Plugin Contributions

help question Sideboxes Not Appearing on the Right in Layout Controller

I'm sure this is my mistake , but can someone point me in the right direction?

I have two ZenCarts, both using Zen Version 1.5.7b and using the Responsive Classic Template.

Regarding sideboxes, the first ZenCart I installed works for me to put the sideboxes on the left or right or both in the Layout Controller.

The second ZenCart will only let me put them only on the left. Of course, I want them only on the right for this ZenCart. When I try to put them (Categories and More Information sideboxes) on the right, a blank column does appear where they should go and my text moves to the right to make room for the sideboxes, but they never appear on the right. So, can someone direct me to the file(s) I should view to see if I perhaps messed up a file while adding a plug-in? I am puzzled by this one. Any help is much appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Sideboxes Not Appearing on the Right in Layout Controller

Most of the time, when a left or right column goes really bonkers, it's the width that is set. The responsive.css stylesheet for respsonsive_classic only works with certain combinations of widths. Check to make sure that you have not picked one that is not on the list.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    Most of the time, when a left or right column goes really bonkers, it's the width that is set. The responsive.css stylesheet for respsonsive_classic only works with certain combinations of widths. Check to make sure that you have not picked one that is not on the list.
    Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, that wasn't the problem. I did not change that file. Just to be sure, I republished the original file, and it made no difference. Any other ideas?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by CookieMonster View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, that wasn't the problem. I did not change that file. Just to be sure, I republished the original file, and it made no difference. Any other ideas?
    There may be some misunderstanding. While its good that the responsive.css file remains untouched, the recommendation was to review the width settings for the "items" not showing and being sure that they fit one of the widths identified in that file. So, looking at the configuration settings for the right column, is the width one of those identified in this line of css: https://github.com/zencart/zencart/b...onsive.css#L21

The other question is, when the content is not appearing on the right side, does the footer appear on the page? Or does it seem like everything to the right and below disappear? I didn't see a link to the site, so I can't just go there and look for myself. If that issue is occurring, then need to follow the guidance of fixing a partial blank page.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

I'm sure this is my mistake , but can someone point me in the right direction?

I have two ZenCarts, both using Zen Version 1.5.7b and using the Responsive Classic Template.

Regarding sideboxes, the first ZenCart I installed works for me to put the sideboxes on the left or right or both in the Layout Controller.

The second ZenCart will only let me put them only on the left. Of course, I want them only on the right for this ZenCart. When I try to put them (Categories and More Information sideboxes) on the right, a blank column does appear where they should go and my text moves to the right to make room for the sideboxes, but they never appear on the right. So, can someone direct me to the file(s) I should view to see if I perhaps messed up a file while adding a plug-in? I am puzzled by this one. Any help is much appreciated.
    Check to see if the problematic site has some storefront debug logs; it sounds like one of the sideboxes configured for the right side might have a PHP issue that's causing a partial whitescreen.

Plugin Contributions

Or, stop the dance and give us a link. So much time could be saved with a little more info up front.

Maybe we need some posting tips that mention that?

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the replies. It was simple. I had to go to my Admin, Configuration, Layout Settings and change "Column Right Status - Global" to 1 instead of 0. I'm not sure how my eyes missed that setting before. Again, I appreciate the advice.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the replies. It was simple. I had to go to my Admin, Configuration, Layout Settings and change "Column Right Status - Global" to 1 instead of 0. I'm not sure how my eyes missed that setting before. Again, I appreciate the advice.
    ... and a link to the site would have helped us to detect that, too!