Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default [BETA] Admin Page Name Menu Override?

Are we going to be provided with a way to override english.php (or another language) to avoid messing with the admin core when registering mods for admin acccess?
    OR.. Would you prefer that "mod_name.php" be added to the extra_definitions folder of the language's folder?
    Would the latter effect the page_params in the admin_pages table?

I can add the sql statement for page registration and, if a file could be included versus editing a core in the admin, everything would be

Maybe it's the drugs and typing with one hand (surgery), but I only think logically for about an hour out of every six. Have to work quick before the next drugging dulls the already dim brain.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: [BETA] Admin Page Name Menu Override?

Okay, got it working with a "mod_name.php" definition file in the admin, but the brain is foggy with the database insert.

Joy of joys, the mod needs to be added to the Configuration Menu. One of only two current admin pages that uses page_params

In obtaining the next Configuration ID, most v1.3 mods use the @t4 to establish the ID after the item is added to the configuration_group table. This variable is then used to insert the group_id in each value addition to the configuration table.

Since this is a configuration item, the page_params item must be the group_id added to "gID=". For example, ezpages are ID 30 and the page_params is set to gID=30. That then allows configuration.php to display the menu item properly.

My thought is to utilize the @t4 combined with @t5 to form @t6 by setting @t5 to gID= and @t6 to @t5+@t4 but I can't wrap my brain around it.

Suggestions?

Plugin Contributions

Creating extra language definitions is the right way to go

For registering the admin pages, including the tricky configuration page (!), here's some example code taken from Links Manager

PHP Code:
    # Clears out any pre-existing Links Manager configuration settings
    SET @t4=0;
    SELECT (@t4:=configuration_group_id) AS t4
    FROM configuration_group
    WHERE configuration_group_title
    'Links Manager';
    DELETE FROM configuration WHERE configuration_group_id = @t4;
    DELETE FROM configuration_group WHERE configuration_group_id = @t4;
    DELETE FROM configuration WHERE configuration_key 'DEFINE_LINKS_STATUS';

# Insert New Links Manager Configuration Group (will be indexed differently to any old one cleared out about)
    INSERT INTO configuration_group VALUES (NULL'Links Manager''Links Display Settings''1''1');
    UPDATE configuration_group SET sort_order LAST_INSERT_ID() WHERE configuration_group_id LAST_INSERT_ID();

# Register the paghes for Admin Access Control
    INSERT INTO admin_pages (page_key,language_key,main_page,page_params,menu_key,display_on_menu,sort_order)
    VALUES ('links','BOX_LINKS','FILENAME_LINKS','','extras','Y',101),
           (
    'linkCategories','BOX_LINK_CATEGORIES','FILENAME_LINK_CATEGORIES','','extras','Y',102),
           (
    'linksContact','BOX_LINKS_CONTACT','FILENAME_LINKS_CONTACT','','extras','Y',103),
           (
    'linksConfig','BOX_CONFIGURATION_LINKS_MANAGER','FILENAME_CONFIGURATION',CONCAT('gID=',LAST_INSERT_ID()),'configuration','Y',LAST_INSERT_ID()); 
    This code is still being tested, but looks like it should provide a good basis for best practise for 1.5, but if anybody can improve on it, that would good to hear.

The 1.5 approach to registering pages is a big step from 1.3, specifically as a means to achieving admin user control for PCI compliance.

As such it's a delicate balance between what was required to achieve that objective and making the conversion from the box-based 1.3 admin mods as quick as possible.

The good news is that this sort of compromise won't be needed for (let's just say) future major releases.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Well.....
    How about testing it where it needs the page_params like my example?
    I do not have any problem with any of this UNTIL you are registering a configuration menu item with a page_params requiring a gID=## setting based on the group_id being created as the database is being updated for the mod.
    Perhaps I didn't explain it well with one hand

Plugin Contributions

Well.....
    Safari for iPad wouldn't let me scroll left on your code! I'll give it a go.
    THANX
    Last edited by dbltoe; 4 Aug 2011 at 02:59 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Ah, so you couldn't see the "CONCAT('gID=',LAST_INSERT_ID())" that inserts inserts the page_params in this example?

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

None of it
    The concat was the trick. I left the @t4 instead of last insert id to make sure it uses the correct value since we will be allowing multiple admins. Just the paranoia in me, but it is now working on the sql side.
    Will test whole package after Dr appt. Glad I don't have to drive to byte's

Plugin Contributions

Provided there was a previous incarnation, that should allow it to be reinserted with the same ID. But if there wasn't the value of t4 may be NULL which would fail.

So you'd have to add extra processing to ensure that you have a legitimate value.

However, that's unnecessary as the mysql LAST_INSERT_ID() value is unique to the database connection, so there's no danger of different users clashing.

Plugin Contributions

Kuroi,
    Didn't doubt the code. Just wanted a quick "get that part of the installation going" out of the way.
    When all is working, I'll readdress the database side before release.
    Last edited by dbltoe; 5 Aug 2011 at 06:02 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Well I've moved a little your original suggestion. My preference now is to assign the value returned by LAST_INSERT_ID() to @t4 (or equivalent, I have a preference for meaningful names) immediately after the insert, rather than sprinkling function calls through the installation script.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast