New Zenner
- Join Date:
- Nov 2005
- Posts:
- 71
- Plugin Contributions:
- 0
paypal express questions and comments
I have just upgraded several zencarts to the newest release (1.3.9h) and am switching them all from PP Standard to PP Express.
IF I understand all of this correctly, if a person wants to purchase something without logging in (and the correct button is activated in the Express Module) they go straight to Paypal. Ok good, except for the shipping does not calculate until after they log into paypal or fill in their address info at PP (and from some posts around here, it sounds like sometimes the shipping doesnt even get added in).
So to fix that, you disable the button that allows them to skip express checkout (and oddly enough, text shows up telling them to click the button below that is not longer there, what's up with that?). But now they have to log in to your store in order to check out.
So my question is: What good is this Express checkout when it does not allow for having the shipping added before a person goes to paypal?
I know it is possible, because I often purchase from places using express checkout and I get to see the shipping charges before I check out. And you know what? If I cannot see those shipping charges before that, I am out of there and shopping somewhere else. So I know others would do the same.
I really wanted to take advantage of the Express functions, but it seems that I am not able to do so. So I am not sure what the point of using it is (besides the fact that PP Standard seems to be quite buggy these days)
(I have fixed the problem with the text above the missing button, but I had to edit a template to do so. it seems like that text should automatically go away after the button does though)