Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Ceon Manual Card Payment Module v2.0.0!

Hi Conor,

I have installed Coen Manual Card module successfully. I suspect the mess is casued by the stylesheet and Blowfish not installed.

Thanks a lot.
    Last edited by Honsan; 7 Oct 2010 at 04:08 PM. Reason: gramar

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by Honsan View Post
    I have installed Coen Manual Card module successfully.
    Glad to hear you got things sorted.

Enjoy the new software! :)

All the best..

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

How to add more than one email address for "extra card information" to be sent to. There will be 3 different people within the company responsible for this. IIRC the original zencart allowed this, yes? Not sure I would use this, but it would present one more possible option for avoiding one manager deleting an email before another manager got it.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by timps View Post
    How to add more than one email address for "extra card information" to be sent to. There will be 3 different people within the company responsible for this. IIRC the original zencart allowed this, yes? Not sure I would use this, but it would present one more possible option for avoiding one manager deleting an email before another manager got it.
    What happens if all three managers charge the card?

This is a BAD idea.. instead you should change your company's operating procedures to using a SHARED address for something as important as card details.

If you really want it sent to three addresses though, I think you can do that by adding the addresses (email part only., no names or <>), separated by commas.

Seriously, don't even consider that though, if you have any sense!

All the best..

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

Each manager is responsible for a specific and distinct line of product and won't have anything to do with the others, with the exception of vacation coverage etc.

The shared address is my first consideration. I usually set up their email clients as IMAP, so was concerned that one would delete before another got it, but I suppose I could use pop3 instead.

I tried using commas to separate addresses but it failed with a message - "The Ceon Manual Card payment module has been enabled but it has not been configured to send the necessary card information to the store owner by e-mail. The E-mail Address to send card information to must be set in Admin->Modules->Payment->Ceon Manual Card." I also tried with a comma and space, and the names and <> with the same result. That's why I'm asking about it here.

With a single address the mod works great. Oh and by the way, thanks for creating and supporting it!

What would be ideal is if an address could be set for specific products or groups of products. Yeah, I know it would be better if we didn't have to rely on manual card processing, but that's just not the case here.

Plugin Contributions

I agree with Conor that this is not a good setup. If you have enough busy to warrant three product managers, why waste their time processing credit card transactions when for an investment of $20-30 a month this could be automated by using a integrated payment method.

If you really, really have to process them manually and have multiple people doing so, then use one imap account that doesn't belong to any of them and have them all dip into to take their transactions.

If you really, really need them each to receive all the emails, whether they're applicable to them or not, then create one emails account and use email forwarders on that.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

The shared address is my first consideration. I usually set up their email clients as IMAP, so was concerned that one would delete before another got it, but I suppose I could use pop3 instead.
    As long as they deal with it before they delete it is that not the main thing?

Maybe that's the policy to implement.. if it's there it's not dealt with. Once it's dealt with, move it into a "dealt with" folder (rather than simply deleting).

That's the way I'd rather work any such shared system.

I tried using commas to separate addresses but it failed with a message - That's why I'm asking about it here.
    Ah, I forgot about that.. that's a security check I put in. It can be removed and then any number of addresses can be used. You are the first ever person to request that though and for the reasons I've mentioned above, I still recommend not using several addresses. (Nevermind the security implications of having 3 e-mails sent rather than one, more chance of it being intercepted, although that's really more of a theoretical concern than a practical one).

If you really want this though let me know and I'll take a look at how you should tweak the code for the module to allow this.

With a single address the mod works great. Oh and by the way, thanks for creating and supporting it!
    Thanks for saying that. :)

What would be ideal is if an address could be set for specific products or groups of products. Yeah, I know it would be better if we didn't have to rely on manual card processing, but that's just not the case here.
    What happens if there are a mix of products in the cart from two of these "assigned groups"?

If you can come up with a set set of cases for when particular addresses should be used then I'm sure it would be easy to code the changes. Unfortunately it would be custom work though, not covered by the free support here.

I still think the shared address and move to folder idea is the best way though, it effectively acts like a group "to do list".

All the best..

Conor
    ceon

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by conor View Post
    Hi,
    As long as they deal with it before they delete it is that not the main thing?

Maybe that's the policy to implement.. if it's there it's not dealt with. Once it's dealt with, move it into a "dealt with" folder (rather than simply deleting).

That's the way I'd rather work any such shared system.
    Hmm...Good point. Subconsciously I keep thinking one type of product per order, and of course that may not be the case. As kuroi mentioned, the use of forwarders is another option, but that doesn't allow one manager to know what another has already done.

If you really want this though let me know and I'll take a look at how you should tweak the code for the module to allow this.
    I'll go over the shared account idea with the managers and experiment a bit, but if not too much trouble I'd still like to know how/where to tweak it.

Thanks for saying that. :)
    Truly, the very least I could do!

What happens if there are a mix of products in the cart from two of these "assigned groups"?
    As per my earlier comment, I hadn't thought it all the way through.

Thanks for the input.

Plugin Contributions

Actually, the original zencart manual cc mod won't send extra info to multiple addresses either.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

if not too much trouble I'd still like to know how/where to tweak it.
    In includes/modules/payment/ceon_manual_card.php you'd change

PHP Code:
    if (defined('CEON_MANUAL_CARD_EMAIL') &&

zen_validate_email(CEON_MANUAL_CARD_EMAIL)) {

$module_configured_properly true;
            } 
    to

PHP Code:
    if (defined('CEON_MANUAL_CARD_EMAIL')) {

$module_configured_properly true;
            } 
    ..thereby removing the check on the e-mail address' format.

I think Zen Cart should then be fine with sending multiple e-mails by simply having commas between the addresses.

All the best..

Conor
    ceon

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast