Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Simple manufacturer list to replace scrolling list - add-on now available

Quote Originally Posted by pricediscrimination View Post
    The count is showing up below the manufacturer's name. Not included in the hyperlink. How would I move it up to appear right next to the manu name?

As far I as I know this isn't an issue with my CSS.
    The layout of the count is determined by lines 23-25 of the tpl_manufacturers_list.php template.

To move this inside of the hyperlink, just move them to before line 22 (which closes that link).

Currently they are set to be two spaces (each space is a " ") to the right of the manufacturer's name. If they are appearing below that suggests that the box is too narrow for them to fit on the same line.

Moving them inside the hyperlink might resolve this - I have a suspicion that the links may not wrap, but would then overflow the box, or at least bite into its padding. Alternatively you could remove one of the spaces and see if that's enough to bring them back onto the same line.

(The line numbers above refer to version 4.1 of the mod)
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Simple manufacturer list to replace scrolling list - add-on now available

Quote Originally Posted by kuroi View Post
    The layout of the count is determined by lines 23-25 of the tpl_manufacturers_list.php template.

To move this inside of the hyperlink, just move them to before line 22 (which closes that link).

Currently they are set to be two spaces (each space is a " ") to the right of the manufacturer's name. If they are appearing below that suggests that the box is too narrow for them to fit on the same line.

Moving them inside the hyperlink might resolve this - I have a suspicion that the links may not wrap, but would then overflow the box, or at least bite into its padding. Alternatively you could remove one of the spaces and see if that's enough to bring them back onto the same line.

(The line numbers above refer to version 4.1 of the mod)
    Your instructions worked perfectly. Thanks once again!

This mod rocks! Kuroi rocks!

Plugin Contributions

I would like to break up the manufacturers list into sub-lists. For example: Vacuum Products and Sewing Products. I am using manufacturers_list_sidebox_3-0 with the current zencart release. I am very new to zencart as well as php and css so please...go slow. Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by tnsmeek View Post
    I would like to break up the manufacturers list into sub-lists. For example: Vacuum Products and Sewing Products. I am using manufacturers_list_sidebox_3-0 with the current zencart release. I am very new to zencart as well as php and css so please...go slow. Thanks.
    Sounds simple doesn't it? Unfortunately it's not.

The complexity is in the database query that you would need to write. The manufacturers table from which the data is drawn knows nothing about the types of products supplied by each manufacturer and so has no way of knowing which would go under which (or both) of your two headings.

So you would need to write a SQL query to join several database base tables to get the information needed together in one place, and then use PHP to sort through it.

There's not a slow or easy path through this. It would require at least intermediate level knowledge of SQL and Zen Cart's product and category table structures as well as information specific to your category structure. The PHP would be relatively straightforward, though a little more than beginner level.

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kuroi View Post
    Sounds simple doesn't it? Unfortunately it's not...
    Wow...Yuk. Ok, thanks for your input. At least now I can stop looking for ways to accomplish it.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Simple manufacturer list to replace scrolling list - add-on

I want to be able to use my htaccess mod rewrite rule for some of the manufacturers in my sidebox.. could you tell me if this is possible?

For example instead of

site.com/index.php?main_page=index&manufacturers_id=10

I would want the link to be site.com/brand

I have already configured my htaccess the right way, but now I need to make the adjustment to your contribution...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by pricediscrimination View Post
    I want to be able to use my htaccess mod rewrite rule for some of the manufacturers in my sidebox.. could you tell me if this is possible?

For example instead of

site.com/index.php?main_page=index&manufacturers_id=10

I would want the link to be site.com/brand

I have already configured my htaccess the right way, but now I need to make the adjustment to your contribution...
    Anyone?

Plugin Contributions

Hi
    Please could someone have a look at the manufacturer sidebox I have here: www.jabulanappies.co.uk and tell me why the box doesn't go all the way round? i.e. there is a gap at the top...
    Any ideas? (I'm using future zen template).
    It's a really useful mod though, just want to tidy up the box...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jabula View Post
    Hi
    Please could someone have a look at the manufacturer sidebox I have here: www.jabulanappies.co.uk and tell me why the box doesn't go all the way round? i.e. there is a gap at the top...
    Any ideas? (I'm using future zen template).
    It's a really useful mod though, just want to tidy up the box...
    It's not actually a problem with the box but with the template. (I'm not trying to shift blame, honest, I wrote both!)

The image that is supplied with the template isn't long enough for the length of box that you have. However, it is possible to download the image source files from the downloads area and make it longer.

Plugin Contributions

Hello there,

Can this be turned to a manufacturer's page instead?

Thx

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast