Plugin Contributions

customer issue email: link after registration to activate (new) customer account.

Hi peolple. I was looking a lot about this but didn't find anything. Just this old thread: http://www.zen-cart.com/showthread.p...count-Possible

Is there exist an option for this now?

Actually i see that user is being logged inmediatly after their registration.... and it seems insecure to me. I want that the user next access keeps their ordering history with their last used account, however in this way is more easy to them to create another account because no need to confirmate anything. Maybe i'm wrong.. i dunno.

If someone could help me with this, i appreciate it!

Thanks
    Sergio.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: email: link after registration to activate (new) customer account.

There is no provision for that function in Zencart, nor any mod I'm aware of. I have to say I don't see the security issues here. I don't care how many accounts a customer creates, as long as their payment (for any of their accounts) is processed correctly.

Plugin Contributions

i understand your point of view. My implementation of zen-cart is for a mini market on my city, so people can choose and buy online so then the mini market can deliver personally their prodducts and, just in that moment (face to face), the client pays the thing. Keeping the same customer account over the time generates more trusting on the client than working and delivering things to unknown (new customer) people.

Thanks!
    Serg.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Zen Cart is designed around collecting payment up-front, at the time the order is placed.

Based on your last post I think your problem is that your payment process is "Cash on Delivery", and so your real concern is verifying that the customer's order is legitimate before you send it out for delivery and collect payment face-to-face.

You could do that verification after you receive the order ... by telephoning them to verify it, or sending an extra email to ask them to confirm the delivery time/date/details, etc.

Or, you could do it on account-registration as you initially asked. But it will require you do to specialized custom coding for that, not only as part of the account-creation email process, but you would also need to establish a way to handle the interruption in allowing them to proceed with checkout before they've verified their account.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

You're right Dr. Bite. Thanks for your answer.

Serg.//

Plugin Contributions

Sorry that I have to chime in on this subject but, I need to find a method to force a customer to activate their account via an email response. I would like this to be automatically part of the registration process. I have seen so many replies about "there is nothing in place to do that" "not currently available" , etc. There is never an answer about how to do it, just that we don't recommend it. I operate an ecommerce web site that sells items to collectors. At times I do not have stock which was ordered and at other times it is a last one and has been acquired from a private collection that I need to contact the buyer before I ship the item. I find many give a false email when they register and that the welcome email is not deliverable to them. But they go ahead and purchase the item and expect delivery. I do not send an item to a customer when it is not exactly as described and want to verify they still want it. It is called superior customer service. So how can I accomplish the email activation without taking a course in PHP, etc.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by 0ldgeezer View Post
    So how can I accomplish the email activation without taking a course in PHP, etc.
    Short answer is, you can't. The reason all requests for this feature come up blank is most likely that it would be a programming job beyond the talents of most of us here. Those here who have the coding skills to create this mod usually are paid for their programming work, aside from the mods they generously contribute to the Zencart project. I would say that if this is a very important function to you, you'll have to pay someone to code it, or learn how to do so yourself.

BTW, everyone here is also concerned with offering 'superior customer service'.