Plugin Contributions

red flag PayPal - The card you entered cannot be used for this payment.

Zencart 1.3.8a

Commerce on all of my sites has stopped. 2 Customers called in and said they were getting this message, so I got their credit card info and tried it myself.

Checkout goes just like normal, then when I enter CC and phone number at PayPal and click "Review and Continue" I get this message.

The card you entered cannot be used for this payment. Please enter a different credit or debit card number.
    tried two different sites and two different customer accounts and credit cards.

We have not processed an order in over a week.

The only payment method active is "Paypal Express Checkout" and "Zen Free Charge Card"

Made NO Changes, no upgrades, nothing different and all sites have been working swell for years.

HELP
    Newest Site: ChargerPros - Stuff4Toys

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PayPal - The card you entered cannot be used for this payment.

Since you are being rejected while on PayPal's website, you need to ask *them* for support.

You can phone them, email them, even log a ticket online at www.paypal.com/mts ... or all of the above.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Did that, they said they can see nothing wrong with my account. the tech said that they HAD an issue with cards being rejected, but he said that issue was fixed.

Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing any issues like this.

Plugin Contributions

Zencart 1.3.8a
    You might have been hacked ...
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    You might have been hacked ...
    OK, that doesn't explain anything. I know there are updates that have not been applied, but to leave an open ended statement like that helps no one.

How does my particular situation apply to the patches and hacks known to date?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

It may or may not.

But it's still an entirely valid statement, whether it applies to the error message you're getting or not.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Yes, I know the upgrades should have been done a long time ago. I guess the real question is "Is this a symptom of a known hack attempt or not"

Plugin Contributions

Known or not - you have a problem and should be treating it as a hack because you are using an outdated version of Zen Cart with known vulnerablities.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Stuff4Toys View Post
    Yes, I know the upgrades should have been done a long time ago. I guess the real question is "Is this a symptom of a known hack attempt or not"
    I already answered your question: The error message you are receiving on PayPal's site is coming from PayPal. You need *them* to support you on this issue.

In addition, IF you've been hacked, then it's possible that whoever hacked you might have tampered with the code that submits data to PayPal and thus is altering the data sent, which could result in PayPal rejecting the invalid data.

So, the need to upgrade still remains.