Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Credit Card Expiration Date

Where can I find the credit card's expiration date?

I searched all over the invoice, etc. its not there, which is good.

I assumed it would come to me via email with their numbers. I receive the two numbers pieces perfectly, but neither contains an expiration date. Here is our test example.

Email 1:

lease direct this email to the Accounting department so that it may be
    filed along with the online order it relates to:

Order: 5

Middle Digits: 11111111

Email 2:

Payment Method
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Credit Card

Visa 4111XXXXXXXX1111

These rest is address information. Its seems like it should be here. Is there a third place that order information is stored?

Thanks,

- Kyle

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Credit Card Expiration Date

Anyone out there know? So many zen-carters, there has to be a simple explanation.

Plugin Contributions

I don't use that module, but I think that the expiration date is sent with the part viewable in admin.

Plugin Contributions

Ah, you are correct. I just wasnt poking around enough. I didnt realize it was clickable where I found it.

Thank you, your response got me there, I appreciate it.

- Kyle

Plugin Contributions

Conor Kerr provides a very good offline cc module here. It has the added advantage of being able to utilize PEAR crypt-blowfish for session encryption. The module has more features too.

Bear in mind that the core cc offline module is to be discontinued in later versions of zc.

Also, I feel obliged to draw your attention to PCI Compliance...
    19 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Default Where is the expiration date?

Please make the solution more clear.

Exactly where is the expiration date found?

We need it in the confirmation emails but can't find it.

This is because we have a customer who does not have a computer to access the cart from where the orders are sent. The office prints and faxes the orders and the expiration date is not there.

Plugin Contributions

As noted, it's in the part that is saved in admin. You'd have to write some code to insert it into the email.

If I were in youir position, I would strongly encourage your customer to use a real-time CC processor.

Plugin Contributions

customer issue Re: Credit Card Expiration Date

Quote Originally Posted by stevesh View Post
    If I were in youir position, I would strongly encourage your customer to use a real-time CC processor.
    We have a unique situation with this account. Client is a Doctor who makes and sells nutrition supplements. He calls each patient who orders first in order to be sure they are getting the product best suited for their needs. He does not want orders processed in real time because he does this first then after consultation, processed the orders. The exceptions are repeat orders from the same patients.

Also this person is a "non" computer person and does not have internet in his office. Orders go to his wife in her CPA office and she prints and faxes them to him. Since she is sending him the emails the credit card expiration date is missing.

As I said this is a very unusual application.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

stuffdone, you now have 3 separate threads hijacked asking for the same thing.

As I and others have told you before:
    1. Expiration details ARE NOT included in emails ... for SECURITY and FRAUD PREVENTION reasons.
    2. The expiration date is available in your admin area. You can print that information from there for processing.
    3. If you want to change things to include those dates in emails, YOU ARE OPENING YOU AND YOUR CLIENT UP TO SERIOUS FRAUD LIABILITY. But, if you want to take on that responsibility, you're welcome to edit the code that sends the email to accomplish your own unique needs. Just be sure to inform your client and their bank that you've done this for them so they know your address so they can arrest you if any credit card information is compromised.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Lecture

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    stuffdone, you now have 3 separate threads hijacked asking for the same thing.

As I and others have told you before:
    1. Expiration details ARE NOT included in emails ... for SECURITY and FRAUD PREVENTION reasons.
    2. The expiration date is available in your admin area. You can print that information from there for processing.
    3. If you want to change things to include those dates in emails, YOU ARE OPENING YOU AND YOUR CLIENT UP TO SERIOUS FRAUD LIABILITY. But, if you want to take on that responsibility, you're welcome to edit the code that sends the email to accomplish your own unique needs. Just be sure to inform your client and their bank that you've done this for them so they know your address so they can arrest you if any credit card information is compromised.
    I appreciate your concern but I am just trying to find a way to solve a perplexing problem without my having to process all their orders for them.

Sorry.... I didn't think I "hijacked" anything and I just ask advice under a topic specifically dealing with expiration dates. And what three threads?.

I have been doing this for over a dozen years and understand the "rules" but still have to deal with customers who are not computer literate sometimes. I don't require a lecture and don't thing a forum for technical matters is a proper place to post security rules. I am sure there is a separate forum for that purpose...or should be.

I personally have been pressuring them to go strictly with PayPal to avoid any possession of credit card information and hope they take me up on it and stop accepting credit cards through the site.

The rules are by CC companies and are terms of agreement with them and banks and are not criminal matters. Customer may face losing a merchant account, even being sued civilly but not "arrested" as being hacked is not a crime...doing the hacking is.

//

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast