Page 112 of 281 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122162212 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 2809
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: One-Page Checkout [Support Thread]

Quote Originally Posted by chadlly2003 View Post
    I installed this on a testing server just to see how it actually worked. I think its a great module.

But as for the guest checkout The "save button" really hurts the whole aspect of making things easier.

Has anyone figured out a way to remove the save button but still make the process guest checkout function.
    replace the save button image (text) with one that says 'proceed' or 'next' or similar ?????????? just a thought.

Plugin Contributions

@chadlly2003, There's an open issue that requests that change: https://github.com/lat9/one_page_checkout/issues/163

Plugin Contributions

I've just submitted v2.1.0 of One-Page Checkout to the Zen Cart plugins for review; once available, it can be downloaded from: https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=2095

This release contains changes associated with the following GitHub issues and the plugin's installation instructions have changed significantly. See this link for additional information.

#150: Disallow Gift Certificate purchase by guests.
    #154: Guest/Registered Accounts, no shipping/payment blocks displayed until address is entered.
    #160: startGuestOnePageCheckout needs to return its status.
    #164: Correct conditional statement, reported as PHP Warning.
    #165: zc156 interoperability, correct PHP warning if ot_gv isn't active.
    #166: Restructure installation/upgrade instructions for zc156+.
    #167: Remove redundant language definitions.
    #168: Correct conditional looking for a value rather than a function-return.
    #169: Always observe for temporary-address-related notifications.
    #170: The Shipping, same as billing setting gets "out of sync" with the associated addresses.
    #171: Don't display the address-selection drop-down if the customer has only one address recorded.
    #173: Correct undefined variable after guest-checkout on the checkout_success page.
    #174: Correct undefined variables on checkout_one_confirmation page during guest-checkout.
    #175: Use jQuery show()/hide() instead of Zen Cart-specific classes.
    #176: Correct PHP Notice if shipping isn't taxed or the session's shipping is not recorded.
    #177: Include date in OPC logfile names to more easily separate processing.
    #178: Use jscript_framework.php from template_default.
    #180: PayPal Express Checkout, shortcut button processing will now use the "traditional" checkout.
    #182: Correct various, other, PHP Notice logs.
    #185: Guest/Registered Accounts, temporary addresses no longer pre-fill the zipcode.
    #186: Correct HTML comments in tpl_modules_opc_customer_info.php.
    #187: Correct temporary-address integration with PayPal Express Checkout.
    #188: Correct state display when State - Always display as pulldown is enabled.
    #190, #191: Correct "Free Shipping on orders over xx" handling.
    #192: Session variables' clean-up, when OPC enablement is toggled on and off.
    #194: Handle session timeout indications on all AJAX requests.
    #195: Ensure the processing ceases when an unrecoverable error is detected.
    #196: Apply additional ordering to address drop-down selections.

Plugin Contributions

LAt9 I did download the latest version. The issue for me is that the guest checkout is not a true OPC.

When you have a customer hit "save" or "next" it will confuse the customer. Plus it seems like two unnecessary extra steps.

Also when you click save or next it almost like refreshes the page and starts back up at the top.

This module has potential but for guest checkout it does not seem like the best solution.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by chadlly2003 View Post
    LAt9 I did download the latest version. The issue for me is that the guest checkout is not a true OPC.

When you have a customer hit "save" or "next" it will confuse the customer. Plus it seems like two unnecessary extra steps.

Also when you click save or next it almost like refreshes the page and starts back up at the top.

This module has potential but for guest checkout it does not seem like the best solution.
    I'm looking to combine the guest customer-info and their billing address' entry into a single step, noting that the base Zen Cart checkout processing requires an address to determine which shipping, payment and order-total modules to present as part of the checkout.

That change will still require at least one extra step (saving that contact/address information) during a guest's checkout.

Plugin Contributions

That might actually work if you combine them. This way you only have to hit save or next once. Please post when you complete that. I would love to test it out.

This is only for constructive criticism
    In my opinion customers have a hard time figuring out the most basic things on a website. Especially in a checkout it should be as easy as possible without having a 'save' or 'next' option.

Plugin Contributions

v2.1.0 of One Page Checkout is now available for download from the Zen Cart Plugins section.

Plugin Contributions

I am testing on the latest version of OPC.
    I tested on guest checkout using test mode of Authorize.net.

However, one thing I noticed... if I create account after I placed order as "guest."
    The newsletter's setting on those new users from OPC checkout is automatically set to HTML-only.

I wonder if this is intentional and whether it is based on OPC settings or the core of Zen Cart settings by default?

Also, I do agree on above comments by chadlly2003 that the OPC could do better if there is no extra steps on pressing "Next" and such.
    I do feel it is almost no different using OPC or default Zen Cart checkout as you still have to go through "sections" (in OPC) instead of "pages" (in Zen Cart layout) during checkout process.
    I do think the OPC should be simply true one-page and customers are simply just input their information and only button they need to click once they filled in is "Order" like some of big eCommerce websites are doing (customers should NOT have to "Save" or "Next" to continue...) If it has to be done and manage with core files, then it may needed to address with next Zen Cart major update (like in 1.5.7 or ... 2.0?)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by PanZC2020 View Post
    I am testing on the latest version of OPC.
    I tested on guest checkout using test mode of Authorize.net.

However, one thing I noticed... if I create account after I placed order as "guest."
    The newsletter's setting on those new users from OPC checkout is automatically set to HTML-only.

I wonder if this is intentional and whether it is based on OPC settings or the core of Zen Cart settings by default?

Also, I do agree on above comments by chadlly2003 that the OPC could do better if there is no extra steps on pressing "Next" and such.
    I do feel it is almost no different using OPC or default Zen Cart checkout as you still have to go through "sections" (in OPC) instead of "pages" (in Zen Cart layout) during checkout process.
    I do think the OPC should be simply true one-page and customers are simply just input their information and only button they need to click once they filled in is "Order" like some of big eCommerce websites are doing (customers should NOT have to "Save" or "Next" to continue...) If it has to be done and manage with core files, then it may needed to address with next Zen Cart major update (like in 1.5.7 or ... 2.0?)
    You're right; I neglected to provide the TEXT vs HTML email choice when a guest is given the opportunity to create an account.

I've created a GitHub issue to track the change: https://github.com/lat9/one_page_checkout/issues/198

Plugin Contributions

Idea or Suggestion Re: One-Page Checkout [Support Thread]

Sorry, but our expedited checkout process cannot be used. Click here to use our alternate checkout process.
    Desktop.zip