Page 261 of 361 FirstFirst ... 161211251259260261262263271311 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,610 of 3606
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: EasyPopulate 4.0 Support Thread

does this work with 1.5.5a?? i can't get it to work.. it says file uploaded successfully but there are no products in the database and i get what looks like these error messages?

Name:  2016-07-24_1507.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  91.4 KB

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lidlchris View Post
    does this work with 1.5.5a?? i can't get it to work.. it says file uploaded successfully but there are no products in the database and i get what looks like these error messages?

Name:  2016-07-24_1507.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  91.4 KB
    Sigh... have you 1) read the instructions, 2) read even the last page of posts or 2?

Upload... to provide files to the server, been a term used for like 30 years to represent movement of files or information from a local system or area to a remote location.

Try importing... the listing of files presented in the above image is incomplete... there is no "error", there is an indication that nothing is present...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Sigh... have you 1) read the instructions, 2) read even the last page of posts or 2?

Upload... to provide files to the server, been a term used for like 30 years to represent movement of files or information from a local system or area to a remote location.

Try importing... the listing of files presented in the above image is incomplete... there is no "error", there is an indication that nothing is present...

yikes, must be late there?? i'm sorry if you had a bad day. i really like this plugin and have used the older version many times with success. and yes i'm been in data processing/programming for 37 years now so i know what 'upload' is.. and yes the file has records in it. i'll include a link to the csv file here. and yes i created it in both excel and openoffice with the same results. i'm sure i'm doing something dumb but i'm not an idiot.. and i did do a search and will continue while waiting for a reply.

http://criticalsystemsincshop.com/te...openoffice.csv

Plugin Contributions

yikes, must be late there?? i'm sorry if you had a bad day. i really like this plugin and have used the older version many times with success. and yes i'm been in data processing/programming for 37 years now so i know what 'upload' is.. and yes the file has records in it. i'll include a link to the csv file here. and yes i created it in both excel and openoffice with the same results. i'm sure i'm doing something dumb but i'm not an idiot.. and i did do a search and will continue while waiting for a reply.

make that http://g8x.net/delatec-test-upload-openoffice.csv

Plugin Contributions

Do you really have 14 languages installed?

Incorporated the patches described over the last several pages?

What is the primary language used on the site, what number is assigned to that language when viewing the tools->EP4 page in the upper right corner?

Also, though it doesn't matter for this particular file, the filename is important to identify what filter type will be applied, the above file is and will be treated like a "full" export/import file.

Plugin Contributions

What is the primary language used on the site, what number is assigned to that language when viewing the tools->EP4 page in the upper right corner?

Also, though it doesn't matter for this particular file, the filename is important to identify what filter type will be applied, the above file is and will be treated like a "full" export/import file.
    yes i only should have English.. i missed that in the original instructions. hopefully i can uninstall the others.. primary language is English and it is a 1. and yes i wanted a FULL import, unless i'm missing something? i think all the fields are on that csv i sent you?

Plugin Contributions

i did not incorporate any patches.. where exactly do i find them.. i just downloaded the latest version today - shouldn't that have all the patches in it?

Plugin Contributions

i did not incorporate any patches.. where exactly do i find them.. i just downloaded the latest version today - shouldn't that have all the patches in it?
    Up to the point of additional patches identified. See, those that process uploaded plugins do so on their own volunteer time like just about everyone on this site. As such, their time is considered valuable and I for one don't care to waste it by uploading what would have probably been at least two if not three different versions since 4.0.35.ZC was pushed to the ZC site. As well, each such version if it made it to the site would have notified users of the plugin to download and reinstall (though only files were modified, not the database). That just adds aggravation to the users as well.

So, like other plugins, if a bug is found, it is first discussed and or corrected here in the forum thread (one reason to read from the end of a thread backwards). When corrected it should be uploaded as a new version. The issues have been corrected in version 4.0.35.ZC.1 available from github however there remain a few display issues to be addressed related to the selected primary key and associated "error" on upload, so it has not been pushed to ZC yet. All of these things are discussed over the last several pages including what change(s) are necessary to repair the software.

Plugin Contributions

yes i only should have English.. i missed that in the original instructions. hopefully i can uninstall the others.. primary language is English and it is a 1. and yes i wanted a FULL import, unless i'm missing something? i think all the fields are on that csv i sent you?
    Yes, the files that have been posted will be treated as full imports because they don't meet the criteria to be uploaded as a unique file type. The data presented in each of those appears to at least import to Open Office without issue, so that implies that they are satisfactory for import to ZC.

Now, having looked at the files, it appears that the goal is to push the product to the database in a disabled status. When stating that the product is not in the database, what is the method of review employed? What is/are the messages that appear at the bottom of the screen after selecting to import the associated file(s)? If product exists with the associated products_model, then they will be updated, not added anew. If using the store front as the verification, then the product won't be seen (v_status =0), if using the database itself, verify looking at the correct database, and then within that, make sure looking at the correct table(s) such that their prefix matches your setup. If looking in the admin, again if updated, then should be a change if the product previously existed or should be locateable using the category(ies) assigned to the product.

Regardless, assistance can only be provided based on the information posted/presented. The initial post was about how an upload did not get to the database after selecting upload. Other than providing copies of the file(s) attempted, little additional information has been provided. As a result and in spite of that, multiple paths of what is going on have been provided. This is instead of cutting the conversation short and just simply asking for more information... hopefully it helps narrow down the cause and then here and anywhere else that this issue has been posted about will reflect the solution or reason for the observations already made.

Plugin Contributions

Yes, the files that have been posted will be treated as full imports because they don't meet the criteria to be uploaded as a unique file type. The data presented in each of those appears to at least import to Open Office without issue, so that implies that they are satisfactory for import to ZC.

Now, having looked at the files, it appears that the goal is to push the product to the database in a disabled status. When stating that the product is not in the database, what is the method of review employed? What is/are the messages that appear at the bottom of the screen after selecting to import the associated file(s)? If product exists with the associated products_model, then they will be updated, not added anew. If using the store front as the verification, then the product won't be seen (v_status =0), if using the database itself, verify looking at the correct database, and then within that, make sure looking at the correct table(s) such that their prefix matches your setup. If looking in the admin, again if updated, then should be a change if the product previously existed or should be locateable using the category(ies) assigned to the product.

Regardless, assistance can only be provided based on the information posted/presented. The initial post was about how an upload did not get to the database after selecting upload. Other than providing copies of the file(s) attempted, little additional information has been provided. As a result and in spite of that, multiple paths of what is going on have been provided. This is instead of cutting the conversation short and just simply asking for more information... hopefully it helps narrow down the cause and then here and anywhere else that this issue has been posted about will reflect the solution or reason for the observations already made.
    Looks like it was a simple 'fix' on my end.. i uploaded the files and they said they uploaded fine and then finally i noticed an 'import' button next the files at the bottom. i clicked on 'import' and the products were all there using the same file i sent you guys. maybe because i used the older product, the 'import' is not intuitive. i would think the 'upload' would upload to the products database.. but thank you all for helping.