Page 69 of 108 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Responsive Classic (built in to Zen Cart v1.5.5) [Support Thread]

Should I ask about v156a responsive classic in this thread or start a new one?

Here is my question, in case it's this thread:

Hi, replacing my 1.5.4 site with 1.5.6a, and have noticed that on the desktop and mobile versions there is no search bar for my customers to quickly find what they are after.
    How do i activate or insert a search function into the top bar, particularly on mobile? I can see the code in the responsive_mobile.css file:

Code:
    /*bof header*/
    /*top search*/
    #navMainSearch{display:none;visibility:hidden;}
    #navMainSearch1{float:none;text-align:center;padding:10px 0;margin:0;width:100%!important;background:#666;}
    #navMainSearch1 input[type=text]{vertical-align:top;display:inline-block;border:0;width:65% !important;height:32px;margin:0;font-size:0.9em;-moz-box-sizing: border-box; -webkit-box-sizing: border-box; box-sizing: border-box;}
    #navMainSearch1 input[type=submit]{-moz-box-sizing: border-box; -webkit-box-sizing: border-box; box-sizing: border-box;display:inline-block;margin:0;height:32px;}
    /*search in mobile menu*/
    #menu-search{padding:10px 0;margin-left:20px;}
    #menu-search input[type=text]{vertical-align:top;display:inline-block;border:0;width:48% !important;height:32px;margin:0;font-size:0.9em;-moz-box-sizing: border-box; -webkit-box-sizing: border-box; box-sizing: border-box;}
    #menu-search input[type=submit]{-moz-box-sizing: border-box; -webkit-box-sizing: border-box; box-sizing: border-box;display:inline-block;margin:0;height:32px;}
    /*top navigation*/
    but can't seem to work out which bits will bring the search function back to my site, (it's crucial).

this is the test site (also, when I try to switch it into showcase mode the admin page freaks out and gives error codes, so please don't attempt to actually pay for anything!)
    http:www.heresyminiatures.com/shop156/

Second question: my server is running old php 5.4 or something, when I switch it to 7.x do I need to upload the database copy again and run zc_install? is that correct?

I trawled this thread for an hour and a half looking for an answer to the Search button/bar/icon question and couldn't find it or missed it if it was given, apologies if so.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Heresy Miniatures View Post
    Should I ask about v156a responsive classic in this thread or start a new one?

Here is my question, in case it's this thread:

Hi, replacing my 1.5.4 site with 1.5.6a, and have noticed that on the desktop and mobile versions there is no search bar for my customers to quickly find what they are after.
    How do i activate or insert a search function into the top bar, particularly on mobile? I can see the code in the responsive_mobile.css file:

Code:
    /*bof header*/
    /*top search*/
    #navMainSearch{display:none;visibility:hidden;}
    #navMainSearch1{float:none;text-align:center;padding:10px 0;margin:0;width:100%!important;background:#666;}
    #navMainSearch1 input[type=text]{vertical-align:top;display:inline-block;border:0;width:65% !important;height:32px;margin:0;font-size:0.9em;-moz-box-sizing: border-box; -webkit-box-sizing: border-box; box-sizing: border-box;}
    #navMainSearch1 input[type=submit]{-moz-box-sizing: border-box; -webkit-box-sizing: border-box; box-sizing: border-box;display:inline-block;margin:0;height:32px;}
    /*search in mobile menu*/
    #menu-search{padding:10px 0;margin-left:20px;}
    #menu-search input[type=text]{vertical-align:top;display:inline-block;border:0;width:48% !important;height:32px;margin:0;font-size:0.9em;-moz-box-sizing: border-box; -webkit-box-sizing: border-box; box-sizing: border-box;}
    #menu-search input[type=submit]{-moz-box-sizing: border-box; -webkit-box-sizing: border-box; box-sizing: border-box;display:inline-block;margin:0;height:32px;}
    /*top navigation*/
    but can't seem to work out which bits will bring the search function back to my site, (it's crucial).

this is the test site (also, when I try to switch it into showcase mode the admin page freaks out and gives error codes, so please don't attempt to actually pay for anything!)
    http:www.heresyminiatures.com/shop156/

Second question: my server is running old php 5.4 or something, when I switch it to 7.x do I need to upload the database copy again and run zc_install? is that correct?

I trawled this thread for an hour and a half looking for an answer to the Search button/bar/icon question and couldn't find it or missed it if it was given, apologies if so.
    Are you running any plugins?
    What database engine is your host running.
    try switching to php 7.2 and see if your errors go away.
    You can always switch back.

No, Just switch to php 7.2.
    If you run zc_install it will over write your database

Plugin Contributions

The search functions are controlled in Admin > Tools > Layout Boxes Controller

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by linuxguy2 View Post
    Are you running any plugins?
    What database engine is your host running.
    try switching to php 7.2 and see if your errors go away.
    You can always switch back.

No, Just switch to php 7.2.
    If you run zc_install it will over write your database
    No plug ins yet, it's a clean install and I have yet to see any plug ins that are markesd as 1.5.6a friendly so I'm reluctant to install much yet. My previous shop got a bit over-indulged in that regard. Hopefully reward suite and edit orders will work with 1.5.6 .Thanks for the php answer! And thanks fo rthe search answer, can't believe I missed that. So busy assuming it must be coding that the obvious answer was hidden to my eyes...

Plugin Contributions

How can I add EZ Pages to the 'Information' menu?

I have edited the title of the Information sidebox to read 'Main Menu' and I would like to add my EZ Page to that menu.

I suppose I could go the other way and create EZ Pages with relative links to each page then hide the 'Information' menu. Which I might do anyway so that I can use the top feature of EZ Pages as a horizontal menu.

Here is the site: https://www.paintingbarn.com - We have several more paintings/products but I haven't migrated them over to this new installation of ZC yet.

I was forced to upgrade from the previous site which used Drupal for the front door presentation but my Drupal install couldn't function on the newer 7.2 version of PHP. So rather than rebuild the Drupal/Zen Cart combination, I have installed a new version of ZC and will now use it for all pages. You'll see the Calendar page (CSS is yet to be polished) which is one of a few custom pages that will need to be added.

Thanks in advance!

Brampton, Cumbria, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Plugin Contributions

I am using v1.5.5f as I am using the plugin bookx which currently does not work with v1.5.6a. Some of the plugins are asking to merge with file located in the template for the store, however, when I search for the file it is not there, it is in the template default folder. Do I merge the file in the default file and up load a copy into responsive classic?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by adb34 View Post
    I am using v1.5.5f as I am using the plugin bookx which currently does not work with v1.5.6a. Some of the plugins are asking to merge with file located in the template for the store, however, when I search for the file it is not there, it is in the template default folder. Do I merge the file in the default file and up load a copy into responsive classic?
    Based on my experience that should work.

In the forum of that plugin I would point out that it needs an update to 1.5.6a

However when you are making several mods one should be aware of this information.
    https://www.zen-cart.com/content.php...verride-system
    https://www.zen-cart.com/content.php...ustom-template

HINT:
    To keep track of the files I change I also include a copy of the original file in the folder where I've merged or copied that file and add .ORG after the .php extension.
    ZC ignores those files [Example] file_name.php.ORG but they are handy for your reference.
    I also add notations at the top of the file I've modified.
    This has saved me hours of debug when I make changes or upgrade.

Brampton, Cumbria, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by linuxguy2 View Post
    Based on my experience that should work.

In the forum of that plugin I would point out that it needs an update to 1.5.6a

However when you are making several mods one should be aware of this information.
    https://www.zen-cart.com/content.php...verride-system
    https://www.zen-cart.com/content.php...ustom-template

HINT:
    To keep track of the files I change I also include a copy of the original file in the folder where I've merged or copied that file and add .ORG after the .php extension.
    ZC ignores those files [Example] file_name.php.ORG but they are handy for your reference.
    I also add notations at the top of the file I've modified.
    This has saved me hours of debug when I make changes or upgrade.
    What I forgot to mention, is that, they are working on bookx to bring it kicking and screaming in to use with v1.5.6a. My site is only e-books so this plugin is very good for me. I like your idea of adding .ORG to the original. What I do is add -old1 after the file name. If I then merge another file it then gets changed to -old2 e.g. mainpage-old1.php & mainpage-old2.php. I have also got many backups of the site.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by adb34 View Post
    What I forgot to mention, is that, they are working on bookx to bring it kicking and screaming in to use with v1.5.6a. My site is only e-books so this plugin is very good for me. I like your idea of adding .ORG to the original. What I do is add -old1 after the file name. If I then merge another file it then gets changed to -old2 e.g. mainpage-old1.php & mainpage-old2.php. I have also got many backups of the site.
    That is actually not such a good idea, as some folders autoload all .php files. It is better to use the extension .old1 and .old2

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by SliderCO View Post
    How can I add EZ Pages to the 'Information' menu?

I have edited the title of the Information sidebox to read 'Main Menu' and I would like to add my EZ Page to that menu.

I suppose I could go the other way and create EZ Pages with relative links to each page then hide the 'Information' menu. Which I might do anyway so that I can use the top feature of EZ Pages as a horizontal menu.

Here is the site: https://www.paintingbarn.com - We have several more paintings/products but I haven't migrated them over to this new installation of ZC yet.

I was forced to upgrade from the previous site which used Drupal for the front door presentation but my Drupal install couldn't function on the newer 7.2 version of PHP. So rather than rebuild the Drupal/Zen Cart combination, I have installed a new version of ZC and will now use it for all pages. You'll see the Calendar page (CSS is yet to be polished) which is one of a few custom pages that will need to be added.

Thanks in advance!

Add EZ pages to Mobile Menu

I believe this is what you are looking to do:

Add sort order here:

Then the EZ-pages will auto populate into the Mobile Menu.

As long as you have Admin > Configuration > EZ-Pages Settings turned on and set the sort order you will see them.

If you want to move everything into the ezpages or category_tabs header bar or pick and choose - you'll need to edit the base pages like - tpl_modules_mobile_menu.php by moving the EZ page lookup loop to the location you prefer within the other links, or make a new box heading and links of your own and turn off or hide the unused links.
    Twitch.
    https://www.twitchtoo.com Do you work for free? Please donate.
    Twitch Base7 with Wholesale PRO - 88 preinstalled plugins zero errors.

Page 69 of 108 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast