Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Posted Steps to Upgrading Zen Cart Too Broad - Need Instructions in Layman's Term

Good Catch More reason why I try to stay to the tutorials.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Posted Steps to Upgrading Zen Cart Too Broad - Need Instructions in Layman's Term

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    Good Catch More reason why I try to stay to the tutorials.
    True, but like the OP somewhat pointed out, that particular nugget is not directly in the tutorials. There's a series of references to it, but seeing as things are written for the general purpose of installation and the OP is looking for a somewhat more streamlined/direct step-by-step aapproach (minimizing conflicts and redos), that little tidbit of extra info only helps a little more. :)
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Thanks everyone for all the help!! I really appreciate it and will use it accordingly.

Another question friends..

When it says to upload the file set to my webserver, do I use the host on my FTP that I am using for my current website?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by nchgalleries View Post
    Another question friends..

When it says to upload the file set to my webserver, do I use the host on my FTP that I am using for my current website?

If I understand correctly you want to use a reliable ftp program to upload to the machine that currently hosts your site. As all of the guidance has suggested use a different directory than your current site. Create a new directory and upload and install there.

Okay thank you. Sorry if I am asking things that you all have answered already! Trying to make sense of it all

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by nchgalleries View Post
    Okay thank you. Sorry if I am asking things that you all have answered already! Trying to make sense of it all
    No problem at all, I waasnt sure I understood the question. And in answering hoping I haven't made things more confusing. :) ask until you understand, if necessary ask a different way.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12