Page 269 of 361 FirstFirst ... 169219259267268269270271279319 ... LastLast
Results 2,681 to 2,690 of 3601
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: EasyPopulate 4.0 Support Thread

Okay so now i have the .htt file correct that allows me to download the csv file.

What about the rest of the stuff that is showing NO Supported data files? Is this something i should worry about

Plugin Contributions

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-10-08 at 1.27.46 PM.png 
Views:	52 
Size:	108.7 KB 
ID:	16717Alright as to my other problem with import. I downloaded the file opened with open office got the scrrenshot so after i opened it went to the bottom of the list added 1 item saved it kept format... the clicked on the upload ep file at top browsed for the file and clicked upload file then went to the bottom and clicked import.... it has been 3 mins and nothing shows blank screen

hope this helps....And THANK YOU for helping me

Robert

Plugin Contributions

I did not yet look at the file, because there are/were other issues to address first but I'll get to that in a moment.

The htaccess file provided in the download would go into the temp folder used for file upload/download. There are other reasons not to incorporate it into the main htaccess file of the admin. The file is intended to control/limit access and such permissions are best to be applied at the point(s) where they are needed. Because this plugin only needs to access csv files in the temp (or otherwise named) folder, that folder is the only one that needs the extra rules of the file.

Now, back on the import file. It is possible to use EP4 without products_model, but it is not the default functionality. One of the first/early instructions describe that this plugin uses the products_model field as a primary key.

So what's a primary key? Think of it this way. You live at an address, your address is different than everyone else's. In order to find your house you can either provide the address or you can give very detailed directions that only someone while in the "area" can follow like the big tree on the corner, or the red house on the left. Computers don't tend to do well with the second part, but if enough data exists, it can be done. Anyways, the address of one's house is similar to products_model for EP4. It's the one "unique" piece of information that says hey, this line of data belongs with this product. Now, ZC as a database program uses products_id as the primary key. This option has been added to EP4, but, one should also realize/consider the source of data to populate the database. If it is your own entered information (not from some mass import vendor file), then go ahead, use the products_id or blank_new option (I suggest blank_new if you are not going to hard code the products_id), but even so, you don't want to end up with the same exact product listed more than once as a primary product. It can be linked, but you don't want the same product multiple times in the products table it's not good for ranking and would likely cause an inventory tracking issue.

Anyways, that's a lot of information again. The general process is straight forward. Start with one thing at a time, then work your way to many/multiple items and things. The requirements are provided in the instructions, it's how they are applied/uniquely used that makes this tool something to do things faster. There *is* a learning curve to overcome to gain the most benefit from it and "daily" business.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Cooper View Post
    Okay so now i have the .htt file correct that allows me to download the csv file.

What about the rest of the stuff that is showing NO Supported data files? Is this something i should worry about
    Nope. It is/was added to show how files should be named if it was desired to upload a file that is/could be processed by that "filter". If it becomes bothersome, there is a setting in the configuration area so that detail is only provided for files that match the type of filter. Or you can go "old school" and completely turn off the extra information and the table at the bottom will only show the filenames, buttons and whatever other data is applicable to that row of the file...

It was a feature somewhat requested a while back because the instructions were not read or considered on a routine basis. The goal was to improve user understanding of the current status and how to at least name files that were to be used for a purpose. In part it seems to have reduced thee number of questions related to: I uploaded a featured product file and imported it but nothing changed. Can ask: does it appear immediately below the featured file(s) list or below the full products list? If not in the featured list, then won't be processed as a featured file...

Plugin Contributions

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-10-08 at 1.27.46 PM.png 
Views:	52 
Size:	108.7 KB 
ID:	16717Alright as to my other problem with import. I downloaded the file opened with open office got the scrrenshot so after i opened it went to the bottom of the list added 1 item saved it kept format... the clicked on the upload ep file at top browsed for the file and clicked upload file then went to the bottom and clicked import.... it has been 3 mins and nothing shows blank screen

hope this helps....And THANK YOU for helping me

Robert
    Okay, so the above image is of the import of the csv file. When you say you "kept the same format" does that mean you did a save as/export operation and applied the above settings as part of the save? Or did you just click save? There's an entire Open Office FAQ at the open office site on creating a csv file with the various delimiters to be applied.

As to the three minute import/blank screen. Well, the screen should not change until processing is complete in a routine successful operation. By it going blank, that means that something hasn't quite worked correctly. Further, it should mean that there has been a ZC error log generated and that log should be in the logs directory. You can post it, but please obscure your admin directory name as the issue is/would be admin related.

Plugin Contributions

Okay i went in configuration> easy populate 4 and changed Import/Export Primary Key blank_new. did the complete products (with metatags) downloaded to my computer opened it up in open office. added a product, hit save closed file and clicked browse under upload ep file at top left. hit upload got a green file successfully uploaded. went to bottom clicked import....and it just sits there loading And finally comes to a blank page. could it be firefox that is the issue i am on a mac BTW also Should I just delete everything in the file except the headers and not keep any of my other products in there?

Robert
    Last edited by Robert Cooper; 8 Oct 2016 at 07:41 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Okay i went in configuration> easy populate 4 and changed Import/Export Primary Key blank_new. did the complete products (with metatags) downloaded to my computer opened it up in open office. added a product, hit save closed file and clicked browse under upload ep file at top left. hit upload got a green file successfully uploaded. went to bottom clicked import....and it just sits there loading And finally comes to a blank page. could it be firefox that is the issue i am on a mac BTW also Should I just delete everything in the file except the headers and not keep any of my other products in there?

Robert
    If products_id is included in the exported file, then it would not be a problem. As to the computer type? Makes no difference as really once the file is transferred to the server, the work is being performed by the server and not your local computer. Otherwise, Open Office is doing the work on your local computer.

Couple of things, selecting save does not store the file as a proper UTF-8 CSV file. Need to select Save As, then at the bottom of the window that appears (at least on Windows) is an option to edit filter settings. Then presented with options that can be set to values similar to the image(s) above. This is also described in post 8 I think it is/was of this forum.

Again, the blank page should result in a logged error. Mentioned that have 500-600 products to add? How many rows of data are involved? Should the file be split? Certainly reducing the number of rows in the import file will reduce the possibility of something going drastically wrong, but it is not a requirement provided the data meets the expected formatting.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    If products_id is included in the exported file, then it would not be a problem. As to the computer type? Makes no difference as really once the file is transferred to the server, the work is being performed by the server and not your local computer. Otherwise, Open Office is doing the work on your local computer.

Couple of things, selecting save does not store the file as a proper UTF-8 CSV file. Need to select Save As, then at the bottom of the window that appears (at least on Windows) is an option to edit filter settings. Then presented with options that can be set to values similar to the image(s) above. This is also described in post 8 I think it is/was of this forum.

Again, the blank page should result in a logged error. Mentioned that have 500-600 products to add? How many rows of data are involved? Should the file be split? Certainly reducing the number of rows in the import file will reduce the possibility of something going drastically wrong, but it is not a requirement provided the data meets the expected formatting.
    Well i have done save as... and same thing i have right now a total of 1327 items in my store. Maybe if you want to we can do this in PM's I would be willing to give you access to my backend just to see whats going on and would be willing to make a small donation to you rescue efforts

Robert

Plugin Contributions

Okay one thing i have done on my local computer is play with zen cart and EP4 i did get it to update the products after putting products model starting at 1001 and all the way down to 2103 something like that. It put in double products with of course the new products model. I fixed that after reloading my DB now my question is (I don't mind having a product number...is there a way i can add the product number(s) with out having to go into every single item and add that under where is say qty?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Plugin Contributions

So a couple of things. Unfortunately my computer's Internet is down so if I were to try to access the computer system it would basically be limited to what I can do through just a browser. Been down for 12 hours now surprisingly. Anyways, there's a few other factors to know, and one that was asked about earlier. Does products_id appear in your exported file after you changed to blank_new as the primary key, what version of EP4 are you using?

To apply a products_model using EP4 requires using some other field as the primary key. You could also use a simple sql query to apply a "calculated" value to the products_model if it is empty for example...