Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Need help to do an upgrade from 1.5.0 to 1.5.5

YESSSSSS!!!

I did it! Live site is upgraded and working!

The only thing still wonky is that backend. It still shows the same as above. That is more of an annoyance as it still works.

Checked what you said could be the culprits:
    - css missing? any suggestion which one?
    - extra slash? don't see any instance of any extra slash
    - clearing cookie/browser cache? still no change after

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by CaroleAs View Post
    YESSSSSS!!!

I did it! Live site is upgraded and working!

The only thing still wonky is that backend. It still shows the same as above. That is more of an annoyance as it still works.

Checked what you said could be the culprits:
    - css missing? any suggestion which one?
    - extra slash? don't see any instance of any extra slash
    - clearing cookie/browser cache? still no change after
    Another case where F12 may help to identify issues. Such as this. But, have you tried a different browser or different device?
    Css files: well, if you were to pull up the source code and search for .css you should see the files that are involved, including the path that is generated (relative to your admin directory) and which file(s) are involved. Then as part of the F12 review or right click on an element to inspect the element should see css detail related to it.

Could also try logging out and back in, long shot, but sometimes...

Btw, congratulations! Now when you're reviewing posts by others, likely able to help someone else through their troubles! :)
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Another case where F12 may help to identify issues. Such as this. But, have you tried a different browser or different device?
    Css files: well, if you were to pull up the source code and search for .css you should see the files that are involved, including the path that is generated (relative to your admin directory) and which file(s) are involved. Then as part of the F12 review or right click on an element to inspect the element should see css detail related to it.

Could also try logging out and back in, long shot, but sometimes...
    Of course, I tried F12 (you taught me that) and I can see that the file is there. Also, the rest of the page is "styled" with the correct logo and such, so the file is in place.

I tried an incognito window, I tried a different browser, and I tried a different computer. Same look.

I tried logging out and back in. Same thing.

Btw, congratulations! Now when you're reviewing posts by others, likely able to help someone else through their troubles! :)
    Not sure about HELPING them, but I can tell them that they CAN do it, with everyone's super help in this forum!
    I would just know enough to be dangerous to others!
    Last edited by CaroleAs; 11 Sep 2017 at 01:25 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Even the login page is odd looking. Using the F12, it points to the file ADMIN/includes/index.css, but i can't even find that file.
    Where is that?

Plugin Contributions

Even the login page is odd looking. Using the F12, it points to the file ADMIN/includes/index.css, but i can't even find that file.
    Where is that?
    It is/was in the older version of ZC... Perhaps a file was not updated or remains that should have been removed?

There is no admin/includes/index.css in the current ZC 1.5.5; however, on a ZC 1.3.0.1 site that I am currently working to upgrade it is present there. It is/was also a part of ZC 1.5.1... So, raises the question about the admin upgrade portion......

Plugin Contributions

Rechecking all the .css files individually, I found one from the zc admin folder that had a different size (major difference) and used it. It fixed the issue. Thanks for pointing me to the right direction.

I am all set!

Plugin Contributions

How do you suggest I treat all those test installations? Just delete them?
    I would like to keep one test installation available as just that... a test install so i could test new mods or other changes without affecting the live site. And then, how to keep one as a test without having Google index it and send visitors to it?

Plugin Contributions

How do you suggest I treat all those test installations? Just delete them?
    I would like to keep one test installation available as just that... a test install so i could test new mods or other changes without affecting the live site. And then, how to keep one as a test without having Google index it and send visitors to it?
    Yes you should keep one of the upgraded sites as an upgrade with which to make future mistakes without impacting your actual live site.

As to how to continue to prevent inappropriate navigation, I actually encourage you to reread either this thread or the associated portions. Of all things discussed, that is covered herein...

Plugin Contributions

Remember though. Measure three times, cut once...

Meaning, be absolutely sure that you are deleting the correct database. The files, well, they basically can/have been reproduced and are easily able to be duplicated. The database... not so lucky...

Also, if not mistaken, should also notify your host that you wish this/these databases destroyed/cleaned as part of responsible careship of other's data.

Plugin Contributions

I am facing a different "problem" now and it is simply because I can't remember how to add the download file (or attribute) to my newly added products. Remember that I was using an All In One mod to have all the information in ONE place and it didn't look at all like what the default zencart interface looks like, so I have not used that in many years.

I can't find a clear information on how to add it. Can you point me to the right place?

Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast