Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Using one single listing template

Great post, but I am having a bit of a problem. I made the changes and I have 2 problems - the product listing table is not picking up the column names properly, and the listing is not being sorted by the correct default sort. I am on v1.3.7.1. Any ideas where to look? I have torn apart everything and I am at a loss.

Plugin Contributions

Can you post a link to that specific page?

Quote Originally Posted by NHRADeuce View Post
    Great post, but I am having a bit of a problem. I made the changes and I have 2 problems - the product listing table is not picking up the column names properly, and the listing is not being sorted by the correct default sort. I am on v1.3.7.1. Any ideas where to look? I have torn apart everything and I am at a loss.
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by yellow1912 View Post
    Can you post a link to that specific page?
    Sure, I just uploaded the files again. If you check one of the category listings you'll see that the default sort is by price descending (3d in admin) but the All Products listing is still alpha by product name. Let me know what you think.

http://www.diapercakegiftshop.com/in...e=products_all

Plugin Contributions

column names: you simply dont have those name defined in products_all language file, just edit that file and insert then definition.

"If you check one of the category listings you'll see that the default sort is by price descending (3d in admin) but the All Products listing is still alpha by product name."
    Im not sure I understand you, maybe Im just too sleepy now
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Plugin Contributions

column names: you simply dont have those name defined in products_all language file, just edit that file and insert then definition.
    Duh! Some times the simple errors are the hardest to find. For some reason I thought those where defined in the main english.php file, which they obviously are not.

"If you check one of the category listings you'll see that the default sort is by price descending (3d in admin) but the All Products listing is still alpha by product name."
    Im not sure I understand you, maybe Im just too sleepy now
    This is in reference to this -

One more note, since we are now using a single product listing template, the layout can be controlled at Admin->configuration->Product Listing.
    I have the default sort defined in the config as price descending, but the all products listing is not being sorted by price by default.

Plugin Contributions

That was a mistake I made. Notice the "disp_order_default " ? You can change. And the code below will use products all sort default(PRODUCT_ALL_LIST_SORT_DEFAULT), you can use a different one of course.
    PHP Code:
    <?php
    /**
     * products_all  header_php.php
     * @package page
     * @copyright Copyright 2003-2006 Zen Cart Development Team
     * @copyright Portions Copyright 2003 osCommerce
     * @license http://www.zen-cart.com/license/2_0.txt GNU Public License V2.0
     * @version $Id: header_php.php 4261 2006-08-25 04:35:20Z ajeh $
     */

require(DIR_WS_MODULES zen_get_module_directory('require_languages.php'));

$breadcrumb->add(NAVBAR_TITLE);
    // display order dropdown
    $disp_order_default PRODUCT_ALL_LIST_SORT_DEFAULT;
      require(
    DIR_WS_MODULES zen_get_module_directory(FILENAME_LISTING_DISPLAY_ORDER));

$listing_sql "SELECT p.products_type, p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id,
                                        p.products_date_added, m.manufacturers_name, p.products_model, p.products_quantity, p.products_weight, p.product_is_call,
                                        p.product_is_always_free_shipping, p.products_qty_box_status
                                 FROM " 
    TABLE_PRODUCTS " p
                                 LEFT JOIN " 
    TABLE_MANUFACTURERS " m ON (p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id), " TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION " pd
                                 WHERE p.products_status = 1
                                 AND p.products_id = pd.products_id
                                 AND pd.language_id = :languageID " 
    $order_by;

$listing_sql $db->bindVars($listing_sql':languageID'$_SESSION['languages_id'], 'integer');

//check to see if we are in normal mode ... not showcase, not maintenance, etc

$show_submit zen_run_normal();

$define_list = array('PRODUCT_LIST_MODEL' => PRODUCT_LIST_MODEL,

'PRODUCT_LIST_NAME' => PRODUCT_LIST_NAME,

'PRODUCT_LIST_MANUFACTURER' => PRODUCT_LIST_MANUFACTURER,

'PRODUCT_LIST_PRICE' => PRODUCT_LIST_PRICE,

'PRODUCT_LIST_QUANTITY' => PRODUCT_LIST_QUANTITY,

'PRODUCT_LIST_WEIGHT' => PRODUCT_LIST_WEIGHT,

'PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE' => PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE);

/*                         ,
      'PRODUCT_LIST_BUY_NOW' => PRODUCT_LIST_BUY_NOW);
      */

asort($define_list);

reset($define_list);

$column_list = array();
      foreach (
    $define_list as $key => $value)
      {
        if (
    $value 0$column_list[] = $key;
      }
    ?>

Plugin Contributions

That did it. Still a couple little bugs to work out, mostly the table heading row does not match the other listings, but thats a minor fix. Next will be the new products and featured product listings. Thanks a bunch!

Plugin Contributions

Hi there. :) I am relatively new to Zen Cart, and have been doing a trial and error learning of its system. :) Learning a lot.

So anyway, I followed your directions for this mod. And it seems to work fine, however I ran into the same problem as an earlier person in this thread. The problem with the Header table column names showing up. I know what file you are reffering to modifying. It is the 'products_all.php' in the /includes/languages/english file right? So I have tried a number of combos for this, but without knowing SQL or PHP very well I can't figure out the correct syntax to use. any help would be appriciated. :)

Here is a link to my page,
    http://www.libragear.com/zencart/index.php?main_page=products_all
    . Please excuse my mess, I am still building. :) Thanks in advance for you help.

Thanks,

Kate

http://www.libragear.com

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

I just followed this thread and must say it's a great time saver. Thanks for sharing this :-)

Just a question though... I made the changes as mentioned and both the Category Product Listing and the All Products Listing are showing just fine (same layout that is). The New Products Listing is still showing in its 'own' layout.

Any ideas how I can make sure that all three listings are using teh same template layout?

Thanks in advance!

With kind regards,

Oculas

Plugin Contributions

Make sure your edited the code in your current template, not the default one.
    Quote Originally Posted by oculas View Post
    Hi,

I just followed this thread and must say it's a great time saver. Thanks for sharing this :-)

Just a question though... I made the changes as mentioned and both the Category Product Listing and the All Products Listing are showing just fine (same layout that is). The New Products Listing is still showing in its 'own' layout.

Any ideas how I can make sure that all three listings are using teh same template layout?

Thanks in advance!

With kind regards,

Oculas

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast