Thread: Westminster New

Page 164 of 187 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164165166174 ... LastLast
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 1865
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Westminster New

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedBird3654 View Post
    hiya all

im using Westminster New on zencart v1.5.6a)

unfortunately still have the issues where sub cats don't work.. many have had this issue and its come to light that the Westminster New template does not run correctly with updated zencart releases..

has anyone managed to get a fix.. on another thread i created this is the answer i got

You are using a template that was not designed for zc156.. The template makes use of some older mods which can work, but you would need to check the template support page on what needs updating. Some things you can do now that may help you, turn off the side box cats, I use a sticky menu that locks it to the top of the screen, so I turned mine off. Use the responsive classic template until you can get yours updated. If you switch to the classic and all works, then you have template issues with the one you tried to install. Lest you can still do businesses while looking the other one over.
    Dave

is there any fix to get the sub cats to show yet or any mods available..

thanks all
    Just an opinion .... I run this template on 1.5.5f and 7.1 without any major issues (other than some plugins initially not liking the quirks of 1.5.5f / 7.1 but most have been modified now and nothing to do with the template in any case).
    This may sound like a retrograde step but, if you have not already done so, why not try making a test site using 1.5.5 (f) whereby you can still get the benefits of at least PHP7.1 and many of the popular plugins that have been upgraded to 1.5.6 are backward compatible. My understanding is 1.5.6 (even a) still has teething issues in any case.
    In my humble opinion I do not thing the author of the template is going to do a re-write to make it compatible to 1.5.6 - better to use the built in responsive template and modify to your needs, again my understanding is that it will be modified to work with every upgrade of ZC so you would not likely encounter this type of situation again in the future.

p.s. I think that the sub categories was an issue with this template prior to 1.5.6

Plugin Contributions

v1.55f php 7.1

On product pages I want to want to get rid of the 'Details' and 'Reviews' tabs and simply have that information flow under the description - how can I do that please?

(it makes it impossible to use Structured Data Markup properly because data like Manufacturer and Review do not show up on the page !! - hence adversely affects SEO)

cheers,
    Mike

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by shags38 View Post
    v1.55f php 7.1

On product pages I want to want to get rid of the 'Details' and 'Reviews' tabs and simply have that information flow under the description - how can I do that please?

(it makes it impossible to use Structured Data Markup properly because data like Manufacturer and Review do not show up on the page !! - hence adversely affects SEO)

cheers,
    Mike
    figured it out - just deleted the easyResponsiveTabs jscript and then found the instances in tpl_product_info_display.php

Plugin Contributions

v1.5.5f php 7.1 www.harmonyballpendant.com

Need some help please to reduce white space;
    a) on product category pages - between rows of product listings - each product is in some sort of frame, when mouse is over you can see the frame outline - the space between price and bottom of the frame is what I would like to reduce to bring the rows of products closer together - see image 1

b) index page - space between bottom of 'featured products' and the start of the 'editable center box' see image 2

Many thanks,
    Mike
    Attachment 18470

Attachment 18471

Plugin Contributions

Someone has set the font to the background color for the H3 a tag at stylesheet_middleboses.css to #FFFFFF

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    Someone has set the font to the background color for the H3 a tag at stylesheet_middleboses.css to #FFFFFF
    Many thanks dbltoe, I appreciate your help ... all fixed now .... I must have inadvertently done that when trying to change the border color.

So any thoughts on this one in my above post; a) on product category pages - between rows of product listings ?

cheers,
    Mike

Plugin Contributions

Understand that you are tossing monies in a corner trash can when you continue to try to drag along a 5-year old template and make it work with current versions. 1.5.6b will have you repeating the process in even more ways.

Your solution is stylesheet.css line 270. You can delete the padding call all together and turn the margin-bottom to some negative number around -50px in order to close the gap. IF you do that, you will need to change the color on the border call to something other than #fff. Otherwise the customer may not be able to tell whether prices go with the item above or the one below.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    Understand that you are tossing monies in a corner trash can when you continue to try to drag along a 5-year old template and make it work with current versions. 1.5.6b will have you repeating the process in even more ways.

Your solution is stylesheet.css line 270. You can delete the padding call all together and turn the margin-bottom to some negative number around -50px in order to close the gap. IF you do that, you will need to change the color on the border call to something other than #fff. Otherwise the customer may not be able to tell whether prices go with the item above or the one below.
    Many thanks for the solution and more importantly the advice - I am about to try to upgrade to 1.5.6b, and I say try because all past upgrades I have done I have not done very well at all - so I may end up paying someone to do it. Putting a post in commercial help wanted may be a waste of time though - last post in there was August 2018 and it was by me with no responses

As an aside .... is upgrading to HTML5 likely to help with ranking from a technical perspective, i.e. same content etc, etc but HTML5 vs 4 ?

cheers and thanks again,
    Mike

Plugin Contributions

Westminster New v2.0 just submitted!

See the demo here:

https://picaflor-azul.com/westminster_new

This is a major update of the template package for compatibility with v1.5.6x. Upgrade instructions and package also included along with files for a fresh install.

The package has been updated using the latest version of ZCA-Responsive-Default-for-Zen-Cart-1.5.6 by rbarbour. All the wonderful featured in his new package are included in the template upgrade including:

** 2 new columns (Tablet Status and Mobile Status) in the layoutboxes controller so you can turn side-boxes off or on for specific devices
    ** Product Info - Number of Additional Images per Row specify for Mobile and Tablet
    ** Also Purchased Products Columns per Row specify for Mobile and Tablet
    ** Featured, New, and Specials Products Columns per Row specify for Mobile and Tablet
    ** Flexible Footer Menu replaced with Flexible Footer Menu Multilingual
    ** AddThis on the product info pages replaced with AddToAny
    ** MatchHeight JS added

Please post any questions or problems that you might have here. I am making my best effort to spend time here each day going forward to answer questions.

Thanks,

Anne

Plugin Contributions

Approved. Good to have you back, Anne. Thanks so much for everything you do for the Zen Cart project.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.