Plugin Contributions

Default Product qty unit How to set max qty Admin side

Server OS: Linux 4.19.0-13-amd64Server Date: 01/27/2021 22:17:19 Server Up Time: 22:17:19 up 24 days, 55 min, 2 users, load average: 0.07, 0.29, 0.38HTTP Server: Apache/2PHP Version: 7.3.26 (Zend: 3.3.26)PHP File Uploads: OnUpload Max Size: 1GPHP Memory Limit: 512MPOST Max Size: 512MDatabase Engine: MySQL 5.5.5-10.4.17-MariaDBDatabase Host: 127.0.0.1 (127.0.0.1)Database Date: 01/27/2021 22:17:19Database Data Size: 9,852 kBDatabase Index Size: 3,415 kBMySQL Slow Query Log Status: OnMySQL Slow Query Log File: speedserver01-slow.logMySQL Mode: (None set)

Name:  ProductQuantity.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  12.3 KB

I know there is a setting in Store Admin or maybe the php files to set the maximum product units that you wish to sell across all the store products ie 1000 units. but I cannot find any where. I know it can be set by each manufacturer each time they add a product, and that the default is 1. We would like to change that default to 1000, and I have looked but cannot find it, can you please let me know where I can find it and set it please.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Product qty unit How to set max qty Admin side

Would like to be sure that we are using the same terminology to describe what is needed and needed to be done.

When you say "max quantity", are you referring to the total quantity of a product to be sold by the store? Are you referring to the total quantity that can be purchased in a single purchase?

Are you wanting to support purchasing only in quantities of a particular "size"? For example are you wanting to always sell in units of 2 (2, 4, 6, etc..) or always have to buy 1000 of the item every time?

I see that the product qty min/unit mix is marked yes. Does the product in question come with attributes? If so, are you trying to limit the total quantity of the product or the total quantity of the product that having the same attribute selection?

Easier: can you provide some examples of what a customer might try to do and what you want the cart to do with that selection? For example, customer enters a quantity of 1050, adds it to the cart and the cart adjusts the quantity to 1000 and notifies the customer. Or what if they wanted to enter 50.5? Etc...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Some products we would like to be exclusive to 10 customers only. So only 10 people would be able to purchase that product, we can set that for individual products in the Product categories for individual product, (see image in first post). Once the 10 is reached that product is then showing as sold out. We are ok with that....

However, we also want to set the majority of the products to a limit of 1000 products to be sold, the main reason for that, is the default is currently 1, so if someone forgets to change the default 1 then a 2nd person wants to purchase the store thinks it is sold out. Whilst this can be set for each product by when a new product is added, we would like to make a the default as 1000 so that we do not have to change it on every product we add to the store.

At the same time that 1000 can be over ridden to 10 products in the Product categories.

I hope that makes more sense.

The reason I know this is possible is that I sell in a few different Zencart stores as well as my own and in most stores (& mine) the default has been set to 1000, whereas a friends store it is still set on the default of 1 and she would like it changed. I have checked the settings in admin and cannot find where to change it, so I presume it is one of the PHP files.
    I have asked other stores and no one else seems to know the answer.

Plugin Contributions

Ok, so you want the product to have an available quantity that when created defaults to 1000. That *is* a php file modification. It is specific to each product type (most just use the product type product, but Zen Cart offers four default product types that have quantities).

The file in question is: admin/includes/modules/products/collect_info.php

Specifically in this area:
    Code:
    $parameters = [
      'products_name' => '',
      'products_description' => '',
      'products_url' => '',
      'products_id' => '',
      'products_quantity' => '0',
      'products_model' => '',

The line in question is at/around line 16.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Thank you