Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: http 500 error on new category

Mission accomplished.

So to recap, I had forgotten I had initially installed a template that included a lot of mods I wasn't aware of. When I uninstalled the template these mods were retained and cause the error I was experiencing.

to remedy this as per @barco57's guidance, I exported manufacturer, manufacturer_info, tax_class and tax_rates. As a precaution, I also created a full export of my db as well as my site files. I then deleted all the files and emptied the db and loaded everything from stock and imported the db tables I had previously exported.

Now when I click to add a category I get the new category form as expected.

I am so done with non-stock zc stuff it's not even funny anymore...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by plc613 View Post
    Mission accomplished.

So to recap, I had forgotten I had initially installed a template that included a lot of mods I wasn't aware of. When I uninstalled the template these mods were retained and cause the error I was experiencing.

to remedy this as per @barco57's guidance, I exported manufacturer, manufacturer_info, tax_class and tax_rates. As a precaution, I also created a full export of my db as well as my site files. I then deleted all the files and emptied the db and loaded everything from stock and imported the db tables I had previously exported.

Now when I click to add a category I get the new category form as expected.

I am so done with non-stock zc stuff it's not even funny anymore...
    Backup before making changes and understand what "restoring" does. In some environments a restore literally makes everything as it was seen (files added are removed, edited files are returned to their status and removed files are put back) though a majority of the restore apps will leave the new files in place and address the other things.

Also, the great thing about having some sort of backup store, is that you can play and much around all you want and not affect your live store...

Anyways, yes, I used the account creation date to be a little cheeky in my original response. Looked like someone that needed help, but I couldn't tell in which direction to go so tried one method. :)

Glad things got set right even if I didn't help with the actual solution.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Backup before making changes and understand what "restoring" does. In some environments a restore literally makes everything as it was seen (files added are removed, edited files are returned to their status and removed files are put back) though a majority of the restore apps will leave the new files in place and address the other things.
    I'm an IT Admin by day so I tend to opt for manual operations in lieu of apps that do something I could carry out (and control) myself.

Having a development site on the side isn't just handy imo, it's absolutely critical. Not much worse than working on a live site with unknown expected results!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12