_TO_ATTRIBUTES', $contents, $contents);
              // EOF Added for Stock By Attributes SBA
    Last edited by athena; 23 Mar 2018 at 05:44 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by athena View Post
    155f install... live site.
    I'm finding on admin/product.php or on my product pages in the admin that I am not seeing any reference to attributes for items with attributes. Previous to our upgrade from a very hacked version of SBA we did have a button on the product page, next to the quantity in stock, to take us to the attribute edit page for that item. There is a lot of code referring to attributes on the product.php page but I am not seeing the application for it. What does it do? Here is the SBA code edit but it does not seem to be related to the link to the product attribute edit page or do anything I can see on the admin/product.php page. Using Stock_By_Attributes_Combined-master folder for 1_5_6
    Code:
    // BOF Added for Stock By Attributes SBA 
              $zco_notifier->notify('NOTIFY_ADMIN_PRODUCT_COPY_TO_ATTRIBUTES', $contents, $contents);
              // EOF Added for Stock By Attributes SBA
    As noted, the link that was previously seen was from modifications of some sort that had been applied to provide such a Stock By Attributes link from the product page. (I think that I have seen such a link offered through one of Numinix' additional fields related modules.)

The current implementation does not attempt to add such a link into that screen as perhaps the best user experience is to either offer the information in the current screen or to open a separate window (new tab, new browser, etc...) so as not to lose information already entered. However, in following the ZC suggestions of accessing the admin, only one window to the admin should be open at any one time. Adding a link directly on the product page that is always active (ie. not disabled once some change had been applied to the page and not yet saved) has not been a consideration within the current implementation. There are changes afoot, I believe thanks to Design75, that will place all such content in tabs and allow a larger amount of product information to be edited in a single location rather than bouncing around. To further take advantage of that "feature" whatever coding SBA would need would be incorporated into the SBA distribution to support that. In the mean time, when viewing the products/categories listing, the SBA entry for a specific product can be found by a total of two bounces (requiring three clicks) by selecting the attributes icon, then selecting attributes controller (on the right) then selecting Stock By Attributes at the top of the screen which will open the SBA entry screen with the product selected for editing.

Regarding the notifier identified above which has been added in the respective product.php file for all supported versions, that notifier is included to support copying SBA attributes when copying a product (as a unique new item) tracked by SBA similar to copying the attributes of one product. Note that the ZC code contained in the 1.5.6 files may not be up-to-date with the current alpha/beta distribution of ZC 1.5.6, but were identified as functional at the time of incorporation. As development of ZC 1.5.6 continues, the SBA files are periodically updated to match.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Just thanking all who have worked on this. We can not upgrade without SBA: From Tom who uses it most: "There are three things I like about the New Stock By Attributes:

The list is sorted by model number, rather than product name. This helps as we update inventory. We use the model number to find items in the admin.

The list is searchable by model number. This helps us because we have so many items that are stocked by attributes.

We used to use a link to Stock By Attributes from the individual product admin page to go quickly to the attributes for a product. While this feature is now gone, the two features above make up for that. It would be nice to reestablish that link or make a tiny statement or icon next to the Products Quantity to help us know if the product has attributes or not. That “A” Icon is displayed on an admin product page that shows all the products in a category or in a search of the admin.

And there is now a link to Stock By Attributes from the Attributes Controller page. At least I think that is a new feature. That can come in handy when working with the option names and values and then jump right to Stock By Attributes to finish the product info."

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by athena View Post
    Just thanking all who have worked on this. We can not upgrade without SBA: From Tom who uses it most: "There are three things I like about the New Stock By Attributes:

The list is sorted by model number, rather than product name. This helps as we update inventory. We use the model number to find items in the admin.

The list is searchable by model number. This helps us because we have so many items that are stocked by attributes.

We used to use a link to Stock By Attributes from the individual product admin page to go quickly to the attributes for a product. While this feature is now gone, the two features above make up for that. It would be nice to reestablish that link or make a tiny statement or icon next to the Products Quantity to help us know if the product has attributes or not. That “A” Icon is displayed on an admin product page that shows all the products in a category or in a search of the admin.

And there is now a link to Stock By Attributes from the Attributes Controller page. At least I think that is a new feature. That can come in handy when working with the option names and values and then jump right to Stock By Attributes to finish the product info."
    Code that could be used to present a link/image based on data collected by SBA:
    Does the product have attributes:
    Code:
    if (!empty((int)$_GET['pID']) && $products_with_attributes_stock_class->get_products_attributes((int)$_GET['pID']) !== false) {
      // Display icon/link for managing attributes of some type.
      // Link for Attributes Controller: zen_href_link(FILENAME_ATTRIBUTES_CONTROLLER, 'products_filter=' . (int)$_GET['pID'] . '&current_category_id=' . $current_category_id));
      // To determine if link should be associated with SBA:
      if ($_SESSION['pwas_class2']->zen_product_is_sba((int)$_GET['pID'])) {
        // Display icon/link for managing SBA attributes.
        // Link: zen_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_WITH_ATTRIBUTES_STOCK, 'seachPID=' . (int)$_GET['pID']);
      }

}
    Where (int)$_GET['pID'] could be substituted with $pInfo->products_id depending where in the file this call is made and $current_category_id for use with the attributes controller is the category id associated with the product/current category in which the product is being edited.

From within the admin screen for filling in the product information (typically admin/includes/modules/PRODUCT_TYPE/collect_info.php), these variables are (int)$_GET['pID'] or $pInfo->products_id and (int)$current_category_id or $cInfo->categories_id, respectively. Though, until a product is stored, the only potentially useful data is the category related information. What this means is that a new product should not already have information in either the attributes controller nor in SBA (assuming database integrity for both tables) and that in the absence of either/both of those pieces of information that there would not be data available to identify the need for a link to either of those two locations for the current product.

Also note that currently once on the SBA product information screen, the product edit option is available to return to the product itself (selecting this option without first saving changes made to the onscreen data will result in loss of those changes). An option has not (yet) been added to go directly to the attributes controller from the SBA product information screen.

Plugin Contributions

ZC 1.5.5d (live site in signature)
    SBA 1.5.4
    It's been working fine, but if you change the 'Quantity' of an attribute in admin, the "Quantity for all variants" does not update to reflect the total number of items. A "Sync Quantities" fixes this, but why does this not happen automatically?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ttfan View Post
    ZC 1.5.5d (live site in signature)
    SBA 1.5.4
    It's been working fine, but if you change the 'Quantity' of an attribute in admin, the "Quantity for all variants" does not update to reflect the total number of items. A "Sync Quantities" fixes this, but why does this not happen automatically?
    For some it is a feature, for others it can be a bug. A "clean" handling mechanism hasn't been developed, but there is this to consider and one of the things about continued development of this plugin.

There is no requirement that the sum of the individual variants must equal the sum of all possible products.

For example, a "product" could be made of a combination of individual attributes instead of a combination of attributes, take for example a product sold that has a size and a color of say a patch applied to it. There could be three sizes for example and a single patch quantity. When purchasing you can either add the patch or not. If there are 5 shirts of each of the three sizes and there happen to be only 8 patches. Should the total of the items be 23? Or really should it be15? What about for those that sell the item only if all options are available and therefore only 8?

Currently only variations that are fully defined by combination of attributes or those not having any combinations but instead all individual are best supported. There isn't yet a process incorporated to cleanly handle both on a single product.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    For some it is a feature, for others it can be a bug. A "clean" handling mechanism hasn't been developed, but there is this to consider and one of the things about continued development of this plugin.

There is no requirement that the sum of the individual variants must equal the sum of all possible products.

For example, a "product" could be made of a combination of individual attributes instead of a combination of attributes, take for example a product sold that has a size and a color of say a patch applied to it. There could be three sizes for example and a single patch quantity. When purchasing you can either add the patch or not. If there are 5 shirts of each of the three sizes and there happen to be only 8 patches. Should the total of the items be 23? Or really should it be15? What about for those that sell the item only if all options are available and therefore only 8?

Currently only variations that are fully defined by combination of attributes or those not having any combinations but instead all individual are best supported. There isn't yet a process incorporated to cleanly handle both on a single product.
    Another way this can be used for store owners (until yet another feature is specifically added) is that the total quantity of product can be larger than the sum of the available variants so that the product can remain visible even when all of the current variants are sold out.

By having a quantity of product still available, a store set to disable product when the quantity is goes to zero (ie. Can not oversell product) will still show the product. The display of "normally" available attributes is controlled by other settings but could potentially display all possible variants with all being out-of-stock for those that wish to be able to show potential variants.

On the flip side, a product could be made to go out-of-stock after x product have been sold regardless the individual variant availability by only identifying the x quantity of product. Then after selling that many product it goes out-of-stock...

I'm aware that it would be helpful to also have the click to edit option on the admin screen and I believe there is sufficient code available to incorporate it, but I haven't yet.

At the moment I'm trying to incorporate some other development code to address strict php processing and some other minor user improvements/features that have been developed. Quite literally have been doing that today among other things with other software.

I'm sure I can think of other ways that the total quantity as compared to the individual variant quantity can be used to accomplish a goal. For now I've been trying to not to unnecessarily limit the capability even if it may require a little extra effort/thought for those just wanting basic stock control of attribute related product.

Plugin Contributions

That makes perfect sense, thank you mc12345678!

Plugin Contributions

This may be a bug/omission but given the complexities of this mod I wouldn't be surprised if I just didn't understand.

When adding a product to the cart my config settings are such that the cart is not displayed and I instead get a popup saying for example:

HTML Code:
    'Men's Red Shoe' was added to your basket
    If I do the same with a product priced by attributes and SBA, I get:

HTML Code:
    was added to your basket
    eventually I found that in includes\extra_cart_actions\stock_by_attributes.php

around line 1064
    Code:
    // display message if all is good and not on shopping_cart page
                if (DISPLAY_CART == 'false' && $_GET['main_page'] != FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART && $messageStack->size('shopping_cart') == 0) {
                  $messageStack->add_session('header', ($_SESSION['cart']->display_debug_messages ? 'FUNCTION ' . __FUNCTION__ . ': ' : '') . SUCCESS_ADDED_TO_CART_PRODUCT, 'success');
    needed to be changed to
    Code:
      // display message if all is good and not on shopping_cart page
                if (DISPLAY_CART == 'false' && $_GET['main_page'] != FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART && $messageStack->size('shopping_cart') == 0) {
                  $messageStack->add_session('header', ($_SESSION['cart']->display_debug_messages ? 'FUNCTION ' . __FUNCTION__ . ': ' : '') . '\'' . zen_get_products_name($_POST['products_id']) . '\'' . SUCCESS_ADDED_TO_CART_PRODUCT, 'success');
    so that the zen_get_products_name function is called when adding a 'SBA' product to the cart.
    Simon